PDA

View Full Version : Your ROG Story

rog_au
04-26-2016, 11:26 PM
Greetings members,

2016 marks the 10th anniversary of the ASUS Republic of Gamers brand, setting a huge milestone!

We would love to hear your ROG story! Perhaps about the first ROG product you ever owned, what happened to it and what it meant to you? Maybe you still have it.

Let us know!

Recalcetrant
07-23-2017, 08:38 AM
Family have ROG lapyops, been watching them for some time, I had to do better.
My ROG GT51CH with 34" Gaming monitor, Claymore Core Keyboard, Spatha Mouse, Centurion 7.1 Headset, feeding from the ROG Rapture Router.
Am I happy.
You bet *:)
I could count the grass seeds playing Rust lol*

Korth
07-23-2017, 08:54 AM
I chose ASUS because they're arguably the best. And I was really just buying the best X99 mobo ASUS offered at the time. That happened to be a ROG Rampage V Extreme.

It's still sitting on my workbench desk, it still works fine after 3 years of hot and heavy (basically continuous) duty-cycle and it looks like it can keep going at least 3 years more.

Rockford
03-19-2018, 06:08 PM
good evening.

Maximus IV Extreme = I came
Rampage IV Extreme = I stayed
Maximus Z97 = I left

The stubborn genuine ROG boards+benchmarking was the fun .
(the products that made me bald. and killed 9 of my remaining 13 brain cells)

/ overclock failed

scallipus
10-13-2019, 12:23 PM
I guess my ROG story starts back in 2010, when I built a custom PC from some 'older at the time' hardware,

ASUS ROG STRIKER II EXTREME motherboard (with built in water cooled heat spreaders)... The overclocking options for my quad core unlocked CORE 2 DUO cpu were great and that system served me very very well up until only a few weeks ago when I finally decided to upgrade to a new more modern PC build :)

ROG STRIX Z390 E GAMING MB, ROG-STRIX-RTX2070S-A8G-GAMING GFX CARD...

and again their overclocking abilities are awesome :) My old pc is still going strong, it was just starting to lag a little on a couple of the modern games and couldn't run star citizen after the 3.1 update... Everything else in my gaming collection played ok on the old system but plays so much nicer on the new system ;)