PDA

View Full Version : G752VY new drivers posted for some parts

pigulici
02-26-2016, 03:51 PM
Usually I check at 4-7 days for new drivers, from asus website, today I see that for some parts , are new drivers:
Windows BIOS Flash Utility
ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities
Realtek Audio Driver
nVidia Graphics Driver
ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology
Gaming Mouse Driver

link for download:
http://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/

I did not have the time to installl , for now, if anybaody did it, let us now...

EttoreA
02-26-2016, 08:16 PM
I have the same ROG series and saw those new drivers but I'm a little reluctant to install them; after all why change what's actually working well ? Anyway if you'll ever get the time to install them then please let us know how things went ;)

pigulici
02-26-2016, 08:44 PM
I managed to make time to install:
ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities
Realtek Audio Driver

So far , so good...the rest, next day...

JustinThyme
02-26-2016, 10:33 PM
NVIDIA drivers I get from NVIDIA. I may try the ATK package to see if it addresses the lights being off prior to boot. ASUS splendid I consider bloatware, I don't have their gaming mouse and not having problems with audio so I'm not going to mess up what's not messed up then have to roll back. Winflash seems to be working as is too.

pigulici
02-28-2016, 06:58 AM
I put the vga drivers too, work ok, the rest I will not put, no need for blootware...

EttoreA
02-28-2016, 10:49 AM
Thank you a lot for you taking the time to let us know.
Did you notice any system improvement by updating those drivers - better stability, speed, etc. etc ?

pigulici
02-28-2016, 11:00 AM
On the sound part, I think the music sound better, not sure if it is not a autosuggestion; I think this drivers are more about bugfix, not haved any issues before them, also never had the time to play a lot of games, just some Photoshop(use the vga for some tasks) and Mass Effect 3, so for now , are ok...

JustinThyme
02-28-2016, 02:40 PM
That graphics driver is so OLD! 359.23 was released by Nvidia in December.
Latest driver is 361.91
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/98558/en-us

ROG_HARDCORE
02-28-2016, 03:53 PM
Windows updates is providing only 359.23 as well.

pigulici
02-28-2016, 03:59 PM
On my laptop I can't live on the edge, I work and make money on it, so 1 day in not working(because,maybe, I wiil need to install/set win+software), to me it is a big problem, so I can't put latest drivers from nvidia/intel/realtek(so on), for now I take the safest route , not the preformance route, but I am glad that it works with latest driver form nvidia.com(the pre-last version it is know to have problems with photoshop)...

EttoreA
02-28-2016, 04:22 PM
Ok. I couldn't resist any longer :) I did it.

ATK package won't update until old version is manually uninstalled in Programs and Features.
The good news is that it fixes the keyboard lights working on logon screen. Nice one!

About Realtek drivers I honestly didn't find any sort of improvement but I do not make massive use of audio applications.

Finally with new NVidia 359.23 drivers I get a much better rendering for 3D modelling application and electronics CAD I use everyday.

So, at the end of the day it looks like a piece of cake :)

JustinThyme
02-28-2016, 05:04 PM
On my laptop I can't live on the edge, I work and make money on it, so 1 day in not working(because,maybe, I wiil need to install/set win+software), to me it is a big problem, so I can't put latest drivers from nvidia/intel/realtek(so on), for now I take the safest route , not the preformance route, but I am glad that it works with latest driver form nvidia.com(the pre-last version it is know to have problems with photoshop)...

That's not the edge, that's the latest proven driver set from NVIDIA. Huge difference. Edge is Beta drivers.
What happens if you change anything even whats on ASUS webpage and its doesnt work? What about flashing BIOS that is always a risk? I run Adobe programs extensively, both CC and Adobe premiere and have had zero conflicts with Nvidia drivers since the first edition of PS I ever bought, 2.5 in 1992. Never had an issue with graphics adapters period as GPU and GPU drivers have nothing to do with the software. They may change color a bit but anyone who does this for a living also knows you NEVER trust colors from any drivers or displays. I use Xrite Colormunki calibration solution that calibrates the display and the printer so what you see on the screen is what comes out of the printer. I just tested it with the Graphics driver completely uninstalled and it came right up, perfect calibration and print.

pigulici
02-28-2016, 05:48 PM
From my past experience(I work 1/2 day at a pc shop), for laptops/mobile, usually the best drivers are from the manufacture of it(asus, lenovo, so on), next are from manufactures parts(nvidia, realtek, so on) and last it is from software who aotumatically install all drivers...for those who have time and hardware to spend with tests, very good, for me anything outside of manufacture's software(asus, lenovo, etc) are edge; try to run photoshop on lenovo y510p with single 755m on win7 sp1 64b, without the vga driver from lenov, will not work(2 years I tried to make it work, before I bought this asus rog)...in real world things don't work allway as on paper...also , in our days("Crashes in Photoshop..") :
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3832/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-361.60

On topic: looks like last drivers from asus website work ok...

JustinThyme
02-28-2016, 06:45 PM
From my past experience in the technology field for 30+ years and professional photography/videography since the inception of the digital age (and even before in darkrooms) I've always used graphics drivers from the graphics manufacturer and found what they post on their website to be far behind. For these laptops specifically the the Graphics and WiFi are always better from their perspective sources, Nvidia and Intel. Ill agree with everything else being integrated into the manufacturers architecture and needing to be ported specifically for the given motherboard and chip set. If you want to stay several steps behind in the graphics drivers that's your prerogative. The driver they have on their page is 100% the exact same driver Nvidia released as a WHQL desktop grahics driver, Nvidia laptop driver program has had 4 WHQL updates since.

If its tagged WHQL its been deemed stable outside of Nvidia by Windows Hardware Quality Labs. Ver 361.60 that you reference is a hotfix driver not a WHQL cerfied version that actually fixed some issue noted by others and again is not part of the WHQL laptop program.

benjmyers1
02-28-2016, 11:02 PM
From my past experience in the technology field for 30+ years and professional photography/videography since the inception of the digital age (and even before in darkrooms) I've always used graphics drivers from the graphics manufacturer and found what they post on their website to be far behind. For these laptops specifically the the Graphics and WiFi are always better from their perspective sources, Nvidia and Intel. Ill agree with everything else being integrated into the manufacturers architecture and needing to be ported specifically for the given motherboard and chip set. If you want to stay several steps behind in the graphics drivers that's your prerogative. The driver they have on their page is 100% the exact same driver Nvidia released as a WHQL desktop grahics driver, Nvidia laptop driver program has had 4 WHQL updates since.

If its tagged WHQL its been deemed stable outside of Nvidia by Windows Hardware Quality Labs. Ver 361.60 that you reference is a hotfix driver not a WHQL cerfied version that actually fixed some issue noted by others and again is not part of the WHQL laptop program.

Yep, this. your a fool to not use the nvidia site (better yet, gforce experience) to get your graphics drivers for these laptops.

JustinThyme
02-29-2016, 02:58 AM
Yep, this. your a fool to not use the nvidia site (better yet, gforce experience) to get your graphics drivers for these laptops.

I actually found I get better performance without G force experience and do not install it. In the least just disabling shadow play makes a pretty substantial difference. I just check the Nvidia site every couple of weeks and download the latest WHQL drivers. Uninstall current drivers with DDU then clean install new drivers. Thats one of the biggest problems with the OEM package is it leaves behind traces of the old drivers and causes problems a good bit of the time.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

ROG_HARDCORE
02-29-2016, 09:00 AM
Yup, i never use G force experience as well.

Devonkev
02-29-2016, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the advice guys coming over from the red side [my last 2 laptops had amd cards] I've found the nivida driver package confusing and full of stuff I'll never use. I found a really useful guide here http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_1.html written in plain English too even I could understand it.:p