PDA

View Full Version : Maximus VIII Formula

JimmyH
05-29-2016, 07:54 PM
I have been doing some research in preperation for my next build. I currently have the ASUS Z170 Deluxe and became unstuck when it came to creating a WAP.

All the specs on the Deluxe, the M8F, and even the new Strix X99 boast 802.11ac WiFi and the ability of having a cloud at home; however, in the fine print when you
read through all the pretty pictures, it states that WIndows 10 does not support a WiFi hotspot. I thought the motherboard was Windows 10 ready, and what is the
good of me outlaying $600+AU to not have that functionality?

JimmyH
05-30-2016, 11:23 PM
Very, very unimpressed. I even spoke to my retail distributor and they had no idea the WiFi Hotspot did not work with Windows 10.

Emailed ASUS. Might consider after all these years changing to another company.

ASUS-OP
06-27-2016, 06:14 AM
I have been doing some research in preperation for my next build. I currently have the ASUS Z170 Deluxe and became unstuck when it came to creating a WAP.

All the specs on the Deluxe, the M8F, and even the new Strix X99 boast 802.11ac WiFi and the ability of having a cloud at home; however, in the fine print when you
read through all the pretty pictures, it states that WIndows 10 does not support a WiFi hotspot. I thought the motherboard was Windows 10 ready, and what is the
good of me outlaying $600+AU to not have that functionality?

Terribly sorry for the negative experience. I will help to bring this message to the design team to see if we are able to bring the software access point feature back in the near future.