PDA

View Full Version : Asus Rog G75VW HELP Needed to Reinstall Windows!

TkNoodle
04-22-2016, 10:35 PM
Hello I have an Asus ROG G75VW that I bought off craigslist about a year ago. It's been working ever since 2 weeks ago where I accidently downloaded a media player that cause many problems. I now have a virus called "Alberio" or something and I can't download anything. Things I've tried and didn't help: Uninstalling every program that was since the problems began occuring, tried to remove Alberio from every browser (yes I've done my Googling) I've used the program Malwarebytes (the program that scans and deletes viruses), I found an old CD in my house that said "Windows 7" on it and i tried installing Windows again. This only created a bigger problem and now I apparently have a counterfeit of Windows thay reminds me everytime I log in (its on the lower right corner of my backround). I've contacted Asus support and my F9 after booting up does not work anymore (it just goes straight to login) I ordered the software recovery CD's from the Asus store that their support team reccomended and my computer doesnt even read it. It just treats it as a dics I'm about to burn. I tried booting from safe mode and still nothing to access the CD. I am currently stuck on pressing "ESC" on bootup and I can't get the CD to read, apprently it's not "Valid". Please help, I'm so desperate to fix my computer and don't want to spend more money.. is there anything that may help that I haven't tried? Note: I can't download anything from online without the Albireo ads covering everything and won't close out. Same with when i already have the installers, it will just close out after installing halfway.. Please help me!

cl-Albert
04-22-2016, 11:36 PM
I found an old CD in my house that said "Windows 7" on it and i tried installing Windows again. This only created a bigger problem and now I apparently have a counterfeit of Windows thay reminds me everytime I log in (its on the lower right corner of my backround). I've contacted Asus support and my F9 after booting up does not work anymore (it just goes straight to login) I ordered the software recovery CD's from the Asus store that their support team reccomended and my computer doesnt even read it. It just treats it as a dics I'm about to burn. I tried booting from safe mode and still nothing to access the CD. I am currently stuck on pressing "ESC" on bootup and I can't get the CD to read, apprently it's not "Valid". Please help, I'm so desperate to fix my computer and don't want to spend more money.. is there anything that may help that I haven't tried? Note: I can't download anything from online without the Albireo ads covering everything and won't close out. Same with when i already have the installers, it will just close out after installing halfway.. Please help me!

Welcome to the forums and sorry it's not under better circumstances.

If other CDs boot, but the Recovery Disk you purchased from ASUS Store doesn't, you probably want to talk to ASUS Store about getting another copy or ask if it's possible to get a refund (not sure what can be done for this though, but doesn't hurt to ask) if you aren't interested in another copy.

If you have a Win7 model and can still read the product key, you can probably get everything installed without the ASUS recovery disks, but would take more work, so suggest finding a way to use the ASUS recovery disks if possible.

Expect others may have better ideas to solve this issue though if you want to wait or search for some other posts about it.

Unfortunately, I'm not much of an expert on viruses, but if you were able to erase your hard drive (?) and reinstall another copy of Win7, and that virus still came back, would be concerned that the ASUS Recovery disk wouldn't solve this issue either, but worth a try if you don't have better options.
Not sure if you want to pay somebody that you trust to solve the problem for you if time is more important than money, but if you spend the time and effort, you may be able to solve it yourself with more research.

Actually, hard drives and SSDs aren't too expensive these days, so another idea may be to replace/upgrade your hard drive and reinstall Windows to solve this issue (assuming you don't have a problem to reinstall Windows which may not be true).

Good luck!