PDA

View Full Version : Asus ROG OC panel

cobolt56
06-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Everytime I try to Overclock the CPU using one of the TWO OC options. (When you press the overclock button on the panel) the system warns me that to apply changes the system must restart and it does it without my consent. I don't want to restart the computer and shouldn't have to. I used to be able to just press the button and it used to just overclock the CPU automatically.
Is there a way to disable this and return to this previous resetup?
Thanks

ASUS-OP
06-27-2016, 03:36 AM
Everytime I try to Overclock the CPU using one of the TWO OC options. (When you press the overclock button on the panel) the system warns me that to apply changes the system must restart and it does it without my consent. I don't want to restart the computer and shouldn't have to. I used to be able to just press the button and it used to just overclock the CPU automatically.
Is there a way to disable this and return to this previous resetup?
Thanks

Hi cobolt56,

This really depends on whether the OC Profile applied does involve the change of BCLK frequency of your CPU, as this involves the change to your DRAM frequency, having it available on the fly will just cause BSOD instantly. Please kindly advice on the CPU frequency combination before and after pressing the OC button, and we will help you to check from there.

cobolt56
07-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Hi cobolt56,

This really depends on whether the OC Profile applied does involve the change of BCLK frequency of your CPU, as this involves the change to your DRAM frequency, having it available on the fly will just cause BSOD instantly. Please kindly advice on the CPU frequency combination before and after pressing the OC button, and we will help you to check from there.

I haven't done anything though; I used to just press the OC button and it overclocked various levels. Now it forces a system reboot which is irritating; defeats the purpose of a one click overclock....It's a 5960X @ 3GHz utilizing those buttons used to bring it upto 4Ghz -/+

ASUS-OP
07-04-2016, 02:14 AM
Hi cobolt56,

Can you please kindly advice if you have engaged X.M.P.? If yes, what frequency is it, and your BCLK Frequency x Turbo Ratio combination before pressing OC button on the OC Panel to help us look into this behavior for you.