PDA

View Full Version : spilled water on g751 jy

neveralone
06-04-2016, 01:38 AM
hello everyone, yesterday i spilled quarter cup of water on the laptop. i immediately turned off the laptop and unplugged the cables. i turned it upside down and waited for a day. next day i turned it on and everything worked except few keys of my keyboard. i took the laptop to local computer center and they cleaned the laptop. but still those keys did not work. they said that i should take the laptop to asus and change the keyboard. so i am wondering, how much will this cost me and how many days will take to change the keyboard? because im in exam session and i dont want to leave laptop for too long in asus. i hope that i explained well my problem. thanks in advance.

Ancients
06-04-2016, 02:44 AM
If you're still within your one year warranty period it should be a free fix. My experience with ASUS's repair turnaround was about a week. Two days shipping to ASUS, a few days of repair, and a few days to ship back. Your mileage may vary.
Assuming you are outside of your warranty period, the cost will be that of shipping, a new keyboard plate, and manpower. The keyboard is around $50 from third party retailers, I don't know what ASUS would charge in-house.

neveralone
06-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Thanks for replying, my warranty expired 2 months ago. In current condition of my laptop, would you think that water might reached motherboard or etc that will affect computer's performance on daily work and games. Because i did run games, they work perfectly fine.

Clintlgm
06-04-2016, 04:22 PM
All bets are off once you spill liquids on your notebook. you might get lucky or you most likely will find things beginning to fail until it will not run any longer.