PDA

View Full Version : Asus G752VY Bios 213 available! Updates.

ROG_HARDCORE
04-28-2016, 09:46 AM
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G752VY/G752VYAS213.zip?_ga=1.205169040.1601215946.1456798 808

Ready for the test.

ROG_HARDCORE
04-28-2016, 09:56 AM
FIXED :

1. Now can save fastboot
2. startup now faster!! YEAHHH
----------------------------------------------------------------------
3. audio chip-set Temperature ( Drivers related )

Qosmio
04-28-2016, 10:57 AM
I was waiting very much already.
Thank you!

ROG_HARDCORE
04-28-2016, 11:53 AM
Unfortunately Realtek Audio Chipset still will get HOT when playing audio using internal Speakers. ( Driver related )

Other BIOS issues are FIXED.

Gustave
04-28-2016, 01:00 PM
Thanks for sharing! Missed this one.

miky1989
04-28-2016, 01:21 PM
How can i update the bios? :/

And why the bios not posted here? https://www.asus.com/it/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/

Gustave
04-28-2016, 01:55 PM
How can i update the bios? :/

And why the bios not posted here? https://www.asus.com/it/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/

(https://www.asus.com/it/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/)Me too, I often have to look through several download servers to find what I want, but it's there (https://www.asus.com/it/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/).

JOHATASH
04-28-2016, 05:51 PM
Working very well !!! booting time 6sec !
GPU Fans issue stay in///

Gpu fan working slower even upon high pressure

pigulici
04-28-2016, 05:56 PM
Thanks for head up...

kidfromhell
04-28-2016, 06:12 PM

So you're saying that BOTH fans are working equally now? Because, until 212, just the CPU fans would kick-in frequently and they were VERY loud.

Also, when you meant that the GPU fans are slow, did you mean that as an update or a problem?

miky1989
04-28-2016, 07:13 PM

(https://www.asus.com/it/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/)Me too, I often have to look through several download servers to find what I want, but it's there (https://www.asus.com/it/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/).

Can't see it :

Edit:
Downloaded from taiwan website :D
Now the boot time is superfast O_o
The "bip" from the jack always remain :/

JustinThyme
04-28-2016, 09:33 PM
Look under "other OS"

Updated, had to enter into BIOS straight away to enable Raid0 so I could boot. While I was there noted fast boot is enabled by default.
Save and exit. Completed boot. Shut down takes far longer.

After shut down timed boot. Noted ASUS logo up within a second or two but got nowhere near any 6 second magic boot time. Did get shaved to 12 seconds from 18 S it was before regardless of whether it's been unplugged or not. Shut down again, disabled fast boot. Still the same time, 12 seconds.

Crystalmarks bench mark before and after showed a 100MBPS DROP in sequential read on raid0. Prior speed was just over 2800MBPS now just over 2700. Sequential write dropped about the same. Don't think it's anything I will notice other than running a benchmark. I'll tweak and see if I can get anymore out of it.
Enabled fast boot from OS to see if that changes anything. It did, caused machine to hang at shutdown. Screen goes black, power button stays illuminated far left LED stays illuminated. Figures I'd leave it and see how long it took. Went for a two mile walk with my Labrador, came back, still hung. Depressed power button for hard shutdown. Upon reboot disabled fast boot in power button menu, back to where I was.
Didn't experience the Fan ramp up before, now it only happens at shut down. While "Shut Down" is displayed the fan ramps up.

My audio jack didn't get hot before and it still doesn't.

Recap, shaved 6 seconds off of boot time (regardless of whether or not fast boot is enabled in the BIOS) added 20 seconds to shut down. Lost a little speed in SSD raid array.
My initial impression, I'll test more to see if I can tweak anything out.

hexaae
04-28-2016, 10:52 PM
Sleep mode hanged the machine on resume. Mouse or keyboard didn't work. Didn't happen with 212.
USB still stays on when PC is in hibernation or off.

Disabled fastboot. Resume from sleep working again.

P.S.
Never had so slow boot times here. No difference between 212 and 213 for me. AHCI mode.

P.P.S.
FYI, in RAID mode still has the same bug: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?84587-G752VY-issue-with-M-2-speed-after-resume-from-sleep
Have to enable AHCI to get rid of it.

ROG_HARDCORE
04-29-2016, 12:21 AM
Maybe consider change SSD and clean install OS? I have new samsung 950 pro 512GB with clean windows 10 Pro,
Boot time super fast now, running on AHCI mode. Don't have sleep, or usb problem.

I think i solved the hot audio issues by using audio drivers from here :
https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GL502VT/HelpDesk_Download/

this is the latest driver i can find. audio chipset remain cools now, and sound good.

ROG_HARDCORE
04-29-2016, 12:33 AM
Regarding GPU Fan, it does work during heavy gaming. But seems to be in sync with CPU during IDLE.
Do install latest Gaming center, so that G752VY can OC.

kidfromhell
04-29-2016, 03:43 AM
Regarding GPU Fan, it does work during heavy gaming. But seems to be in sync with CPU during IDLE.
Do install latest Gaming center, so that G752VY can OC.

Seriously, where'd you get that latest version of the gaming center? I was thinking that I am running the latest version, but I see nothing like your snapshot in my app. That looks cool.

purekaoz777
04-29-2016, 05:07 AM
Seriously, where'd you get that latest version of the gaming center? I was thinking that I am running the latest version, but I see nothing like your snapshot in my app. That looks cool.
Yes! Please tell us, mine looks nothing like that either....

ROG_HARDCORE
04-29-2016, 05:08 AM
Latest version 1.0.8

ROG_HARDCORE
04-29-2016, 05:10 AM
ASUS integrated Turbo Gear for overclocking, you can select custom to overclock within safe range set by asus.

JOHATASH
04-29-2016, 06:06 AM
A new version has long been on

ttps://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Product/GetDownloadUrl/?id=ROG%20G752VY

JOHATASH
04-29-2016, 06:12 AM
So you're saying that BOTH fans are working equally now? Because, until 212, just the CPU fans would kick-in frequently and they were VERY loud.

Also, when you meant that the GPU fans are slow, did you mean that as an update or a problem?

I say that the BIOS 206 GPU fans operating at high load showed 3900- 4000 RPM, immediately at 213 with a maximum load they unwind at 2700rpm

while fans are also untwisted CPU range of 4000rpm reaches as 206 and 213

the fans are running at different speeds independently but I am concerned about why the GPU fan can't accelerate the 4000rpm?

hexaae
04-29-2016, 07:33 AM
Do you have problems with your GPU temps? Because I reach max temp ~82C max, which is not a problem...

hexaae
04-29-2016, 07:52 AM
Maybe consider change SSD and clean install OS?
No my system is absolutely clean and I perfectly know what a I do software-side... ;)
I have 1 single NVMe as the default HW config.

Boot time super fast now, running on AHCI mode.
Can't see difference here from 212 to 213. It's strange but for me it was always fast and never had those reported "black holes" of 20-80 secs pause on reboot... Just sometimes randomly, before the ASUS logo appears, it waits 3-4 secs and then starts...

Don't have sleep, or usb problem.
Ok... here is exactly what I did:
- updated to BIOS 213 (Fastboot ON by default, and RAID set as default)
- hanged from sleep mode resume
then I noticed it was reset to RAID, and I changed it to AHCI again, and actually I can't reproduce the freeze on resume from sleep anymore (keeping Fastboot ON).

Your USB ports on the left side (3.0) do really switch off on hibernation/off? Can you take a pic of your Device Manager?

I think i solved the hot audio issues by using audio drivers from here :
https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GL502VT/HelpDesk_Download/

this is the latest driver i can find. audio chipset remain cools now, and sound good.
What audio enhancer installs? Still Sonic Audio 2, buggy and not working with Edge browser and many games sounds?

ROG_HARDCORE
04-29-2016, 08:51 AM
Still Sonic Audio 2, working with games and chrome but not edge browser.
I'm on AHCI mode.

strange right? but for me, all previous problem solved. maybe updates still on going.

JustinThyme
04-29-2016, 11:43 AM

Is that boot from cold start or reboot?

If that is a cold start can you please post a video of the time elapsed from pushing the power button until the login screen appears?

pigulici
04-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Updated, boot faster(ahci+no secureboot+no fastboot), like was supposed in first place, in the end look ok for me this bios, so far...

ROG_HARDCORE
04-29-2016, 01:42 PM
Update : Realtek Audio IC still, get hot. Temperature throttling.

Hopefully will have fix.

kidfromhell
04-29-2016, 04:15 PM
Latest version 1.0.8

Uh-oh, I'm running the same version 1.0.8 and G752VY. But mine looks nothing like yours. In fact, I don't see half the options that's present on your's.

JustinThyme
04-29-2016, 05:50 PM
Did you uninstall the previous version first? The ASUS utilities don't seem to auto update and require uninstall of the current version first before you install the updated version. I'm running the 1.0.8 released the end of March. It adds another tab right beside the system information that launches the turbo mode. It allows GPU OC to some extent and launches as another window when you click it.

JOHATASH
04-29-2016, 06:39 PM
Is that boot from cold start or reboot?

If that is a cold start can you please post a video of the time elapsed from pushing the power button until the login screen appears?

it is time that written in task manager...

JOHATASH
04-29-2016, 06:40 PM
Do you have problems with your GPU temps? Because I reach max temp ~82C max, which is not a problem...

same temperature.

kidfromhell
04-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Did you uninstall the previous version first? The ASUS utilities don't seem to auto update and require uninstall of the current version first before you install the updated version. I'm running the 1.0.8 released the end of March. It adds another tab right beside the system information that launches the turbo mode. It allows GPU OC to some extent and launches as another window when you click it.

Actually, the system has a clean install of Windows. So I never had it in the first place after install. Just few weeks back, I wanted to see what the app is and decided to give it a try. That was the 1.0.8 version and this is what I got.

I'll uninstall this and reinstall again to see if that helped.

JustinThyme
04-29-2016, 09:27 PM
I downloaded and installed it myself after the uninstall and this is what I have

kidfromhell
04-29-2016, 09:46 PM
I downloaded and installed it myself after the uninstall and this is what I have

Re-installation did the trick. I have the settings as well. But.. that was strange. Nevermind, it is solved now. By the way, is that your manual settings for the overclock? Also, are those the MAX values YOUR system can bear?

I'm planning to find the values myself, but it would always be good to have an idea of how hard can this be pushed.

Back to the topic, I'll post my findings after the 213 update. I see that the CPU fans don't run VERY often, and the sound from the fans seems much quieter. Previously, it would be like a vacuum running.

I see a boot time of 8 secs to the desktop from the moment I press the power button (Fastboot on - both in windows and in BIOS, SM951 as the boot drive, clean installation [Not done now, a while ago], 4 digit PIN set in Windows)

JustinThyme
04-29-2016, 10:05 PM
Thats what the sliders were left on the last time I messed with it. I can go a bit further without increasing the voltage. Ive run it to 600 on the GPU and 1500 on the memory with stock volts, no problems and will pass 9K in 3Dmarks firestrike. Problem is the memory slider bottoms out before you get there and there is more on the GPU clock that it can handle. MSI afterburner gets better results.

EttoreA
04-30-2016, 03:11 PM
The zip file has two bat files. SilentInstall.bat and SilentUninstall.bat. Do I have to use the latest one and then the former or do I should use Setup.exe ?

Otot
04-30-2016, 03:48 PM
The zip file has two bat files. SilentInstall.bat and SilentUninstall.bat. Do I have to use the latest one and then the former or do I should use Setup.exe ?
Use Setup.exe

ROG_HARDCORE
05-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Continues Realtek Audio Chipset heats up really really annoying when playing audio using internal speakers. sooner the chipset will fail for sure!
any solutions?

Current drivers : Realtek HD drivers V6.0.1.7719 with sonic studio plugins V2.0.7

kidfromhell
05-04-2016, 02:24 AM
Continues Realtek Audio Chipset heats up really really annoying when playing audio using internal speakers. sooner the chipset will fail for sure!
any solutions?

Current drivers : Realtek HD drivers V6.0.1.7719 with sonic studio plugins V2.0.7

Did you give the 7801 version a try?

ROG_HARDCORE
05-04-2016, 05:26 AM
Did you give the 7801 version a try?
Wait, 7801? where can i get that?

Edit : found it.
http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24364-latest-realtek-audio-codecs/page-9

tested several songs playing using internal speaker, Problem still there. Rapid temperature rising.

winyl
05-04-2016, 08:53 PM
tested several songs playing using internal speaker, Problem still there. Rapid temperature rising.

Go to Device Manager on Reatlek High Definition Audio > rclick > Update Driver > Get from Windows Update, sthing like that . See if M$ drivers solve heating problems of Realtek chip.

dookooo
05-22-2016, 08:53 PM
I have the same problem about Realtek Chipset getting hot , but it always becomes hot even without playing any sound :/ .. awful thing .. found no solution yet .

winyl
05-27-2016, 11:02 PM
If you check G752vy Asus Download Page (https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/), you'll see BIOS section has vanished from it. Wonder why? :)

Gustave
05-27-2016, 11:46 PM
If you check G752vy Asus Download Page (https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/), you'll see BIOS section has vanished from it. Wonder why? :)

It's still there under heading OS [Others ]. I don't think it means anything other then a reorganization of the support site.

JustinThyme
05-28-2016, 03:33 AM
This seems to happen quite regularly.

ROG_HARDCORE
05-28-2016, 01:14 PM
Hopefully upcoming updates fixes the Hot audio issues. The Realtek Audio IC seems to be Overclocked and over volted not sure why. It help in game fps? lollllll
Asus please fix it before it break. 80 degrees is no joke.

Simao
06-23-2016, 10:30 PM
Hi guys. My left fan, the CPU, when i turn on the laptop, and when she starts working, she goes very loud, like shes runing on full speed. Also, the sart button dont show light, and when i turn of the laptop, the mouse light still on.
Do you think that update bios help?

I will see what bios i have. But, for uptade, i can update directly to the last version, or i have to update/install the others versions first?

Thanks

toronto699
06-23-2016, 11:46 PM
latest version is all that's required Bios is comulative

Simao
06-25-2016, 10:05 PM
Hi have two questions about the bios. Can i uptade two times for the same bios version? I updated my bios to the 213 version, but, can i update to the same version again, because not all mistakes were resolved, make twice the same update? Or these can result in errors or damage the system?
The second question is, how i can default the bios settings? And, if i do that, default the settings, this will downgrade the bios version (i dont want a downgrade)?
Thanks to all

ROG_HARDCORE
06-26-2016, 02:50 AM
once its flashed, you dont have to flash for 2nd time. It not necessary, I agree that still have bugs such as High cpu usage which cause overheating and loud fan ( system and compressed memory )
and High temperature audio codec chip set.

workaround:

high cpu usgae : sometimes you just have to shut down, and unplug the power cord, then plug in and start the pc. It solved , but will come back, sooooon.

hot audio chip set : ASUS have been silence on this so I SUSPECT its related to the hardware, I've done some research papers and determined that ALC668 does problematic.

Bios still not perfect anyway, I have moved to the Lenovo currently and put G752VY in shelf. Was planing to buy GX700Vo but who knows if that is a broken engineering again.

miky1989
01-29-2017, 09:23 PM
Hello guys! I not followed this forum since the summer or before! Any news about Bios? Any other better version was released?

And about the tricky sound (bips) from the soundbar of the notebook? It was been solved?

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk