PDA

View Full Version : Notebook Asus rog G752 980m - Power usb notebook off

Deiz91
03-14-2016, 03:54 PM
Good evening everyone, I recently purchased a notebook asus rog model g752 t7004t; I noticed that once the pc off the USB ports remain powered, that's only if the AC Adaptor is connected to the notebook. The PC is updated with the latest available versions of bios, windows 10 ecc..This notebook is equipped with a USB port which allows charging of devices even pc off via a preinstalled software which I promptly eliminated, despite this, the problem persists on all ports.
I also tried to disable the USB selective suspend through the windows energy panel but with poor results ..
I felt the support asus who informed me a procedure for signing! could not give me the worst news, will be 10 days that I have this notebook because it is the first that arrived had 3 dead pixels and the ssd with serious problems and then I was replaced with a new product.
I hope there is a fix via software why buy 2300 laptop and after less than two weeks that a repair is carried over is not it in heaven or on earth.
Tell me that there is a solution as well throw it out the window.

Thank you

warryabel
03-14-2016, 04:01 PM
trow it now, the probs become more! lol:cool:

MrRuckus
03-14-2016, 04:39 PM
Just curious, why is this a problem?
Even desktop motherboards are being equipped with this feature more and more because people want to charge phones/tablets while their PC/Laptop is off. I don't see this as a con. Its a feature that's built into the USB ports (or port in this case as only one port on the G752 has this ability). Saves me from needing an AC adapter on a trip for my phone/tablet.

You could always try disabling Legacy USB support, not sure if that would turn off the Charger+ ability but it might. The only other option is to lock the USB ports which will turn them all off via the Bios.

I dont think Asus put the ability to turn Charger+ off in the Bios because its something most people want.

Deiz91
03-14-2016, 05:00 PM
This is not an advantage of 4 USB ports only should remain powered through the USB charge + I have uninstalled the charge + software because I do not care.
Once you turn off your PC every 4 USB ports remain powered external hard drive then on, mouse intense and an attached device, such as Christmas tree.
Something is not working properly, the legacy option usb what is it?

Dreamonic
03-14-2016, 05:03 PM
There is an option in the BIOS (unlocked), "Enable/Disable ASUS USB Charger+ in battery mode".

Deiz91
03-14-2016, 05:07 PM
What do you mean unlocked? I have updated to version 211.

Dreamonic
03-14-2016, 05:10 PM
It means you need to use AFUWIN to dump your current BIOS, use AMIBCP v5 to change and save the permission level for the Charger+ option to view it, then flash your BIOS back with AFUWIN and it'll be accessible upon next boot in the BIOS.

EDIT: Just know the risks involved if your flash fails. If it's absolutely that much of a problem you want resolved, the option above is worth a try.

burn0u7
03-14-2016, 05:14 PM
I agree with MrRuckus. i do not see this as being any sort of problem. Not even in the slightest. This is how the hardware is being designed based on demand these days. the only way to counteract this is to disable the usb port completely in the bios or unplug it from the power adapter. it wouldnt matter if you have the software installed or not when the system is powered down. at that point there's no software involved.

stop bad mouthing asus when you're the idiot and dont understand how things work. It is not a problem with the hardware. You will find most laptops and desktops do this in today's age. This is because the masses want their mobile devices to be charged whether their pc/laptop is powered on or not.

When you buy hardware online you risk the possibility of the hardware being damaged by shipping especially if you live in a 3rd world country. Not the manufactures fault. I've bought 3 high end laptops from Asus, and all of my desktops have Asus motherboards in them. i have no problems with them at all.

Deiz91
03-14-2016, 05:15 PM
Right now I'm at work and I can not try, you can write all the steps with a link to download this afuwin?

Thank you

burn0u7
03-14-2016, 05:25 PM
Here's your link:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=afuwin

Dreamonic
03-14-2016, 05:27 PM
I agree with MrRuckus. i do not see this as being any sort of problem. Not even in the slightest. This is how the hardware is being designed based on demand these days. the only way to counteract this is to disable the usb port completely in the bios or unplug it from the power adapter. it wouldnt matter if you have the software installed or not when the system is powered down. at that point there's no software involved.

stop bad mouthing asus when you're the idiot and dont understand how things work. It is not a problem with the hardware. You will find most laptops and desktops do this in today's age. This is because the masses want their mobile devices to be charged whether their pc/laptop is powered on or not.

When you buy hardware online you risk the possibility of the hardware being damaged by shipping especially if you live in a 3rd world country. Not the manufactures fault. I've bought 3 high end laptops from Asus, and all of my desktops have Asus motherboards in them. i have no problems with them at all.

No need for that part at all... seriously.

It's bad enough that we lose loved ones in this world and then slowly grow into a hatred way of living because of it.

Make someone feel better rather than put them down. It helps.

Deiz91
03-14-2016, 05:29 PM

There should be only one USB port that allows charging of notebook is turned off devices, here are all fueled so you're telling me that every time I pull the plug because this is the current fashion?
I hope we can solve via software.

MrRuckus
03-14-2016, 07:29 PM
Just checked myself, and I can see your argument. All 4 USB ports do in fact stay on when the laptop is turned off. All of them will charge my phone. I had never tried or noticed before. It seems to work as well on battery or when plugged into AC, all 4. So you would drain your battery Im sure pretty quickly if you left peripherals connected on battery.

I know the Charge+ port is intentionally on, however I dont believe the other ports are meant to stay on by design when the laptop is off? I could be mistaken.

**EDIT**
Actually doing a little bit of research, it seems this is a common occurrence in most desktops these days. A lot of manufacturers have this on by default. Just a quick example:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/307679-30-sometimes-ports-shutdown

While this is from a couple of years ago, its the same thing. If they have an option in the Bios hidden for Charger+, Im sure they could implement another for the always on USB state. The question is though, is there a big enough audience for the justification behind making the change. I honestly think Asus added RAID support simply due to other manufacturers (MSI) having it available on their machines in the same market segment. Without MSI having it, I dont think Asus would have added it.
Good luck. I would welcome any added options in the Bios. I dont see why Charger+ is hidden by default.

When you look at ROG hardware in general and how tweakable the mobo's are, I would really like to see these laptops follow suit and allow greater tweakability then they have currently. They seem to be pretty hindered in that department a lot of the time. The K processor option for this laptop is a nice start, but they should put that processor in more then one revision. While some people would like the K processor, others may not have the need for 64GB Ram. IMO anyway.

Deiz91
03-15-2016, 01:41 AM
So there is this hidden option in the bios when it relates charge +?
Someone who owns a g752 experiencing this type of problem?

ROG_HARDCORE
03-15-2016, 12:42 PM
The bios is like Kids Bios, all REAL USEFULL options are off and hidden. But when i use ASUS ROG VIII FORMULA, BIOS was so advance that i need a degree to use it.

Deiz91
03-16-2016, 03:41 AM
There is the possibility of finding the hidden options to cut power to the USB ports? The four USB ports are only fed with the use of the domestic power supply.

Julskey
03-16-2016, 07:52 AM
I also have a G752VT. Just set Charger+ setting to 99, then when powering off your laptop, remove or switch off AC adaptor as well. When battery charge falls below 99, all your usb ports also switch off power.

I think it is also much safer to switch off AC adapter when not using your laptop. Could prevent fire, lessen wear of adapter, and saves electric bill.

MrRuckus
03-16-2016, 05:30 PM
I also have a G752VT. Just set Charger+ setting to 99, then when powering off your laptop, remove or switch off AC adaptor as well. When battery charge falls below 99, all your usb ports also switch off power.

I think it is also much safer to switch off AC adapter when not using your laptop. Could prevent fire, lessen wear of adapter, and saves electric bill.

I cant reproduce this. The only thing it seems charge+ does when on/off is activate/disable the fast charge 2Amp power. It doesn't shut off the USB port completely. Still same standard power on all USB ports when on battery and below 99% on battery.

Pretty sure the only option to remove the always on state of the USB port would be to turn it off in the Bios. Thats not ideal as you would need to turn them on and off, but thats really the only option. USB is just like PS/2 and has always had a standby state. It seems on some desktop machines this can be disabled, but Im not sure if it can be disabled on a laptop. At least not with the very basic options we have in the Bios on the G752.

Julskey
03-16-2016, 07:23 PM
Have you checked if it was really in shutdown state? It does not work in sleep mode. Haven't tried with hybrid shutdown nor with hibernate. Check to see if it's cutting power with shutdown with AC plug removed.

Deiz91
03-16-2016, 08:51 PM
I checked it. In stand-by or hibernate the same thing happens. I can every time disconnect the power plug, I understand the energy saving factor but risk to damage the food and the socket on the notebook is not practical.

Julskey
03-17-2016, 12:37 AM
I checked it. In stand-by or hibernate the same thing happens. I can every time disconnect the power plug, I understand the energy saving factor but risk to damage the food and the socket on the notebook is not practical.

Does your laptop happen to be a G752VY updated to BIOS 211? I just read in another thread,

Quote Originally Posted by ROG_HARDCORE View Post

Welcome to G752VY family, we all have the same issues. But why Bios 206 can work well? (with some bug of course )

This is what i get when contact using email, call, facebook, ... all short of possible way.

one of the responds :

"
We just recently released Bios version 211 with your points in mind. ACHI mode should be able to be enabled now. Fastboot has a problem when in OC mode and we currently don't allow to turn off the USB charger. Perhaps in a newer version of BIOS, some of these can be fixed. Thank you for brining this up!

ROG Global Team"

that it. we need to wait.

Deiz91
03-18-2016, 04:42 AM
The assistance asus told me to send it to a technical verification because it is a failure. At this point what do I send or expect that the problem will be fix?
This handset also has a keypad light not very homogeneous could be an opportunity to get it fix even if he has 2 weeks of age.

MrRuckus
03-18-2016, 07:21 PM
The assistance asus told me to send it to a technical verification because it is a failure. At this point what do I send or expect that the problem will be fix?
This handset also has a keypad light not very homogeneous could be an opportunity to get it fix even if he has 2 weeks of age.

Im not sure I understand you completely. Are you saying Asus told you its a defect and needs to be sent in for repair? I don't believe that's the case because it happens on all G752's. At least those that have replied in this thread. It seems to be normal operation since it happens to all of us (USB powered, even with machine powered off and on battery or AC). I also shut down my laptop, it was not on standby or sleep, but turned off completely, and USB still was on.

That is normal operation though, because USB is like PS/2. It has a standby state so it can turn on the machine via say a keyboard key or something else. I believe this is working as designed. While some desktop motherboards allow for this to be disabled via a Bios option, we do not have one with the current revisions available.

I would mention it to Asus that you would like it to be considered as an option in a later Bios revision, but currently sending in your laptop I dont think would get you a resolution.

As for the keyboard. The lights are meant to illuminate the keys so they can be seen in the dark. If you look under the keys, the lights were not placed in the exact same spot under every key, so some light up more then others depending on the angle you are looking at it. If you change your angle, difference keys will then get brighter from the side or underneath the keys. But this isn't what the light is meant for. Its only meant to light up the alphanumerical letter on the TOP of the key, that's its purpose. If you look down on the laptop from directly above the keys and the light is not evenly illuminating each key, then I would say there's a problem. but a side view while kewl to look at as you can see some of the LEDs under the keys, that look is not meant to be 100% the same across the board, its going to be different at every angle. The one you should be worried about is looking directly down on the keys and if they dont illuminate keys in a dark enviroment evenly. If not, then I would say there's a problem.