PDA

View Full Version : Problems with windows 10 on my ROG g751jy

Auldrant
04-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Hello Community

I will make the long story short...

My laptop updated to win 10 and i had huge lag problems in Final Fantasy XIV, so i went back to 8.1 with the option available and dunno what happened there, but i had issues with the nvidia drivers so i had to do a clean install...
Sadly i messed it in the process and i ended doing a windows 10 clean install (Though that doing a clean install will fix all my problems)

Well now i don't have lag issues or slow internet connection (i deactivated all the privacy setting that send info to windows and the upgrade features that could slow down my conection)...
But now i have stuttering with Final Fantasy XIV... i tried a lot of things to fix it.... updated the drivers, updated the bios that's in the support page of ASUS, changed the video card settings... etc etc...

I was not able to find a solution to this problem...
Anyone here that could enlight me or suggest me something else to try

(Sadly i can't go back to windows 8.1 with the ASUS Backtracker because i did a clean install of windows 10)

Thanks in advance for any useful info and for reading my post

P.S. English is not my main language... so im sorry if i made myself hard to understand

Black Phoenix
04-12-2016, 05:02 PM
One question, you are connected by Wireless or Cable?

Auldrant
04-12-2016, 05:42 PM
One question, you are connected by Wireless or Cable?

Im connected by wireless, but ive tried using cable and i have the same issues

Black Phoenix
04-12-2016, 06:30 PM
Image shuttering (GPU related) or Lag induced shuttering?

You could try to remove the nVidia Drivers completely with this app (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html), and download the last available from Asus website (even being older that the newer one from nVidia website).

Then report if things improved.

Auldrant
04-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Image shuttering (GPU related) or Lag induced shuttering?

You could try to remove the nVidia Drivers completely with this app (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html), and download the last available from Asus website (even being older that the newer one from nVidia website).

Then report if things improved.

I tried your method, but nothing changed really.
Thanks for the advice anyways i will keep looking for new ways to fix it

Black Phoenix
04-12-2016, 09:40 PM
Well if it's the same, then it's then Network Related. Since it manifests via WIFI and Ethernet, well restarting your Router and firmware upgrading in case it have a new one is something you could try.

But if didn't happen before with Windows 8.1, it's something that only with a little more diagnose could be found.

Auldrant
04-12-2016, 09:49 PM
This might something like a sidenote....
But im also experiencing mouse stuttering....
The ROG gaming mouse that came with the laptop stutters too, but if i use the touchpad there is no stutter at all

Black Phoenix
04-12-2016, 09:56 PM
Did you remove the Drivers, restarted and reinstalled the new ones? Or removed and reinstalled without restart?

Did your Notebook is running on the Intel GPU or the nVidia one (did it support the Optimus technology from nVidia?)

Since the touchpad is also USB (but internal) it should also shutter (if it was doing it it could be USB related) but this way is difficult to really point out.

Auldrant
04-12-2016, 11:05 PM
I will try to explain everything with the max amount of details...

I downloaded the program that you told me and unistalled the driver, i restarted and proceed to install the Nvidia driver from here https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/719/0/3/LYuLg2456gbkV5dw/45/
I restarted my laptop then and run the game... still the same problems...
I proceed to update the driver and still the same problem (I messed with the settings too... turned off the V-Sync and check if any of those options could improve the performance and nothing)

I dunno how to check the Optimus technology, but i think it does or at least it did way back when i had win 8.1

Black Phoenix
04-12-2016, 11:19 PM
Well I can't see what problem it could be. I'm sorry for not being a great help.

Let's wait for who could give more info or had the same problem.

Since you hadn't LAG on Windows 8.1, well you could try to install the same version, and try it as trial to see if the problem goes away. If Yes, then It could be the Game that's not optimized for Windows 10.

You could also try to run the game in compatibility mode to Windows 8 or Windows 7 and see if the problem goes away...

But I doubt since you still have the mouse problems but not the touchpad ones!!!

Auldrant
04-12-2016, 11:23 PM
I would really like to go back to 8.1, but the Asus backtracker can't be used in windows 10 to go back to 8.1...
And since i did a clean install i guess that there is no easy way for me to go back to 8.1 and don't have problems since i would need to get a ISO of windows 8.1 and get the codes for it

Black Phoenix
04-12-2016, 11:32 PM
Well I can say anything, but there are other ways of Using Windows 8.1... But as Forum Rules, can't be mentioned!

But since your PC had come with Windows 8, the key is on the BIOS file, if you use a UEFI installation it should bring the key and install the correct version. (I don't know if Windows 10 installation updates the key in the BIOS or if he updates the key in the server side only).

Auldrant
04-12-2016, 11:37 PM
Even if i updated to BIOS???

Black Phoenix
04-12-2016, 11:39 PM
Even if you update it, my GL551JW still have it, if I insert a Windows 10 USB with both Windows Home and Pro, he automatically choose the Home, because mine had the Windows 8.1 Home.

I had to change a file in the USB to make appear the window for choose the version I want to install. Same with the Windows 8.1 version. And I have the last BIOS available, released this year.

Auldrant
04-13-2016, 03:50 AM
I want to give Windows 10 a last chance...
I did again a clean install (I messed with too much fixes settings and third party fixes that i thought it would be better to do things from zero) and i haven't installed any driver yet. (I just downloaded all the installer from the ASUS support)
And i have a doubt.... i must confess that i did not installed all the drivers available in my previous attempts (LAN-WIFI-BLUETOOTH) because i didn't knew if all of them must be installed or if i had to choose 1 of them ... (Im really not used to do clean installs due to i always used to choose the recovery partition options in my older laptops)

Black Phoenix
04-13-2016, 11:13 AM
Well you should install the most recent ones from each and different category from the Asus Support Site. I thought that you had installed all the drivers, that's why I told you to change from Wifi to Ethernet.

Please read this excellent post from the user Gps3dx:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way-%28UEFI-based-installation%29&p=538713#post538713

What you should install:

- Intel INF Update Driver
- ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities
- Realtek Audio Driver
- nVidia Graphics Driver
- Realtek LAN Driver
- Genesys Multi-Card Reader Driver
- Asus Smart Gesture
- ROG Game First III
- ASUS Gaming Center
- ASUS USB Charger Plus
- ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology
- ASUS ROG MacroKey
- Intel WiFi Wireless LAN Driver or Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Lan Driver and Application or Broadcom Wireless Lan Driver and Application (Depends of the Wireless card installed, probably Intel)
- ASUS Wireless Radio Control
- Intel BlueTooth driver or Qualcomm Atheros BlueTooth driver or Broadcom BlueTooth driver (Depends of the Wireless card installed, probably Intel)
- Intel® Collaborative Processor Performance Control Driver
- ThunderBolt
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver
- Intel Management Engine Interface

Auldrant
04-13-2016, 05:13 PM
I already installed some of the drivers, but i couldn't finish to install all of them since i had to leave home for work, but i will finish all the remaining drivers when i get home.
After that i will let you know if my problems are solved...
If it doesn't work i will try again the first tips that you told me.

Black Phoenix
04-13-2016, 05:31 PM
No problem at all. Waiting for your reply then later on!

Auldrant
04-13-2016, 10:09 PM
Back at home... i installed the remaining drivers, even the graphic card (which i had a little problem, but already fixed it)

Sadly i installed FFXIV and no work im still getting stuttering...
Even so i noticed that i have mouse stuttering (while im using windows) when im using the ROG Mouse that came with the laptop.

Sigh.... nothing is working im getting discouraged

BloodyEGO
04-14-2016, 06:44 AM
Back at home... i installed the remaining drivers, even the graphic card (which i had a little problem, but already fixed it)

Sadly i installed FFXIV and no work im still getting stuttering...
Even so i noticed that i have mouse stuttering (while im using windows) when im using the ROG Mouse that came with the laptop.

Sigh.... nothing is working im getting discouraged

dont be, my friend. check one more thing: see wetheer you have the latest nvidia driver . if so, you might wanna erase that entirely.
my problems are in CSGO, after i updated with the latest, whenever CSGO would choke (3-14% max noticed) my PC would just freeze, the sound would go onwards, my ping would stay as average (40-60ms, this is what i got all the time) but i coulnt move at all and couldnt do **** for about 10 seconds.
i asked the others and they said that i was just standinf AFK.
after checking a couple of things like temps, throttle and so on, i run into a post where somebody had the same issues and they just went to 362.00 or 361.91 if i am not mistaking.
so did i, deleted the driver and installed 362.00, and now it also chokes but it s playable, it s like dropping a few FPS although it doesnt and then it s ok.in my case might be my ISP, but you should also try this.
the latest drivers caused a ****ton of issues for many peorple.

good luck!

Gps3dx
04-14-2016, 01:25 PM
Well you should install the most recent ones from each and different category from the Asus Support Site. I thought that you had installed all the drivers, that's why I told you to change from Wifi to Ethernet.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way-%28UEFI-based-installation%29&p=538713#post538713

What you should install:

- Intel INF Update Driver
- ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities
- Realtek Audio Driver
- nVidia Graphics Driver
- Realtek LAN Driver
- Genesys Multi-Card Reader Driver
- Asus Smart Gesture
- ROG Game First III
- ASUS Gaming Center
- ASUS USB Charger Plus
- ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology
- ASUS ROG MacroKey
- Intel WiFi Wireless LAN Driver or Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Lan Driver and Application or Broadcom Wireless Lan Driver and Application (Depends of the Wireless card installed, probably Intel)
- ASUS Wireless Radio Control
- Intel BlueTooth driver or Qualcomm Atheros BlueTooth driver or Broadcom BlueTooth driver (Depends of the Wireless card installed, probably Intel)
- Intel® Collaborative Processor Performance Control Driver
- ThunderBolt
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver
- Intel Management Engine Interface
The list is partially correct in my opinion.
You should follow it, but take in mind the following changes:
- Intel WiFi Wireless LAN Driver - NO NEED, use windows default !
- Intel BlueTooth driver - NO NEED, use windows default !
- Realtek LAN Driver - NO NEED, use windows default !
- ASUS Gaming Center - NO NEED, this is bloatware in my opinion
- ROG Game First III - DO NOT INSTALL IT !!! IT CAUSES LAG/STATURES !!! read more HERE (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83039-ROG-Gamefirst-III-Network-monitor-problem), HERE (http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/17084779795)and in many other posts in our sub-forum.
- ASUS USB Charger Plus NO NEED, unless you intend to regulate the charging of external USB devices while the laptop is off its power adapter.
- nVidia Graphics Driver - DO NOT install it from Asus download site ! get it from NVIDIA - BUT NOTE MY WARNING BELOW !

* About WIFI high ping, Please see the following thread, (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61182-Intel-s-Wireless-Adapter-7260-Troubleshooting-Ping-Issues) which debate this familiar and known issue in our community ( and a possible solution ).
** about returning to previous win version after upgrade to win10 - it depends how you've upgrade ( see my warning in my upgrade guide (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way-(UEFI-based-installation)&p=538711&viewfull=1#post538711) ).
From my usage on win8 Vs win10 on my G751JT, games runs faster on win10 - but that is my personal opinion.

... (did it support the Optimus technology from nVidia?)
The G751JY does NOT support Optimus, as ONLY the NVIDIA GPU is operational on that laptop ( as well as on the G751JT ) and is the only one that is connected directly to the screen ( thus internal Intel's HD GPU does NOT work at all ).

...Even so i noticed that i have mouse stuttering (while im using windows) when im using the ROG Mouse that came with the laptop.
On the official asus download page for the G751JY you have ROG mouse DRIVERS... try to use them instead of the default that windows gives you.
( dunno if it actually help to solve stuttering, but it might give you additional options to that mouse ).

... my PC would just freeze, the sound would go onwards, my ping would stay as average (40-60ms, this is what i got all the time) but i coulnt move at all and couldnt do **** for about 10 seconds.
after checking a couple of things like temps, throttle and so on, i run into a post where somebody had the same issues and they just went to 362.00 or 361.91 if i am not mistaking.
so did i, deleted the driver and installed 362.00, and now it also chokes but it s playabl...
The latest NVIDIA drivers 364 (inc) onward are somewhat trouble-some to windows 10 users.
Please read more HERE ABOUT IT (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?84437-G751JY-with-Nvidia-980m-Issue-with-latest-drivers-(364-72)).
Thus, uninstall it, use DDU to completely wipe any remaining files (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html), reboot, download any official nvidia driver ( NOT FROM ASUS ) prior to 364 ( NOT 364 ! ), install it as "clean install" ( its a checkbox you can pick during installation ), and install ONLY the GPU, PhysX, HDMI audio drivers ( DO NOT install "geforce-experience" nor "3D vision" driver if you don't have 3D supported laptop ).
Reboot.
check your game.

JustinThyme
04-14-2016, 02:08 PM
The list is partially correct in my opinion.
You should follow it, but take in mind the following changes:
- Intel WiFi Wireless LAN Driver - NO NEED, use windows default !
- Intel BlueTooth driver - NO NEED, use windows default !
- Realtek LAN Driver - NO NEED, use windows default !
- ASUS Gaming Center - NO NEED, this is bloatware in my opinion
- ROG Game First III - DO NOT INSTALL IT !!! IT CAUSES LAG/STATURES !!! read more HERE (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83039-ROG-Gamefirst-III-Network-monitor-problem), HERE (http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/17084779795)and in many other posts in our sub-forum.
- ASUS USB Charger Plus NO NEED, unless you intend to regulate the charging of external USB devices while the laptop is off its power adapter.
- nVidia Graphics Driver - DO NOT install it from Asus download site ! get it from NVIDIA - BUT NOTE MY WARNING BELOW !

* About WIFI high ping, Please see the following thread, (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61182-Intel-s-Wireless-Adapter-7260-Troubleshooting-Ping-Issues) which debate this familiar and known issue in our community ( and a possible solution ).
** about returning to previous win version after upgrade to win10 - it depends how you've upgrade ( see my warning in my upgrade guide (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way-(UEFI-based-installation)&p=538711&viewfull=1#post538711) ).
From my usage on win8 Vs win10 on my G751JT, games runs faster on win10 - but that is my personal opinion.

The G751JY does NOT support Optimus, as ONLY the NVIDIA GPU is operational on that laptop ( as well as on the G751JT ) and is the only one that is connected directly to the screen ( thus internal Intel's HD GPU does NOT work at all ).

On the official asus download page for the G751JY you have ROG mouse DRIVERS... try to use them instead of the default that windows gives you.
( dunno if it actually help to solve stuttering, but it might give you additional options to that mouse ).

The latest NVIDIA drivers 364 (inc) onward are somewhat trouble-some to windows 10 users.
Please read more HERE ABOUT IT (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?84437-G751JY-with-Nvidia-980m-Issue-with-latest-drivers-(364-72)).
Thus, uninstall it, use DDU to completely wipe any remaining files (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html), reboot, download any official nvidia driver ( NOT FROM ASUS ) prior to 364 ( NOT 364 ! ), install it as "clean install" ( its a checkbox you can pick during installation ), and install ONLY the GPU, PhysX, HDMI audio drivers ( DO NOT install "geforce-experience" nor "3D vision" driver if you don't have 3D supported laptop ).
Reboot.
check your game.

This list is partially correct in my opinion.
I highly disagree with the Intel proset software/drivers. Ive found 3 machines (two AC7260 and one AC 7265) work with greater throughput and transfer speeds with a lower ping and less latency than the native windows drivers do, same goes for BT.
Gaming center is up to you, if you dont use it you can not install it. It wont effect performance either way.
Game First III should be wiped from the face of the earth as should Nvidia Gforce experience!

I haven't had any issues with the latest drivers as other have not. This seems to be spotty. To the contrary I've actually benched the best default setting 3Dmarks firestrike to date with default settings and no OC on the latest 364.72 driver set.

Auldrant
04-14-2016, 05:36 PM
Thanks guys for the tips and info!!!
Right now im at work so i will try them when i get back at home.

I will report when i try them.

JustinThyme
04-14-2016, 05:50 PM
There is enough collective knowledge here to cure most PC ills.

NeoBeum
04-14-2016, 08:37 PM

What you should install:

- ROG Game First III

Take this off

Also, there will be a hidden Intel update that windows will try to pull on you.
Make sure you get the WUShowHide.cab from microsoft and hide it.
It will try and change the voltages for the low power settings and screw everything up. Some laptops might be ok, some laptops might not be.

Auldrant
04-14-2016, 10:26 PM
I tried a lot of drivers for the Graphic Card.... to be honest there was not a noticeable difference between them.
When i try the game i move my character and like 10 seconds im having stuttering issues

I even deactivated the Realtek audio card to see if it was something related to the NVidia and Realtek sound drivers, but nothing (i could say it was even worse)

I fear i need to get back to windows 8.1...

Any other ideas guys??

Gps3dx
04-15-2016, 12:51 PM
...- ROG Game First III....Take this off
Make sure you get the WUShowHide.cab from microsoft and hide it....
@Auldrant - have you wiped ROG Game First III?
@NeoBeum - If you don't like the forced windows updates on win10 home ed - I can advise to use the following:
1. Use community built "Windows Update MiniTool" from HERE (http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=5&topic=48142#2).
that's a famous "MydigitalLife.info" app (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/64939-Windows-Update-MiniTool) ( closed forum, only register can read ) - which is, IMHO, the BEST forum out there for MS stuff ( windows/office etc.. ).
Why bother ?

with that app one can MANUALLY CONTROL WINDOWS UPDATES ON WIN10 HOME ED !
One can put an update in the "hidden" list, so windows update won't install it at all !

Although originally it's in russian, the app can be downloaded from the ink found in the big title, and the English translation file can be found beneath, which must sits in the same folder as the exe.
then give admin privileges to the exe and pick in the lower left side "automatics updates" -> Disabled.

I tried a lot of drivers for the Graphic Card.... to be honest there was not a noticeable difference between them.
When i try the game i move my character and like 10 seconds im having stuttering issues

I even deactivated the Realtek audio card to see if it was something related to the NVidia and Realtek sound drivers, but nothing (i could say it was even worse)

I fear i need to get back to windows 8.1...

Any other ideas guys??
Yes.
A. if you've upgrade your product key to win10 - you CAN NOT use it anymore on windows 8 - you need to get a new one.
B. It is known ( search for benchmarks ) that games performances on win10 is generally better then win8 ( on same HW ).
C. have you tried to see if other OFFLINE games running fine ?
may be it is the network connection fault ( ping LAG ) and not your graphics.
Have you performed the changes in the thread I linked about it ? (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61182-Intel-s-Wireless-Adapter-7260-Troubleshooting-Ping-Issues)
D. Try to run some MS win10 bloat-ware removers & anti-win10-keyloggers scripts like THAT ONE (http://dws.wzor.net/)
( choose under settings tab "delete metro apps" and put a "V" near the apps you DO NOT want to have | choose "professional mode" to change any other settings in the settings tab ) -> then return to MAINtab and push the button - MAKE SURE to enable SYSTEM RESTORE for drive C BEFOREHAND !!!! )

Auldrant
04-15-2016, 03:35 PM
I did not wipe the ROG Game First III
I did not understand the wushowhide advice... now i googled it and got it.

Since i did the upgrade to win10 and then did a "clean install" of it then i can't go back to win 8.1 then...
like i said in the start i messed it from switching from 10 to 8.1 and then back to 10 due the issues that i had with upgrade and did a recovery in windows 10 hoping to get back to 8.1 and ended with 10 "clean installed" (but in my defense i can say that when i used the recovery function it said windows 8... even so if i press the F9 at start to go to recovery function it still says windows 8 considering im trapped with 10 now)

I didn't notice the ping LAG changes... So i will try them when i get home later with the fix pointed at "D"

As a side note i still can't fix the left USB problems with the ROG mouse (it works perfectly in the right side usb, but it doesn't feel comfy to use it at that side plugged... i remember that when i bought the laptop i had the same problems, but dunno how i fixed it)
AS a second side note... there is big difference if i did the "clean install" of windows 10 using the option in the recovery tab or should i do the one that someone posted above with UEFI and the pendrive (i read it, but i don't understand it completely too many option that i fear that i will mess it and do some damage)

And BTW Thanks everyone for still keep providing me help.

Black Phoenix
04-15-2016, 03:39 PM
Normally I use the UEFI version with the USB key, full disk erase and then create new.

NeoBeum
04-15-2016, 03:49 PM
WindowsUpdateShowHide lets you permanently hide/block a particular update if you find it is causing issues on your laptop.
You can use it to hide certain Intel updates that Windows will try to install for the chipset that screws everything up. Not all laptops will suffer from this, but if you get the update you will notice that "Intel Watchdog" will appear as installed twice on your machine - and when you check your event log, the cores for the CPU will not be receiving the correct voltages.

If you can manage to download the 1511 TH2 ISO from Microsoft, you can use that to install Windows 10 using your 8 key.

If you're really anal about having control of what things get updated and when;

If you only have Windows 10 home, I can tell you certain Microsoft cabs to download that will effectively turn your Home into Pro because of the Administrative applications included with the cabs.

I can show you which services to block to prevent nVidia from updating the GeForce Experience, while still being able to use ShadowPlay.

I can tell you which services to disable to stop automatic updates. You won't need to do this if you get the other Admin stuff because you can just set it through the group policies.

NeoBeum
04-15-2016, 04:02 PM
Oh I just read that post

Is everything in Cyrillic?

@Auldrant
Anyhow, if someone's gone and made something that blocks everything you need to, then you can just go get that thing.

Gps3dx
04-15-2016, 05:07 PM
Is everything in Cyrillic?
you mean "Windows Update MiniTool" (http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=5&topic=48142#2) ?
once you get the english xml translate file & you put it in same folder as the exe, the app will be full with FULL English support.
Also, as I note in the previous post, that app was publish in a very good reputation forum named "MydigitalLife.info" (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/64939-Windows-Update-MiniTool) - heck they even know stuff about MS apps that MS employee them-self don't know / don't want to reveal

Auldrant
04-15-2016, 09:35 PM

I have those updates available to hide... there are lots of them should i hide them all??
BTW i checked the installed updates but there are not updates of the chipset

I did finally a clean install following the guide of Gps3dx, but i coulnd't do the comands that you put in the part 3 of the installation i put the comands just like you wrote them (not using "), but they couldn't delete the things that you wanted

Jon G
04-16-2016, 03:17 AM
The third one down is the G751JY Intel HM87 Express Chipset-
Listed as; Intel - Other hardware - Intel(R) HM87 LPC Controller - 8C4B

Your better off going to ASUS G751JY notebook support site, simply
downloading all G751JY Windows 10 drivers, unzipping them and installing.
I too did a clean USB Flash UEFI retail Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS install
on my 512GB OEM Samsung SM951 PCIeG3 (AHCI) M.2 OS SSD and all I did after OS clean install
was download all the G751JY Windows 10 OS drivers from ASUS G751JY support site,
unzipped them & installed them all. Everything works great now.

Gps3dx
04-16-2016, 11:04 AM
The third one down is the G751JY Intel HM87 Express Chipset-
Listed as; Intel - Other hardware - Intel(R) HM87 LPC Controller - 8C4B

Your better off going to ASUS G751JY notebook support site, simply
downloading all G751JY Windows 10 drivers, unzipping them and installing.
I too did a clean USB Flash UEFI retail Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS install
on my 512GB OEM Samsung SM951 PCIeG3 (AHCI) M.2 OS SSD and all I did after OS clean install
was download all the G751JY Windows 10 OS drivers from ASUS G751JY support site,
unzipped them & installed them all. Everything works great now.
Sorry to disappoint, but if you think that the intel INF includes drivers (of any kind )- you're wrong.
it includes only INF files which tells the OS which HW ID belongs to which specific driver ( inc version ?? dunno, might be ), and afterward (AFAIK ) the OS uses windows update to get the right driver from MS/INTEL servers.

The right move will be to first get & install the INF chipset "driver" asus offers specifically for your model, then if something is missing, get & install the latest INF chipset "driver" from INTEL.

About getting the "latest" driver for any device - it doesn't always in your best interest.
For example, I know that getting advance version of Intel RST then your BIOS RAID ROM ( this is the component that controls RAID in the BIOS ), can cause ( for RAID-0 and above ) a lag in term of I/O.

so, if you know how to switch between driver version for the same device - it is best to perform a benchmark for that device, before any after the changes - if you got the nerves for it ( otherwise, how do you plan on getting the best SW for you HW ? )

NeoBeum
04-16-2016, 01:27 PM
you mean "Windows Update MiniTool" (http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=5&topic=48142#2) ?
once you get the english xml translate file & you put it in same folder as the exe, the app will be full with FULL English support.
Also, as I note in the previous post, that app was publish in a very good reputation forum named "MydigitalLife.info" (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/64939-Windows-Update-MiniTool) - heck they even know stuff about MS apps that MS employee them-self don't know / don't want to reveal

The forums

NeoBeum
04-16-2016, 01:28 PM
Hide that Xeon for the love of god. THat's the thing that ****s up the voltages

Thanks for the screenshot. Now I know what it's called. I could never find the title for that update... I could only see it's effect

WindowsUpdateShowHide lets you permanently hide/block a particular update if you find it is causing issues on your laptop.
You can use it to hide certain Intel updates that Windows will try to install for the chipset that screws everything up. Not all laptops will suffer from this, but if you get the update you will notice that "Intel Watchdog" will appear as installed twice on your machine - and when you check your event log, the cores for the CPU will not be receiving the correct voltages.

Auldrant
04-16-2016, 01:33 PM
Im lost...
So i need to hide only the driver that Jon G marked and install all the others??

BTW i let my laptop downloading Fallout 4 to test it on a offline game

NeoBeum
04-16-2016, 01:38 PM
@Auldrant

Here's a screeny of a list of drivers and order you can install in - if you want better gestures for your touchpad, don't let windows update the mouse driver to the ELAN, leave it with the default one from ASUS

001-016 Are the main ones, the 020+ are the meh... if you really want to... but meh
The NPE is just a folder I made for the NVME so it loads after POST

If you have problems finding any, I'll package it all up in a zip and drop it somewhere

NeoBeum
04-16-2016, 01:49 PM

When you finish the driver setup - if you're really anal about the mouse working properly when you setup Smart Gesture's Mouse Detection, you'll need to find the Mouse that windows installs as Generic in the "Mice and other pointers"
One of them will be the Touchpad, the other will be called "HID-Compliant Mouse" - mine says ASUS ROG MacroKey Mouse because I've gone and renamed all my drivers.

**What you need to do here is update the driver, and change it frrom a "Mouse" to "Device". Windows will then finally put it in the right category, and move it to the Human Interface Device, and not where the Mice are.

Once you do this, you should be able to have this feature working properly, and not remain permanently disabled whenever you plug in a mouse to the laptop.

NeoBeum
04-16-2016, 02:08 PM
Im lost...
So i need to hide only the driver that Jon G marked and install all the others??

BTW i let my laptop downloading Fallout 4 to test it on a offline game

Hide the Xeon ones, the others that are visible on that screeshot are safe

But like Jon said, go to the ASUS Site, and get the ones they have listed.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=56913

Those are mostly the ASUS ones, the only ones that are different are the Intel Folders without the numbers at the end, those are the
Every other folder with a number at the end of the name are the ones from ASUS.

VER######## <---- ASUS