PDA

View Full Version : Asus G751Jt left side USB problems

Simao
02-29-2016, 08:02 PM
Hi guys.
I have a Asus G751Jt. Unfortunately, i have some problems with the USB entrance in left side, when i connect a external hard drive or a pen.
This is normal, or its defect in USB port? Its better contact the warranty for fix the problem?
The laptop still have one year of warranty.
Thanks.

Gps3dx
02-29-2016, 09:21 PM
Dear rog community... can someone please help @Simao before I loose my sanity ?
@Simao - sorry, nothing personal.
A. you lake to provide details such as the nature & symptoms of your "usb issue".
B. Two min of searching using forum's search or google, will give you an answer for the common left USB issue that is common in the G751 ROG serie, that was covered and overdiscussed like 1000 times ( small hint - look at my sig ).

Simao
02-29-2016, 09:43 PM
Yes, ive make a search, and founded that is a comum error in many Asus. What i want to know, its if worth send him to the warranty?
Details: i connect my external hard drive to the laptop, and when i try copy files, or using the hd, he disconnects, and turn on again. Always that.

Gps3dx
02-29-2016, 10:25 PM
@Simao, as I said, this issue MIGHT be solved through the drivers I've linked ( see my SIGNATURE ) - it works on some external storage devices, and some not, as there isn't a 100% proof solution.
that is the best "free-spirit-community based solution" that you can find, AFAIK.

About contacting asus and return it to RMA - I wish any user with G751 would contact asus and complain about it, as Asus created a buggy USB left-side interface on the G751 serie ( and on many other old series such as the G750, G55 etc.. ).
Asus should at least offer a software/hardware solution/fix or a compensate such as external USB hub.... I guess in that matter we should hope for an "angle" lawyer that will file a collective sue.... does anyone familiar with such a person ?

Simao
02-29-2016, 10:44 PM
I ask because i dont know what to do now. I will explain. My laptop had many hardware problems in the last year. He was 3 times to warranty, and they changed some things. Im not happy with the product. They told me that i can only change for new product after 3 times in the warranty. The laptop came from the warranty in the last week, and now have this problem. I thought that, with this issue, could be possible complain and ask a new product.

Julskey
03-01-2016, 04:11 AM
Most asus ROG series have some problem with left side USB ports. In my case with my G74SX left side USB ports disconnect when I use a WD Passport usb 3.0 HDD. Or using two external hard drives at both left side USB ports.Try using from righthand side ports if you still continue to to have these problems. If it still does, try your hard drive in another computer or laptop. Maybe the problem is in your HDD (cable/connectors, etc).

Simao
03-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Ok guys, thanks. One more question, considerating my situation, that ive explain, do you consider the "usb issue" a significative error to complaint? Because my laptop was 3 times to warranty, and they told me if i was another problem/error with the laptop, they change the product.

JustinThyme
03-01-2016, 07:48 PM
That's up to you. There is an entire thread posting about it so it's fairly common place. If you can live with having the other two working fine I would leave it be as what you get as a replacement may have the same problem or other problems. I do know that the left side ports are on a small separate card that plugs into the motherboard where those on the right are directly on the motherboard.