PDA

View Full Version : Maximus V Formula: Installing Windows 10

Moises2018
05-13-2016, 02:55 AM
Hello Guys,

I currently have my Maximus V Formula overclocked to 4.3 on Windows 7 Ultimate. But now i'm going to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Before i do a clean install of Windows 10 what are some necessary steps to take to avoid problems or for optimal installation?

For example:
1. Do I or should I unclock the system for the installation of windows?
2. I think my BIOS is about 2 years old, BIOS 1604, should I install the latest BIOS just because I'm installing new OS?
3. I only saw like two Beta Drivers under chipset, one for the Intel Management Engine Interface and the other for Intel Chipset (also for audio and video), would it be a good decision to install the "Beta Drivers" of the chipset?

Any other suggestions before doing the clean install of Windows 10 pro?

All help very much appreciated! :)

Chino
05-13-2016, 02:39 PM
Save your overclock settings to a profile and export it to an USB pendrive. Clear your CMOS and proceed with the Windows installation.

Moises2018
05-13-2016, 06:41 PM
Save your overclock settings to a profile and export it to an USB pendrive. Clear your CMOS and proceed with the Windows installation.

Hi Chino,

You're saying I should no load defaults but rather clear the CMOS instead?

Also, what do you recommend, should I update the BIOS since mine is 2 years old, but mainly since im installing this new version of Windows 10?

Thanks

Chino
05-13-2016, 06:48 PM
Whichever you want. Personally I clear the CMOS. As for the BIOS, stick with your current version since your system is stable with it.