PDA

View Full Version : Asus G771J Shift key not capitalizing the letters w r u i z b n

SlippinJimmy
03-15-2016, 09:34 AM
hey fellas, had a quck search for an older thread without success

excuse me if my grammar is not up to par. buts thats why i'm here

bought a new asus laptop 2 months ago, just started playing games on steam. Just last night i seemed to notice holding down shift
and trying to capitalise the letter i. it would not work without pressing caps lock. every other key besides w r u i z b n would Capitalise
as per normal

shift -> enter also does not make a new sentence any more either

i did however manage to capitalise I U R W etc etc by using this method: Hold down SHIFT, hold down the letter, ie: b, whilst holding down both keys, release shift and then the letter would capitalise.
Everyother letter works as per normal: hold shift -> tap the kefor whichever letter.
Also every number turns into the right symbol

And i have got sticky keys turned off.

Plugging in another usb keyboard (logitech k120) works flawlessly on that keyboard, but the keys on the laptop are no go.

Anyone experiance this? Have i hit a random number of key shortcuts and enabled some sort of disability mode? or has my hardware taken a dive?

JustinThyme
03-15-2016, 08:35 PM
Try downloading the latest ATK package then uninstall what you have and install the latest one you downloaded. Nearly everything keyboard related is associated with the ATK package.

SlippinJimmy
03-15-2016, 09:57 PM
Uninstalled atk. Downloaded the latest atk. Still the same result

JustinThyme
03-15-2016, 11:06 PM
What happens if you use caps lock button or on screen keyboard?
Is there any chance you have something stuck in one of your keys keeping it making contact?

SlippinJimmy
03-15-2016, 11:38 PM
Caps works fine.

Ill have to pull the keys up and see if they need a clean out. Its just strange that shift works on all other keys
But the combo of number of letters and enter dusnt register.