My First gaming laptop.

ASUS ROG g752vt
i7 6700HQ
2.60GHz
16GB, 1TB+128GB SSD, Windows 10
GTX 970M

I Only have steam and origins on here
8-9 games downloaded from both ^^

like the title says, I'm getting popping noises from my speakers when I first turn it on even with the sound completely
Off.
Also just started a week ago but when I go to turn it on the next day the ASUS logo comes on the screen for a few seconds than the laptop
Just shuts off like the battery has been pulled out.
I press the power button again and it turns on fine. I can shut it off and turn it back on no problem for the rest of the day.
I also get random game crashes on start up once in awhile. Than sometimes during gaming. Core temp is normal so it's not overheating.
I've only had it for about a month or so now and I'm starting to feel like something's wrong with it..
I'm just wondering if there's anyone else who has experienced the same things as me with this.
And what should I do. Take it back and get a new one? Or is this just normal for this laptop lol.

RuisuL12
04-25-2016, 05:27 PM
I too had the laptop shutdown when I was trying to power on on my G752VT, the thing that I read in other thread and searching outside the forums was the Fast boot in Windows 10, I deactivate that option in power options and the issue was gone, the laptop turns on without problems. the issue with sound cant tell, cause almost always I have music on, so its not real problem for me I think

M.sosnowski
04-25-2016, 06:36 PM
Cool, thanks man

I just changed that setting you mentioned.
I will find out if that worked when I turn it on tomorrow morning.

The speaker thing is just annoying when I'm not using headphones. But it seems to go away once I start playing a game.
I've read a few blogs on google search, one other person had the same thing with speakers. He Returned his laptop and got another one
and that one did the same things with the speakers.. 😕

Do you sometimes get freezing let say, in game you pause press ALT+TAB to check core temp or something else on desktop. Dose it freezeup on you when you return to the game??
I sometimes get freezing and black screen and than I'm forced to shut it down..

kidfromhell
04-25-2016, 06:52 PM
Cool, thanks man
Do you sometimes get freezing let say, in game you pause press ALT+TAB to check core temp or something else on desktop. Dose it freezeup on you when you return to the game??

I guess it has to do with the latest NVIDIA drivers. The new ones are a mess right now, for some. I suggest that you revert yourself to version 362.00 and see if that helped. Also before you uninstall your current driver, use DDU tool to uninstall, then do a CLEAN install. Google to see what DDU is and how to do a CLEAN install of a nvidia driver.

Note 2: Try running games in fullscreen or exclusive fullscreen mode (depending on games). Never go for 'borderless' or 'borderless window' mode.

M.sosnowski
04-25-2016, 08:22 PM
Cool, thanks

I'll give that a try and see how that goes to.

RuisuL12
04-25-2016, 09:55 PM
Cool, thanks man

I just changed that setting you mentioned.
I will find out if that worked when I turn it on tomorrow morning.

The speaker thing is just annoying when I'm not using headphones. But it seems to go away once I start playing a game.
I've read a few blogs on google search, one other person had the same thing with speakers. He Returned his laptop and got another one
and that one did the same things with the speakers.. 😕

The freezing thing, not really, I press ALT-TAB and everything is ok, just the time it took to minimize but no freeze for a shutdown, and I have the latest drivers, maybe a game in particular, but unlikely