PDA

View Full Version : Intriguing G SYNC gaming question with (non-G Sync) external monitor

diogogmaio
05-11-2016, 01:13 PM
G 751JY with G SYNC enabled here.
Gaming questions.

With laptop monitor everything 75hz, G Sync, no tearing...bla bla bla...

When connecting an external monitor without G SYNC (ASUS VG248QE in my case) I get some funny stories.

CSGO - projecting only in the external monitor and with G SYNC option enabled in the Nvidia Control Panel I get (stable, caped) 144 hz. When de selecting G SYNC in NCP, I get variable fps (always greater than 200).
So even if G SYNC is not working, is caping the framerate?

Rainbow Six Siege - same setup. With G SYNC enabled, I get 73/75hz constant, stable framerate in game (again on external monitor only). When deselecting the G SYNC option in NCP, I get 110/125 fps in game ( variable fps).

So why the difference between both games?
With G SYNC enabled --> cs go is caped at monitor refresh rate 144hz...siege is caped at 75hz....

Why the difference?
Finally, when not gaming in my G75JY monitor should I deselect G SYNC in Nvidia Control Panel or leave it on?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. - Unless I am mistaken, my ASUS VG248QE doesn't have the G SYNC module DIY kit. So is not G SYNC.

DeltaActual
05-11-2016, 02:01 PM
G-Sync will only work on your notebook screen, since it supports it. How do you expect it to work on your external monitor?/? Don't know about in-game FPS caps.

diogogmaio
05-11-2016, 03:11 PM
Your first sentence i am totally in agreement. The intriguing question is the fps cap and why gsync in a non external monitor is caping two different games in two different ways.

DeltaActual
05-11-2016, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure that G-SYNC can actually "cap" your FPS in the first place...
It's got to be something else.

diogogmaio
05-11-2016, 05:22 PM
The fact is that the only thing I do is disable in the control panel and the fps cap vanish. So i am pretty sure is that of course.

DeltaActual
05-11-2016, 06:10 PM
You better off asking this on Nvidia forums, me thinks.

diogogmaio
05-12-2016, 01:12 PM
I will do it.
I find it odd that no one in here didn't noticed this :S kinda odd.

But ok...i will post it to nvidia.