PDA

View Full Version : G74 sent to RMA with the following repairing description:

380mcn
12-27-2011, 11:06 AM
like i said, once i had time i would ship the G74 to Asus. Yesterday was the day.
In the repairing order one could read:

1. Dead Battery
2. Screen Flicker on low brightness
3. Erratic Touch pad
4. Squeaky Space bar

I will update this thread when g74 comes back!
hope you had a nice Christmas and a happy 2012.

BrodyBoy
12-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Best of luck....I really hope they do a good job for you!!

fostert
12-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Yep, best wishes...I'll be watching this one carefully. Whats the best case scenario? A new G74?

380mcn
12-27-2011, 03:19 PM
lol i would never believe in a new G74.. ..asus RMA has a lot of bad reputation in portugal.

PILGRIM
12-27-2011, 03:45 PM
lol i would never believe in a new G74.. ..asus RMA has a lot of bad reputation in portugal.

Same here. Good luck to you, too.

This makes me think also of the poor ASUS Care here in my part of China.
If it happens to me... (God forbid, it won't!:))

Vulkon
12-27-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm really looking forward to see their actions. Maybe I'll send mine too if they can solve those problems.

In mother language now: Bom Natal :P

BrodyBoy
12-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Whats the best case scenario? A new G74?
Not a chance! The best case is that they simply....successfully...fix the issues he's sending it in for.

chrsplmr
12-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Relax..it is a whole new ROG...asus has made sweeping changes across the
board...it is amazing really....i think as the year unfolds we will see a whole
new asus with an updated attitude....the Eee and the cloud..
asus really is on the cutting edge..always adapting...think appl'sus...

good luck... it is a shame though, the damage a few with lax
work ethics can do to all the efforts of the company..the little
people behind the keyboards...and tech tables that do it with passion.........
and ....with so many looking for work.

please keep us updated..
where it can be seen...and handled.

I love when someone comes in (not you sir, you came asking..as it should be)
expecting a terrible experience....get here...and find..
wait..
but...
what about...?
that was it ??? wow...thanks................

I have found that most are but one polite post away from
an effective resolution....c.

BrodyBoy
12-27-2011, 08:30 PM
There are no excuses for poor quality control. If there are employees with lax ethics and workmanship....well, that's who you hired, and that's the work you're shipping out. And there are no excuses for poor customer service. Companies prioritize these things, or they don't. It's not like Asus' reputation has been bruised by a couple bad apples...they have more than earned their reputation, on every level.

If they intend to change that, they have a lot to prove. They have not earned the benefit of the doubt.

PILGRIM
12-28-2011, 03:01 AM
There are no excuses for poor quality control. If there are employees with lax ethics and workmanship....well, that's who you hired, and that's the work you're shipping out. And there are no excuses for poor customer service. Companies prioritize these things, or they don't. It's not like Asus' reputation has been bruised by a couple bad apples...they have more than earned their reputation, on every level.

If they intend to change that, they have a lot to prove. They have not earned the benefit of the doubt.

Amen to that.

A company that generally makes good products, gives a good service.
But a company that generally makes good products and provides good costumer care, gives an excellent service.

fostert
12-28-2011, 03:32 AM
I hope you're right chrsplmr...the ROG users community deserve it for believing in the products and the name, for bearing this faith to new users across the world and for extending their welcome and support on behalf of ASUS (e.g. in this forum).

chrsplmr
12-28-2011, 03:49 AM
im right..the numbers prove it.... its that simple.

use the crosshair v for an example..... they were
wrong....a handful of blowhards left the stain...

and the truth be told out loud..alot of the issues
lead to the etailer and a retailer....

relax... no matter what..the most you will lose is
time...it will be resolved..ive seen it every time.

not one can come forward and say..it wasnt resolved..
even old issues brought to light get fixed....
dont know what more any company can be asked to do..

380mcn
01-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Almost 1 month later i have received the laptop:

1. Dead Battery - New battery installed
2. Screen Flicker on low brightness - SSDD (problem persists)
3. Erratic Touch pad - Best news i could get- Sentellic touchpad is no more! Synaptics touchpad installed!!
4. Squeaky Space bar - New keyboard!

other notes:
a) someone decided that i should have the win7PT. I installed win7 EN US from scratch. And now this machine is almost perfect (of course due to the new touchpad too!)
b)no need for wireless console to cycle through wifi / bt - the atk does the job!
c) i haven't installed KB filter! no need for that

once again thank you for jrd1sr for the updated drivers!
:cool:

like i said, once i had time i would ship the G74 to Asus. Yesterday was the day.
In the repairing order one could read:

1. Dead Battery
2. Screen Flicker on low brightness
3. Erratic Touch pad
4. Squeaky Space bar

I will update this thread when g74 comes back!
hope you had a nice Christmas and a happy 2012.

dstrakele
01-19-2012, 04:00 PM
@Chastity@ASUS has reported a resolution for the flicker at low brightness levels in that specific thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5536-Asus-G74-screen-flicker-(dark-backgrounds-and-low-brightness)&p=64937&viewfull=1#post64937 Unfortunately, he didn't discuss the details of the resolution. May be worth a PM from you, though...

380mcn
01-19-2012, 05:03 PM
@Chastity@ASUS has reported a resolution for the flicker at low brightness levels in that specific thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5536-Asus-G74-screen-flicker-(dark-backgrounds-and-low-brightness)&p=64937&viewfull=1#post64937 Unfortunately, he didn't discuss the details of the resolution. May be worth a PM from you, though...

(North American customers only, other customers please contact your regional ASUS Customer Support)

Portugal Asus Customer Support 'gave me the middle finger'!

dstrakele
01-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Portugal Asus Customer Support 'gave me the middle finger'!

Yeah - I get that from a lot of people I meet... Sorry to hear it.

I still am anxiously awaiting to hear details of the fix. Unfortunately, it is likely a hardware fix, since Chastity is calling for an RMA.

380mcn
01-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Yeah - I get that from a lot of people I meet... Sorry to hear it.

I still am anxiously awaiting to hear details of the fix. Unfortunately, it is likely a hardware fix, since Chastity is calling for an RMA.

+2
I would like to know in what consists the fix.

chrsplmr
01-19-2012, 05:30 PM
awesome, awesome, awesome..... ok, i wont say..i told ya so....ooops...i just did...fantastic..now go ROG something.c.

Thai09
01-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Relax..it is a whole new ROG...asus has made sweeping changes across the
board...it is amazing really....i think as the year unfolds we will see a whole
new asus with an updated attitude....the Eee and the cloud..
asus really is on the cutting edge..always adapting...think appl'sus...

good luck... it is a shame though, the damage a few with lax
work ethics can do to all the efforts of the company..the little
people behind the keyboards...and tech tables that do it with passion.........
and ....with so many looking for work.

please keep us updated..
where it can be seen...and handled.

I love when someone comes in (not you sir, you came asking..as it should be)
expecting a terrible experience....get here...and find..
wait..
but...
what about...?
that was it ??? wow...thanks................

I have found that most are but one polite post away from
an effective resolution....c.

Are you on drugs or something much worse, beer, maybe rice whiskey??

Asus is on a downhill rollercoasterride, their products sucks, and their RMA sucks, and their whole attitude sucks.

Want to know more??

Read my posts...

It donīt matter (intentional ghetto lingo, trying to keep up, or down with you stupid kids) - where you live on the planet, the "support" is just a pain in the butt!

Utilities?

Recommending WinFlash for Bios upgrade? Hohohohooo!!! Sure way to brick the thang...

Asus Live Update? Sucks bigtime...

And on and on and on in the same manner.

Thai09
01-19-2012, 07:20 PM
I hope you're right chrsplmr...the ROG users community deserve it for believing in the products and the name, for bearing this faith to new users across the world and for extending their welcome and support on behalf of ASUS (e.g. in this forum).

Hereīs another stupid moronic kid with no brain!

Hey Butthead, whatsup???

The ROG Community deserves a better product - thatīs all, but right now we are getting p!ssed on by idiots all over the world when you deliver a 2100 Euro G73JH for the 2nd RMA, with the same issue - GPU and Mobo - and you get it back with no keyboardlight and a 209 BIOS, which freezes the thing after 10 sec.

I wonder how the fu**** stupid idiots could clear/finalize this for the owner after 1― months of waiting?

Itīs horrible, itīs disgusting, and the worst part is that people apparently donīt give a sh**, yes, you kids, you donīt care.

Rant over, until next time...

xeromist
01-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Thai09,

You call me names, I can let that go because I don't care. However, I draw the line at personal attacks on the regular members of this message board. You're being warned to knock it off. You are free to speak your mind but do it in a more constructive and non-belligerent way or you can leave.

Copied to PM.

@Others: please do not respond to his above insults. Let it go rather than turning this into a flame war. Thank you.

Holy
01-20-2012, 03:21 AM
i can't wait to hear what happens =) (pertaining to the laptop)

380mcn
01-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Update

I was holding the laptop yesterday and i saw a little yellow surprises:

Scumbag Asus Portugal put 'Void Warranty if Seal Removed' in every part of the laptop INCLUDING IN THE EXPANSION COVER!
Let me get this straight: it is like losing auto warranty if i pop the hood!

WTF? I should have boought the MSI. For the 1st time i really think i should have bought the MSI laptop.

chrsplmr
01-24-2012, 04:10 PM
What?
That is the second dumbest thing I have ever heard. and all in one thread too.
Not the MSI part ...although ...

Why would they do this?
[good characterization: cant pop the hood..hahhaa..] but yea..
thats not funny....wuts this about Asus?? anybody see this before ??

Howz it run? All repairs correct?

380mcn
01-24-2012, 05:10 PM
apart from the screen flicker i have no complaint. they switched the sentellic touch with the synaptics.. and what a difference.

chrsplmr
01-24-2012, 05:14 PM
I hope they put those in..in the first place..

what do you attribute the flicker too??

380mcn
01-24-2012, 05:23 PM
JUST LOOK AT THIS: http://i.imgur.com/yqzOR.jpg

380mcn
01-24-2012, 05:30 PM
I hope they put those in..in the first place..

what do you attribute the flicker too??

PWM - Pulse Width Modulation
It is explained in this thread!

380mcn
01-24-2012, 05:32 PM
JUST LOOK AT THIS: http://i.imgur.com/yqzOR.jpg

I think they forgot to put a sticker on the battery and another in the lcd. so when i pop de battery or open the laptop the warranty becomes void :/
i have contacted asus saying i want to put 32gb, and that i want them to remove.

Yes, i'm considering RMA the laptop again so they remove the tiny paper seal..

dstrakele
01-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Geez! That is SAD! Whoever serviced your laptop should be sent back to training, or better yet, let go so someone more responsible can take his place... You don't need a certification to see the bottom is MEANT to be opened.

xeromist
01-24-2012, 07:49 PM
I would just remove it and all traces of it. It's a user serviceable panel so I would just pretend the sticker was never there. Chances are they would never even notice but if you did manage to get the same nitwit that put it there and he/she refused to service your machine I would escalate it to a manager.

BrodyBoy
01-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Agreed. I'd completely remove any stickers that weren't there when you sent it in.

xeromist
01-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Agreed. I'd completely remove any stickers that weren't there when you sent it in.

Well, I didn't necessarily mean that. The memory/HDD panel yes because they can't make up new rules, but if there are other stickers over chassis screws or something I would be more careful. He's likely dealing with a regional ASUS authorized third party so they are less predictable. I wouldn't remove stickers from non-user serviceable areas in case he has to send it to them again. They might record that stickers were placed and while one missing from a wrong location might not be noticed, no stickers at all would be obvious.

380mcn
01-25-2012, 10:23 AM
i have another sticker under the battery compartiment, that is, when i remove the battery there is 1 sticker there (probably hidding some screw) i fully understand the stickers, and sometimes there are stickers in the main HDD or in the original RAM, but frankly, having a sticker in the main cover makes me facepalm all the time.
at the moment i have no need to open it because i have 2hd of 500gb each, and 4x4gb 1333mhz ram, but in the future i'm planning for 32gb. I have ditched windows home premium because it only accepts 16gb ram max. (another WTF moment from asus)

this is a 'nice servicing' from asus portugal, because the machine doesn't have any sticker when in its original condition (as you all know!)
another small thing is, we are a f***** small country, so there is ONLY 1 REPAIR CENTER (in Viseu) so they do this (put stickers) in ALL ASUS machines that go to service!

P.S. if they can't get a standard forum to work how can they manufacture a laptop?