PDA

View Full Version : G751JT Rattling Noise?

zeron
05-11-2016, 12:32 AM
Hey you all! I recently purchased a G751JT and loving it! I have found two issues with it. One is that I feel like my fans are blowing too loud?
I can hear it blowing in a dead silent room when I've read that this laptop is supposed to be really silent? Am I just overthinking this?

And the bigger problem is that whenever I play audio, the trackpad keys start to vibrate to which it creates this audible vibrating noise. I believe it is caused by the internal subwoofer since when I shut if off, it stopped. Is this normal or did I get a defective product? If I got a defective product, I will return this and pick up that new GL502 laptop that ASUS seems to have just released and take my gamble with that since it has the power that I want with the size that I need.
The G751 is massive. haha

Thanks for the help!

Cheetah
05-11-2016, 10:37 AM
.."I can hear it blowing in a dead silent room"......

I would think you should hear it spinning.....it is a fan after all.....:D

Rares95
05-11-2016, 01:42 PM
.."I can hear it blowing in a dead silent room"......

I would think you should hear it spinning.....it is a fan after all.....:D

Not if it's idle and under 45*

diogogmaio
05-11-2016, 02:59 PM
Same problems as usual.
About the subwoofer at maxkeep it a 30 level. Try to minimize the issue with that.
About the rattling that is not normal...at least a recently purchased equipment.
My fan rattled and the only away it managed to get fixes was....by replacing it :S so it could be something to RMA.
I tried to oil and before that i tried to give it a clean with compressed air.
No results. Only the replacement worked.

The vents are huge so don't forget to clean and protect in the best way possbile your equipment when using and not using it.

Cheers

zeron
05-11-2016, 03:42 PM
Same problems as usual.
About the subwoofer at maxkeep it a 30 level. Try to minimize the issue with that.
About the rattling that is not normal...at least a recently purchased equipment.
My fan rattled and the only away it managed to get fixes was....by replacing it :S so it could be something to RMA.
I tried to oil and before that i tried to give it a clean with compressed air.
No results. Only the replacement worked.

The vents are huge so don't forget to clean and protect in the best way possbile your equipment when using and not using it.

Cheers

I put a clean cover over my vents when I'm not using them cause it's just straight up massive to just let it sit open like that. :D

And my rattling noise isn't from my fan. It's whenever I play audio, there seems to be shaking (rattling) noise coming from the trackpad. I did what you said and it still makes the noise. I think the subwoofer vibrates the DVD writer as well, but that's to be expected nonetheless.
Additionally, with what you all said regarding the fan noise, I usually feel the right side of the laptop feeling a bit warm. Just few temps above the rest of the laptop. This is usual from when I play games and just doing light stuff like internet and such.
I am now convinced that I should get a replacement for this bad boy. Unless someone else can chip in and tell me that all of this is normal because Asus.

And if anyone can help me out here, since it seems like I might be returning this, should I just replace it with the GL502 Strix? (The model I'm planning to grab has the same specs, but has a 5400rpm 1 TB drive though. yuck.)

Not if it's idle and under 45*
Looking at my temps from Speccy, not sure how reliable you all think it is, my temps as of now (when I can faintly hear the fan) is 38 C for CPU, 39 C for Motherboard, 40 C for 970m, and 36 C for the storage.

This is my very first expensive purchase for a gaming laptop so I'm a bit paranoid about stuff. I appreciate all of the replies! :)

Anthony566
05-14-2016, 09:46 AM
Hi you should hear the fans when they are spinning as they are not totally silent but are quiet IMO ... as for the rattle this is a known issue you have a few options ...

1 reduce the base setting on the laptop
2 use external speakers
3 Return it for a replacement ( not sure this will resolve the issue )

Your temps look fine by the way.

I have mainly used my laptop with headphones on so this was never really an issue but external speakers will completely remove this issue.

Good luck.