PDA

View Full Version : G53sx SSD, check speed

magnuzen
12-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi, I just got a SSD (120GB) from kingston (hyperX, 6gb/s). how can I check if my speed is correct? scored 7.8 on windows experience index

MPerni
12-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi, I just got a SSD (120GB) from kingston (hyperX, 6gb/s). how can I check if my speed is correct? scored 7.8 on windows experience index

Hi, you got programs like CrystalDiskMark or AS SSD Benchmark, wich gives you write/speed results and you can compare with other ones (browsing and searching results on internet) who have the same SSD. Or you can make the test and someone from here would tell you if its ok (i canīt cause i donīt know wich numbers are the right ones hehe).

fostert
12-26-2011, 03:33 PM
From my understanding the SATAIII spec of 6Gbps is never fully realized in sustained reads/writes of any drive today, even an SSD. 6Gbps is ~750 MB/s, and is the max theoretical bandwidth of the SATA III standard. Upper end SSDs are rated for ~500 MB/s speeds and do not saturate the bandwidth of the SATA III connection.
Just so you know not to be looking for the full 6Gbps!

PILGRIM
12-26-2011, 04:06 PM

Hi, there.

Just for comparison, I have the Crucial M4 128 GB on mine, and the WEI is 7.9.
I'm not sure if the 0.1 difference between our SSDs really matter that much in their performance.
I remember reading in another forum site that the WEI is not a direct indicator of a hardware's real-life performance.