PDA

View Full Version : Does ASUS live update actually work?

DVSSi
05-22-2016, 05:55 PM
I am curious as if ASUS live update actually works (as the title says). Again I am ashamed to say if but coming from Alienware they didn't update anythine short of you going to the Dell website to update. Basically ever time I check ASUS live update it says no updates available and I am sure there isn't at the moment since on day one of my getting the G752VY I went to the site and manually updated everything that required it. So in short (as I am sure you have come to this conclusion already). When a update is needed will ASUS live update actually perform as it should?

JustinThyme
05-22-2016, 06:28 PM
I disabled it. I got one or two notifications that it still took intervention on my part to do the update. Dont need another app taking up resources to do what doesnt amount to much of anything. I just go check the website every few weeks to see if anything as changed.

DVSSi
05-22-2016, 07:26 PM
Thanks.. Just wanted a second opinion on this. I am going to disable it now.

Clintlgm
05-22-2016, 07:34 PM
I don't have it install on any of my devices. As your seeing it doesn't seem to really do anything and I wouldn't take chances with any automatic updates regardless. I just go to the website and install the updates I think I want.