PDA

View Full Version : G751JL: Blinking Battery Indicator w/ Charging Issues

DrMantisToboggan
05-23-2016, 09:30 PM
Hey, I have had this G751JL for about 9 months now. A few days after the latest Windows 10 update, I have been having problems with it. The battery indicator has been blinking and it won't go to full charge. I have looked through some of the other threads similar to this topic, which allowed me to temporarily stop the blinking, though it starts back up within a day. That as well as with the charging issues gave me the thought that this could be a shorted battery. However, there seems to be some differences I have seen in comparison with my case and others.

While the battery won't fully charge and keeps stopping around the same spot, if I unplug the charge and plug it back in, it gives me another 1% every one to three cycles. I was able to get the battery from 88% to 93% doing this. This is making me think that the battery may not be shorted as the will significantly recharge using the aforementioned method. Other things leading me to this are that the charger doesn't seem to be pulling power from the battery during gameplay, this happened not to long after a Windows update, after the Windows update I didn't have the laptop off the charge much for a couple days, and I rarely let the the battery get low (I have gotten the low battery indicator maybe 5 time). When I have let the battery get low, it happens gradually, while usually doing school work or watching a movie/video(s). I have also never played a video game or downloaded something large off the charger.

I have powered the Laptop off with the button to stop the blinking, however, only temporarily. I have tried uninstalling the battery and re-scanning it back, to no avail. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'd prefer not having to send it in to be repaired, though I will if need be.

Chris345
05-27-2016, 02:37 PM
See Thread here also I started..

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?85292-G751JT-battery-only-charges-to-82

JustinThyme
05-27-2016, 03:57 PM
Its your battery.......