PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Successfully Used a G751 with Vive/Oculus ?

aibrahi
05-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Does anyone here successfully used a Vive or Oculus on a G751 (with a 980m)?
I do understand that game will not run perfectly, but there is a lot of games out there that are not graphics intensive (like original quake running on Rift).

beliar1404
06-23-2016, 03:24 PM
Sorry for late reply but registering to that forum took forever.

Even if you got the answer already it may be useful for others.

Both Oculus and Vive need at least 1.4b HDMI which ours laptops don't have.

You need to use mini-display port and 1.4b compatible HDMI converter (I have Macally 4k).

With the converter both works perfectly fine on my 970m (although framerate may not always be great).

aibrahi
07-29-2016, 03:15 PM
Yes I got my HTC Vive for a while now and games are running perfectly no issues at all.
I have used a mini to mini cable (that supports 4K) to connect my laptop to my HTC vive.

Anawak
01-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Nice to hear that VR also works on this notebook! I have been asking if it will run in the G751 several times and I am happy that some users here can confirm that. I will stick to the PSVR for the time being, though but there seems to come some software option that make it possible to run this hardware on the computer, too.

Mrush
07-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Yes I got my HTC Vive for a while now and games are running perfectly no issues at all.
I have used a mini to mini cable (that supports 4K) to connect my laptop to my HTC vive.

What video card are you on ? I am on the GTX 970 M