PDA

View Full Version : g752vy and using g-sync on external monitor?

dntt7
06-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Hello good people,i plan to buy ASUS VG248QE monitor and use it with my laptop...i need few questions answered..

Since laptop have g-sync and monitor is g-sync capable..do i automaticlly get g-sync on monitor when i plug it to laptop or it doesn't function that way..if you get what i want to say.
Do i need to buy that g-sync thingy for monitor(which cost 200$ i believe)in order it to work?
What type of cable should i use to connect monitor to laptop...displayport??I heard that you should use 1.2..i dont think i can get that version in my country..

Thanks in advance.

kidfromhell
06-11-2016, 09:27 PM
Yes, monitor need to have G-SYNC separately in order to work. The inbuilt G-SYNC works ONLY on the notebook display. In that case, yes you SHOULD spend that extra $200 to get a monitor with G-SYNC.

JustinThyme
06-13-2016, 10:45 PM
i see nowhere that lists that monitor as being G Sync capable.

Im just bought an ASUS PG279Q monitor that is G Sync capable and has a 165hz refresh rate. For it to work correctly with the laptop I had to buy a mini display port to full display port cable. HDMI would not recognize the G Sync nor would it go past 60Hz refresh rate. I ordered the cable from Amazon, nothing special but no one seems to stock them. Best Buy Dork Sqaud tried to feed me some line of crap about Display port being slower and they are going away blah blah blah, I was like dude, have you seen the newest GTX 1080 card? Before you go spouting off your should know what you are talking about first. It has 3 display port connections for 3 monitor surround, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI-D.

MrRuckus
06-13-2016, 10:56 PM
Justin is correct. Looks like that's a 144Hz monitor, but it doesn't state it supports G-SYNC anywhere. It just looks like a high refresh rate monitor. As far as I know a G-SYNC monitor has to be labeled as such to support it specifically.

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/VG248QE/

JustinThyme
06-16-2016, 01:39 AM
As a contrast here is my monitor spec page that specifically says G Sync.

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/

Of course you are looking at your $250 monitor Vs my $800 monitor.