PDA

View Full Version : Asus G750JZ GPU Fan Noise (grinding)

Toretto
04-14-2016, 10:48 AM
Hi all,

I know there are a lot of topics about broken or noisy fans on G750's, but i want to ask a little bit different question.

So the story began an year ago, when one of my fans started grinding. I had warranty back then, so i gave it to the company to fix it.
The lap has been returned about 3 weeks later with a receipt stating that both of the fans and their thermal modules were replaced.
Everything was fine up until 2 weeks ago when one of the fans started grinding the same way as before, so i opened the laptop till the point
where the motherboard is out, hoping that i would see something wrong. Unfortunately there wasn't anything wrong, even both of the fans didn't have any
dust or whatsoever.

So now the grinding continues, but only when the GPU fan kicks in (i can say that it is the GPU fan, cause of the optimus in JZ's, and by watching the RPM's of the fans).
My question is : Is there a way to service the GPU fan (lubricate) or it is non serviceable ?

Thank you in advance

JustinThyme
04-14-2016, 02:22 PM
The only service you can do is replace the fan.

DuffmasterFresh
04-18-2016, 01:41 AM
Mine has the exact same problem I think. When the GPU fan on my G750JZ goes on, it makes this kind of grinding stuttering noise that I can't describe. It only does it when the fan is turning on. Once the fan is fully on, the noise is gone. Often times my GPU fan doesn't turn on in games causing my computer to overheat and shut down. I have no idea why it does this. I posted about this months ago and no one responded.