PDA

View Full Version : G73JH-BST7 WoW pause/sound loop .

montgomery9189
12-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Hello all, since i've reset my laptop and haven't update anything except sound drivers i've been having mini freezes with the sound looping happening every 10-20 minutes or so. It will just happen out of the blue with the screen stuck and sound loops last frame for 1-2 seconds and comes back like normal. I updated sound drivers thinking they might need update, i have not updated ccc because every time i attempt to update to 11.12 i get a bsod so i reset my laptop. Basically i'm treating my laptop like it's brand new except sound drivers. It doesn't do this freeze on any game but wow as of right now but i'm sure it has but does it in wow alot more than any other game. Oh it does it in skyrim as well now that i think about it. I've uninstalled Creative everything and power 4 gear. Any help is most appreciated. I know there are more than likely some bios updates and graphics updates i need to go through, i just need some references on this. Feel free to reply to thread or email at montgomery9189@yahoo.com, thanks!

dstrakele
12-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Do you have a Seagate Momentus XT HDD? If so, check out this post: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2108-Strange-lag-freeze-on-the-G53JW.&p=51714&viewfull=1#post51714

montgomery9189
12-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Do you have a Seagate Momentus XT HDD? If so, check out this post: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2108-Strange-lag-freeze-on-the-G53JW.&p=51714&viewfull=1#post51714

No I don't but I know my laptop was refurbished. I have a western digital

dstrakele
12-27-2011, 01:36 AM
The resolution in that post was specifically for the Seagate Momentus HDD, so I'm afraid it won't help you.

Try running DPC Latency Checker. You'll find a download link on the "Drivers, Apps, and How-to's thread. Follow the troubleshooting instructions on the web page to determine which drivers are causing DPC Latency. If you have an Atheros Wireless Network Adapter, its driver is a good place to start.

Turning off Vertical Sync and Antialiasing has also helped some users resolve lag issues.

You might also try ThrottleStop. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2329-ATTENTION-G73-53SW-Owners-CPU-Throttling-to-798mhz-and-how-to-fix-it

montgomery9189
12-27-2011, 02:28 AM
Hey i tried DPC Latency Checker, am i supposed to run it and the game causing problems at the same time? Cause my system locked up completely when i did. Also i always run vsync off on all my games with max fps enabled when the option is available. As far as AA i keep it pretty low unless the game looks terribly jagged. I will download throttlestop but do not know how to configure it for my asus g73jh-bst7 is there a good guide for it? Thanks for your swift reply's:)

montgomery9189
12-27-2011, 02:46 AM
The resolution in that post was specifically for the Seagate Momentus HDD, so I'm afraid it won't help you.

Try running DPC Latency Checker. You'll find a download link on the "Drivers, Apps, and How-to's thread. Follow the troubleshooting instructions on the web page to determine which drivers are causing DPC Latency. If you have an Atheros Wireless Network Adapter, its driver is a good place to start.

Turning off Vertical Sync and Antialiasing has also helped some users resolve lag issues.

You might also try ThrottleStop. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2329-ATTENTION-G73-53SW-Owners-CPU-Throttling-to-798mhz-and-how-to-fix-it

So hey, it appears that my Atheros network adapter needed an update, went into device manager and disabled it to see any differences in dpc latency check and just wondered if it was outdated, sure enough i hit "update driver" and it said Sucessfully updated driver, so yeah it didn't say to restart my computer but i'll probably do so anyway, thanks! i'll be checking to see if it worked or not, downloaded throttlestop as well and i'm gonna test with with it running, ty so much!

dstrakele
12-27-2011, 02:48 AM
Hey i tried DPC Latency Checker, am i supposed to run it and the game causing problems at the same time? Cause my system locked up completely when i did.

What does DPC Latency Checker show when you run it at idle?

Make sure your Atheros driver version is 9.2.1.432 or later. If it isn't, there is a link to the most recent version in the OP of the "Drivers, Apps, and How-to's" thread.

montgomery9189
12-27-2011, 03:04 AM
What does DPC Latency Checker show when you run it at idle?

Make sure your Atheros driver version is 9.2.1.432 or later. If it isn't, there is a link to the most recent version in the OP of the "Drivers, Apps, and How-to's" thread.

My speed at idle was anywhere from 140-180, nothing in the 1000's range, which is good, all bars were green, never yellow or red. Now when i start WoW thought and login, when i click Log In, it's locking up my system, and i'm not running any of those programs with it. What gives?

dstrakele
12-27-2011, 03:13 AM
DPC Latency looks good.

Here are some Google hits to help troubleshoot your lockup on WoW login: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&cp=33&gs_id=49&xhr=t&q=World+of+Warcraft+lockup+on+login&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=World+of+Warcraft+lockup+on+login&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=be5731cd908d1256&biw=823&bih=703