PDA

View Full Version : G751JT & SAMSUNG M.2 950 Pro 512GB supported?

bashar_289
04-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Hi all im going to buy samsung m.2 950 pro 512GB and i have m.2 slot in my laptop ASUS G751JT did this machine support this m.2 nvme samung 950 pro or not?

Weirdoutworld
04-13-2016, 07:24 PM
I do not beleive the g751JT-JY supports nvme technology. There is a couple special digits in the serial # for the M.2 SSD that work with the G751. Maybe somebody here can clear this up for me also. I'm interested in installing an M.2 bit don't know what will work and what won't.

Cheetah
04-14-2016, 04:45 AM
Samsung-SM951-256GB-AHCI-MZHPV256HDGL-00000

JustinThyme
04-14-2016, 02:39 PM
Samsung-SM951-256GB-AHCI-MZHPV256HDGL-00000

^^^^^^^^
This is about the best you are going to do and can also get it in a 512GB flavor.
The G751 does not support NVMe

Gps3dx
04-14-2016, 03:39 PM
*("lets spam some unnecessary image")*
http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110812215913/fallout/images/a/aa/FacepalmVaultBoy.png
-------------------------------------------------

I do not beleive the g751JT-JY supports nvme technology. There is a couple special digits in the serial # for the M.2 SSD that work with the G751. Maybe somebody here can clear this up for me also. I'm interested in installing an M.2 bit don't know what will work and what won't.
Computers is about science, not about believes.
For fact, officialy, the G751JT does NOT support NVME.
Nontheless, same wonderful forum dedicated to BIOS's modding, named Win-Raid.com, got a thread named "[Guide] How to get full NVMe support for Intel Chipset systems from 6-Series up" (http://www.win-raid.com/t871f16-Guide-How-to-get-full-NVMe-support-for-Intel-Chipset-systems-from-Series-up.html).
Now... theoretically speaking...if your the G751JT is missing NVMe, but it have all the required HW ( I still haven't figure this out ) - one, theoretically speaking, can mod the BIOS to allow the G751JT to work with NVMe.

Also please note that in the past similar topic thread was opened (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83500-BIOS-MODDING-NVMe-support-for-Asus-G751JT), thus, IMHO, there isn't any need for another one.
you can find there more info & the user whom may or may not succeed with the BIOS mod.

JustinThyme
04-14-2016, 06:08 PM
Lets spam an entirely unnecessary post!

Saying I believe is the same as saying I think but I am not sure and has nothing to do with computer science. We already have enough language barriers, can we please not create more? His post was made with good intentions that he doenst think the NVMe drive will work and he is also looking for a solution.

Sorry but that BIOS mod does not work, it has already been proven here. A member did the bios mod, it allowed the BIOS to see the NVMe drive, He install an OS to it and was able to boot from it but got worse performance than a SATA III 2.5" drive.
The link you provided has nothing to do with this or even your own unnecessary post.

You are again doing something you promised staff members here you would not do, Please back off the newbs or do we need to go there yet again?

Gps3dx
04-14-2016, 06:33 PM
You are again doing something you promised staff members here you would not do, Please back off the newbs or do we need to go there yet again?
You're more then welcome to do so - that way you'll just prove my point in the my multiple complaints against you I've already sent to the admins.
so please... continue with the threats.

Have you notice this time AT ALL that i've wrote "please note" and "IMHO" - thus, I have NOT requested nor demanded anything from "newbs" ? of course not - it's you, "JustinThyme".

I get it... it's "ok" m8 - it is well known throughout out community that you HAVE TO comment to anything that I write, just because it is me ( or specifically few selected members which I will not disclose here, as I won't try to do public shaming as you try to do to me, each time, again and again ).
Don't know if you've look at your doing - but, by that behavior you're just elevating my popularity around the forum, something that is well understood that you dislike.

Also, such behavior considered to be ,in our modern "western" culture, as a peculiar-stalking-kind-of weird...

Haven't you got better things to do around here with your time ( & hopefully knowledge ) like writing guides/perform benchmarks on your multiple ROG devices - instead of lurking and jumping on any post I write ?

P.S - you'll be thrilled to read that I've promised things to an admin, and I keep it just fine.
which is also non of your business, as you wonderfully wrote to me hastily last time "YOU'RE NOT AN ADMIN".

------------- ON TOPIC -----------------
@bashar_289 - as I wrote, I can advise you to reply in the old thread about the subject if you wish to debate it with the user (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83500-BIOS-MODDING-NVMe-support-for-Asus-G751JT) who might be the only one who tried to mod the bios - who might have new news which he/she haven't publish.
Writing a new thread doesn't popup a notification in that user notification area (which might even cause a mail to be sent to him ) - just so you know.

JustinThyme
04-14-2016, 07:05 PM
You're more then welcome to do so - that way you'll just prove my point in the my multiple complaints against you I've already sent to the admins.
so please... continue with the threats.

Have you notice this time AT ALL that i've wrote "please note" and "IMHO" - thus, I have NOT requested nor demanded anything from "newbs" ? of course not - it's you, "JustinThyme".

I get it... it's "ok" m8 - it is well known throughout out community that you HAVE TO comment to anything that I write, just because it is me ( or specifically few selected members which I will not disclose here, as I won't try to do public shaming as you try to do to me, each time, again and again ).
Don't know if you've look at your doing - but, by that behavior you're just elevating my popularity around the forum, something that is well understood that you dislike.

Also, such behavior considered to be ,in our modern "western" culture, as a peculiar-stalking-kind-of weird...

Haven't you got better things to do around here with your time ( & hopefully knowledge ) like writing guides/perform benchmarks on your multiple ROG devices - instead of lurking and jumping on any post I write ?

P.S - you'll be thrilled to read that I've promised things to an admin, and I keep it just fine.
which is also non of your business, as you wonderfully wrote to me hastily last time "YOU'RE NOT AN ADMIN".

------------- ON TOPIC -----------------
@bashar_289 - as I wrote, I can advise you to reply in the old thread about the subject if you wish to debate it with the user (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83500-BIOS-MODDING-NVMe-support-for-Asus-G751JT) who might be the only one who tried to mod the bios - who might have new news which he/she haven't publish.
Writing a new thread doesn't popup a notification in that user notification area (which might even cause a mail to be sent to him ) - just so you know.

Again. that old thread had nothing in it.
Im not going to write a river crying post, Lets just say I know precisely what you have promised and leave it at that.
Where did you see any threats?
Taking it to PM to leave the crying off the board, or are you going to cry about that too.