PDA

View Full Version : vertical line on black color asus g74sx-a1

max785
12-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Hello , I've just got my new asus g74sx-a1 and there is vertical line on black color on the screen ... I don't know if you understand what I mean by that . Thanks !

dstrakele
12-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Are you describing a light-colored vertical line that appears more prominent when a dark color is displayed in that area of the screen? If so, it sounds like a row of bright pixels on the laptop display.

Does it also appear on an external monitor or LCD TV?

If you have the option of returning your laptop to the retailer in exchange for a new unit, I'd take it...

max785
12-26-2011, 11:49 PM
yes , but only on very dark black . I didn't tryed on an external monitor ... Also when I start my pc it doesn't do that . Only when my desktop is COMPLETLY loaded.

dstrakele
12-26-2011, 11:57 PM
That sounds more like a software issue than the hardware issue I described. Did you discover this issue right out of the box or did it occur after you installed software (or UNinstalled ASUS software) or updated drivers or applied Windows Updates to your laptop? If the latter, I would attempt to use Windows System Restore to restore your system to a time before the issue appeared.

max785
12-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Personnaly I don't know the first time it happened . I realise it when I came closer to my screen on my black desktop .

max785
12-27-2011, 12:03 AM
About 15 second after logged on the desktop you can see them appeard .

dstrakele
12-27-2011, 12:16 AM
I would attempt to restore the system to the earliest restore point on Windows System Restore. If that failed to resolve the issue, I'd return to the retailer and see if they can exchange your laptop for a new unit.