PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G750JZ - GPU Tweak? / Display driver kernel stopped responding...

Injustice
03-28-2016, 01:18 PM
Hey everyone,

Do any of you know where I can find the download for the ROG Optimus-enabled GPU Tweak? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Long story short, I've been having trouble with my laptop. I recently had a major service done to it (wasn't charging), and just got the machine back. Been trying to troubleshoot the dreaded "Display driver kernel stopped responding," with no luck. If I'm not mistaken, this machine had the issue out of the box, before, but I managed to fix it. I just can't remember how. I vaguely recall having reinstalled/updated my Realtek HD Audio drivers to fix it, so I'm trying that this time around. Decided to uninstall GPU tweak as well, but didn't realize I wouldn't be able to get the installer.

If anyone has any advice on a fix, or a link for the G750's version of GPU tweak, I'd greatly appreciate it.

redduc900
03-28-2016, 05:09 PM
Assuming you don't have the ASUS Installation Wizard shortcut in the Taskbar, check for a eSupport/eDriver folder in the root directory. There should be an executable located in that folder called AsInsWiz.exe, either of which can be used to reinstall the original version (v1.0.6) of GPU Tweak.

Injustice
03-28-2016, 05:13 PM
You are amazing. I can't believe I'd forgotten they hid that there. Things that happen when you're computer-less for about six months, I guess. Thanks!

Symho
03-29-2016, 11:02 AM
When new update? Or GPU Tweak 2? Any news about it?