PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my new g752vt, when playing any game, escape menu opens randomly

Ap3x
04-18-2016, 12:49 PM
Whenever I am playing any game like GTA5,CSGO etc the escape menu opens up randomly again and again

JustinThyme
04-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Sounds like far reaching fingers or ATK package might need updated.

cl-Albert
04-18-2016, 04:20 PM
Not sure what the problem is, but if you haven't already, try to disable the touchpad and use an external mouse to make sure it's not related to the touchpad.

If this helps, check your touchpad edge gesture settings as mentioned below (copy and pasted from an earlier thread) if you want to keep using the touchpad.

Thanks, and hope it helps.

If anyone is interested, this sticky thread under the G750 useful threads sticky has more information about disabling the Edge Gesture function in the Smart Gesture touchpad software which can be a little tricky to access the first time if you're not familiar with it.
Hope it's okay to provide this general link (clickable) for touchpad issues (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?46928-Collection-of-Some-G750-Touchpad-and-Touchpad-Button-related-Threads), but check the first item if interested: 1. Subject: Win8 Games Randomly Minimizing while using Touchpad. (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34995-Win8-Games-Minimizing-because-of-touchpad-solved&country=&status=)

Ap3x
04-18-2016, 04:23 PM
Sounds like far reaching fingers or ATK package might need updated.
tried installing the atk, it said another version is already installed, so i assume it's the latest one.

Ap3x
04-18-2016, 04:32 PM
Not sure what the problem is, but if you haven't already, try to disable the touchpad and use an external mouse to make sure it's not related to the touchpad.

If this helps, check your touchpad edge gesture settings as mentioned below (copy and pasted from an earlier thread) if you want to keep using the touchpad.

Thanks, and hope it helps.

If anyone is interested, this sticky thread under the G750 useful threads sticky has more information about disabling the Edge Gesture function in the Smart Gesture touchpad software which can be a little tricky to access the first time if you're not familiar with it.
Hope it's okay to provide this general link (clickable) for touchpad issues (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?46928-Collection-of-Some-G750-Touchpad-and-Touchpad-Button-related-Threads), but check the first item if interested: 1. Subject: Win8 Games Randomly Minimizing while using Touchpad. (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34995-Win8-Games-Minimizing-because-of-touchpad-solved&country=&status=)

I am using an external mouse with touchpad off but it's still happening
edit: for some reason it only happens when i am using the w key with some other key

DeltaActual
04-18-2016, 04:59 PM
Try disabling Sonic Studio.

Ap3x
04-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Try disabling Sonic Studio.

nope still there

DeltaActual
04-18-2016, 05:16 PM
It's hard to tell, Ap3x. We don't know what you have installed. Try closing those programs in the lower right tray, one by one. See if that helps. I've had exactly the same problem running MW2 and Heroes & Generals. Closing Sonic crap fixed it.

Ap3x
04-18-2016, 05:22 PM
It's hard to tell, Ap3x. We don't know what you have installed. Try closing those programs in the lower right tray, one by one. See if that helps. I've had exactly the same problem running MW2 and Heroes & Generals. Closing Sonic crap fixed it.

Closed down most of the applications but it's still happening on multiple games eg csgo borderlands and gta5. and also it's only happening with combination of any key with w key.

DeltaActual
04-18-2016, 05:23 PM
Hmmm... Try uninstalling ATK package. Install latest one.

Ap3x
04-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Hmmm... Try uninstalling ATK package. Install latest one.

didn't work. I think I am going to backup and do a clean installation of windows 7 now :mad:

Ap3x
04-19-2016, 05:46 AM
Is there no solution for my problem :(:(

cl-Albert
04-19-2016, 04:40 PM
Closed down most of the applications but it's still happening on multiple games eg csgo borderlands and gta5. and also it's only happening with combination of any key with w key.

Have you tried using the same combinations with the w key at the Windows desktop to see if it opens any programs or does anything?

Just guessing that maybe some installed software has set up some 'hotkeys' for that key combination?

DeltaActual
04-22-2016, 03:07 PM
Oh, btw....Do you have Samsung Magician software installed?