PDA

View Full Version : Asus G751jt laptop turns off charger - solved

hasee.b
04-15-2016, 05:49 PM
Hello,

This is my first post to this forum.
I have bought Asus G751jt like 2 years ago. Never had any problem.

Today, my charger stop charging. When I plugged in the charger, the yellow light on charger turn on,
but when I plug it in to laptop, its says "Plugged IN" after few seconds, it says "ON Battery".
When I look into charger, the yellow light is turned off, even the the charger is plugged in wall socket.

I have changed the charger wire, but the problem is still there. Some kind of controller is shutting down the charger itself.

Kindly, help as I am on vacations to Pakistan, and I cannot buy new charger here.

THanks

Best Regards
Haseeb

hasee.b
04-15-2016, 06:52 PM
Hello,
I noticed today, my laptop Asus G751jt stops charging and is turnning off charger yellow light even charger is plugged in.
If charger is plugged out and plugged in agian to wall socket, the yellow light on it stays illuminated given it is not plugged into laptop.

If i plugged the charger to laptop after some time, laptop starts charging for some time,like 4 5 minutes,
But afterward it turns off charger and stop charging.
If i immediatly turn off and turn on charger from wall socket, charger lighy turn off immediatly.

Is the problem is charger or laptop itself?
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Haseeb

warryabel
04-15-2016, 07:56 PM
how old is your laptop? here are many with the same or similar issues. problem is the battery,mine beguns to die exact 3 days after the first year.
i think asus ignore this because only one year batterywarranty.

hasee.b
04-15-2016, 08:07 PM
how old is your laptop? here are many with the same or similar issues. problem is the battery,mine beguns to die exact 3 days after the first year.
i think asus ignore this because only one year batterywarranty.

Laptop is almost 2.5 years old. Batteries get charged to 86 pecent only.
Latop still has some battery so it turns on and works fine. But when I plug in charger, the charger gets turrned off. = No morr charging

From google, other laptops like Dell having this problem had faulty motherboard.

I don't know weather the replacememt motherboard are available.

hasee.b
04-16-2016, 06:31 PM
Long story short, charging LED on laptop turns on for 2 seconds when I plug in charger. After 2 seconds charging Led on laptop and yelllow Led oncharger turnned off itself.

Laptop still have some charge, so it is booting up normally.

I am here in Pakistan, there is issue of electricity shortage, like after 2 3 hours electricity goes for 1 hour. So we use UPS for that hour.
Maybe this on and off causes this problem.

I greatly appreciate any comment, please help me.
Thanks

Haseeb

hasee.b
04-18-2016, 01:37 PM
So, finally.. I got it sorted. This was problem of charger OEM(19.5V, 11.8A). As I told you before, I am in Pakistan, it is not possible to find OEM replacement charger,
I got 2nd hand adapter (19.5V, 12.3A) which in used by dell Alienware
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Replacement-Alienware-M17x10-1847DSB-AM18X-6732BAA/dp/B006QE190E

The plug perfectly fits in laptop, and it is charging battery seemingly fine.

So I will conclude, by saying if your laptop ever had this problem, it is most likely to be adapter problem.
It is preferred you should always go for OEM replacement adaptor, but and there is no harm in using other's manufacture adapter if you fulfill the following three conditions,
1) The polarity must match
2) Voltage must match ( 19.5V == 19.5V )
3) Current rating must be at least equal or greater than the original charger ( 12.3A >= 11.8A )

Cheers,
Muhammad Haseeb