PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Mode???

rexxumus
12-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Well, it's not a big deal, but there's smething funny going on with my 73Jh A1 and the so called "Turbo Mode". When I hit the turbo botton, the turbo mode spash effect pops up in the middle of the screen indicating that turbo mode is active, but the machine actually does WORSE in ALL benchmarks! Even the Windows 7 performance rating drops! When I turn turbo mode off again, performance levels return to normal. The CPU clock gadget on the desktop shows no clock speed changes either way. I tried downloading the "Intel Turbo Mode" Utility on ASUS's G73JH driver page for a reinstall of the application, but the software won't install, and give a message "This machine does not meet minimum requirements for installation of this software" before quitting the install.
Any suggestions?

Chastity@ASUS
12-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Twin Turbo mode does not function well on newest Intel chips because of the way they work with overclocking. When you overclock, which is what Twin Turbo does, the multiplier on the i7 you have drops from 13x to 12x. The Bus isn't pumped up enough by TT to even match the speed it was at with stock, therefore lower performance.

So it's not worth using Twin Turbo. Just disable it and let Intel do the it's own Turbo Management. It will perform better.

MarkS
12-02-2010, 06:03 PM
@rexxumus:

Also, don't fret over the Intel Turbo Mode driver/utility...that's only to support the Intel turbo monitoring gadget and has no positive effect on CPU performance.

alfaroce
02-06-2011, 08:06 AM
So should i uninstall it powr4gear software and then set it to normal on the bios? and i will get better results?

MarkS
02-09-2011, 10:07 AM
So should i uninstall it powr4gear software and then set it to normal on the bios? and i will get better results?

If you want to, or leave p4g installed and set it to normal with the turbo button - both settings do the same thing.

kimiraikkonen
04-03-2018, 02:01 PM
My G53JW has no option to disable Twin Turbo either in Power4Gear interface and not also in Bios. But surprisingly, it must be enabled as my BCLK is 142 mhz, not 133 mhz. I use P4G High Performance profile.

There is also Intel's own Turbo Boost feature which makes thinhs more confusing. Is there a brief clarification on this confiusion?

Thanks!