PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking G751jy no effect despite being advertised on box.

ScarCrow
04-08-2016, 12:54 AM
So my box advertises that this Laptop is overclockable but any change I make has no effect. what gives? how do I fix this? Using Asus GPU tweak tool.

JustinThyme
04-08-2016, 02:56 AM
Mine overclocks just fine and I get a measurable increase in performance. Are you sure you are using the tool correctly?
Download and install Techpowerup GPUZ and make sure you can see the clocks change. You should be able to move the sliders where you want and click apply and you have new settings.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2628/techpowerup-gpu-z-v0-8-7-w-asus-rog-skin/

ScarCrow
04-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Ya I think the tool doesn't work for me for some reason. what Nvidia driver version are you using? I can use afterburner and it works but I can only go +135 core clock max it won't let me do more than that or adjust power options even though I'm only reaching 67 degrees at full load(3 degrees over no overclock.) Also no fan speed control even though the fans don't run full speed

Exostenza
04-08-2016, 03:06 PM
nvidiainspector has been the best tool for me when it comes to overclocking this G751JY. Best part is that you can create a startup clock task and you don't have to run any extra programs. Give it a try.