PDA

View Full Version : What features do you want in GPU Tweak?

_
12-28-2011, 06:06 AM
As title - what features do you want or think we are missing in GPU Tweak? Please list them below with a short description of what the feature should do.

http://event.asus.com/vga/2012/gpu_tweak/

madmav
01-01-2012, 06:04 PM
1. A safety switch - limiting the core voltage at a reasonable height. core voltage can be lifted when you know what you are doing. (user friendly overclocking)
2. A limit enhancer - core and memory can be unlocked above standard overclocking limitations (enthusiast overclockers) (for example: Amd's overdrive limits core speeds to 1000mhz, we can go higher on some cards)

usrpaul
01-13-2012, 06:03 PM
When clicking the close button, in stead of exiting, please make it minimize to the taskbar, I know sometimes people may be incident clicking on the close button ... :o. And please combine the GPU Tweak to any of graphic cards can be used with so everyone can use it, one more thing is we don't need to install separate tools to record videos like GamerOSD just to know that it's the reason why we crashed so much :o. Thanks for supporting

Dovber90
01-15-2012, 10:44 PM
I'd like an overlay in games (including bf3) that shows u the info available, gpu temp, fan speed etc as well as fps

Kronvict
01-15-2012, 11:11 PM
I'd like an overlay in games (including bf3) that shows u the info available, gpu temp, fan speed etc as well as fps

I second that request.

ColonelS
01-16-2012, 03:31 AM
the mighty GPU tweak!

So anyone tried it yet? discussion discussion!!!

theOgreking
01-21-2012, 05:02 PM
For it to work for my laptop XD

PCTaylor
01-21-2012, 10:12 PM
One thing I'd like to see is the ability to have two monitoring widgets open at once for multiple card users. I run an SLI configuration so being able to see the activity of each card would be very beneficial to me.

I'd also like to see ASUS put out more VBIOS for their cards, so that my identical cards, purchased within 6 months of each other, could have the same VBIOS, as opposed to different versions... but I don't think that's a GPU tweak feature :)

DaemonCantor
01-22-2012, 02:29 PM
It to make my Coffee in the Mornin' so I don't have to leave my computer every 2 mins...

Draecko
01-25-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm using an Asus 7970 together with an Asus GeForce 8800GTX as dedicated PhysX, however GPU Tweak won't let me select the 7970 to tweak it; it only lists the 8800GTX. GPU-Z however does recognize both cards, so I would like to see Multi-GPU support.

System:
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
AMD 1090T @3,917ghz
16Gb Corsair XMS @ 1,333ghz
Asus HD7970 @ stock
Asus 8800GTX @ stock

CloudD901
01-31-2012, 09:41 AM
Automatically default to an OC Profile when either:
a) Starting particular programs/games
b) Starting GPU Tweak

RoG
02-01-2012, 07:12 PM
A nicer compact skin & the update of the prog, so we can record our gameplay:D

s7n7a7k7e
02-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Would be awesome if there was an auto-tune feature similar to how AMD's Catalyst has.

Reilentless
02-07-2012, 03:45 AM
Could you guys look into adding the application to monitor usage, fan speed, memory clock etc to the G15 just like how EVGA Precision and MSI Afterburner have?

This just makes it easier to monitor your cards without having to ALT+TAB or anything like that. Thanks in Advance.

Martix
02-08-2012, 05:18 PM

Join us and beg, it allows you to completely forget about the Afterburner.
The idea of the program and convenience above all praise, is also not a bad feature would be taking screenshots.
Thanks, and sorry for my English.
I look forward to the new version :)

kimir
02-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Hi,

The auto fan speed setting need to be revised a little, my Matrix GTX580 SLI setup is warming up too much (especially the card near the processor), I had couple of black screen in BF3 (decreased since I put non beta driver and using user defined speed fan). Okey I'm overclocked but well, it's seems to be exactly the same with default gpu clock...
It would be nice if the user-defined configuration of the fan speed was kept after loading a profile (configured and saved with it) and not reset the fan to 0%. :mad:
And also would be great if the configuration defined look like a curve and not a staircase, like MSI afturburner.
This:
http://media.bestofmicro.com/W/6/279798/original/msi_afterburner-2.png
and not this :mad::
http://event.asus.com/vga/2012/gpu_tweak/img/tuning/user-defined-fan-speed-graph.png

The possibility to name the different profiles sounds good too.
I personally don't have the need to display things on Logitech G13/15/19 but it can be great to add that indeed. :cool:

@CloudD901
Your profile is automatically started when you check the "keep setting..." in Setting >> Tuning, below the display property.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

markes12344
02-10-2012, 11:29 PM
i second this suggestion,
as well i would like to see the SYNC CARDS setting to be able to be saved with the profiles.
I'm running a sli 560 system and every time i load my computer go to game, change profile. The first card changes, but second stays the same until i re choose to Sync Cards.

The User Define Fan setting also has been a pain trying to get to load for the second card while the first has it as it's setting, or vise-versa.

el terrible
02-13-2012, 12:38 AM
#1 I would like to be able to turn all GPU Tweak HOTKEYS off.
#2 I would love to be have a ON-SCREEN DISPLAY of FPS etc as a option when I'm playing games. Like all the other GPU software has.
#3 Most important: FREQUENT UPDATES on GPU Tweak and BIOS updates for the ROG graphic cards.
#4 I want to make it possible to remove the info bubble popup saying "Your graphics card is being monitored" and "GPU Tweak is running" on the system tray that lasts forever every time I minimize GPU Tweak and the Monitor program. This pops up every time I start my computer and I've found no way of disabling it. (maybe just adding a option to turn these bubbles off, like many other software has)

P_E_T_Z_I
02-16-2012, 07:11 PM
full support for asus Oc gear and the possibility to buy it without a graphics card :)
we need also need the option to fancontrol from 0-100% if u use a mineral oil case u really need it :D

markes12344
02-16-2012, 07:53 PM
full support for asus Oc gear and the possibility to buy it without a graphics card :)
we need also need the option to fancontrol from 0-100% if u use a mineral oil case u really need it :D

there is a fan control already on this software, just a bit finicky. Its right under the Fan Speed% slider in UserDefine.
PS did you use some Valsoline (petrolatum jelly) around your GPU sockets and CPU sockets, to protect the thermal past, as well as around your ports and wire sockets that leave the case, otherwise they will draw the mineral oil out and into them.

P_E_T_Z_I
02-16-2012, 10:15 PM
sry i dont use such a case ^^

kimir
02-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Holy Sh*t! I was trying to type the character "#" and finally figured out that it was GPU Tweak that use "ctrl + alt + 3" to select a profile that was blocking me. Damn, needs an update asap with the option to disable hotkeys! :mad:

Badt
02-19-2012, 09:33 AM
it would be nice if the new version of the gpu tool would support monitoring in the G15 display like with Afterburner.
and one more profile would be very nice in a new version.

markes12344
02-19-2012, 04:47 PM
a separate fan profile saver.

Baalaaxa
02-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Holy Sh*t! I was trying to type the character "#" and finally figured out that it was GPU Tweak that use "ctrl + alt + 3" to select a profile that was blocking me. Damn, needs an update asap with the option to disable hotkeys! :mad:

This!

I've had this problem since I first installed GPU Tweak. Currently I have to shut down the GPU Tweak to be able to type any of these characters on nordic keyboards: @ (CTRL+ALT+2), (CTRL+ALT+3) or $ (CTRL+ALT+4). Also, GPU Tweak steals the hotkeys in some games where you would have those keys assigned to something else.

GPU Tweak is a fine little utility, but damn, it really needs an option to disable or to reassign the hotkeys to something else!

kimir
02-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Oh! apparently there is an update of ASUS GPU Tweak, rev 2.0.5.3
link: http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?p=9&m=GPU+Tweak

No idea of what's new btw.

helrich
03-04-2012, 09:42 PM
I like the option to sync settings across cards (i.e. for SLI/Xfire), but at least the way it is worded currently, it looks like it syncs ALL cards regardless of GPU. I haven't tried it to determine this for fear of it actually trying to set my off-card to something that will cause a crash, but I like how Afterburner's setting syncs only same-GPU cards. If that's what GPU Tweak does, then that's great, but otherwise it would be a welcome feature!

humar
03-08-2012, 09:52 PM
HI,

I still have problems to type characters which are typed in combination with the (Alt-Gr) key ( the ALT key, right of the space key) Some characters have we to type that way like | (pipe), # (cross), { and } (accolades), [ and ] and a number of other important characters (Back-Slash by ex.). They are blocked by a running GPU-Tweak. So I am retuning back to Afterburner.
For the rest the latest version of GPU tweak seems OK.

Hugo

Ziver
03-14-2012, 05:14 PM
Need a logitech g15 gadget. İ want see my card info like temp, fan settings when i playing game.

mooseslayer
03-25-2012, 08:58 AM
would be nice with LCD support to logitech G series keyboard. i have bought the new GTX680 and cant us the tool you have becouse of no display funktion.

gaga11
03-26-2012, 05:59 PM
screen overlay (OSD) function would be nice... so u can see gpu clock, gpu usage, temperature... etc ingame

Raggz
03-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Frame limiter please!

lot1on
03-30-2012, 02:53 AM
1. NEEDS a fix for nordic keyboards (this is pretty silly - just give us an easy option to disable hotkeys)
2. Option to see fps on GPU tweak (and in game as well would be awesome)
3. Frame limiter
4. Design it way more minimalistic (I'm talking about the Full skin and the Full widget. Make them more space efficient).

Ziver
04-07-2012, 12:03 PM
screen overlay (OSD) function would be nice... so u can see gpu clock, gpu usage, temperature... etc ingame

This feature would be perfect! Please add this next update.

YartsevSA
04-09-2012, 05:01 PM

Vote for this! :)

Sarg_Scorpio
04-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Dont know if its been said but can it have a option to show monitoring on Logitech LCD keyboard displays like afterburner and Fraps do ? If So can you allow us to pick what we show there.

claydough
04-25-2012, 03:33 AM
MSI Afterburner's video capture implementation is awesome but-

If GPU Tweak's upcoming video capture featured "3D STEREO capture"...
I would easily return to the ASUS camp! ( Till then FRAPS has the only 3D stereo video capture solution I know of. )
Do not know if the performance FRAPS manages in 3D stereo can be improved? But I suppose any competition to their dominance would be useless/embarrassing if the rates could not at least be == FRAPS?

The last chance I gave GPU Tweak...
The only feature from the ver.1 that seemed unique ( auto alignment of voltage to core ) inspired confidence in ball park figure to begin testing. But is now no longer supported for my card EVGA GTX 480 ( which would be fine if they were not all reference design ) Which gives the impression that development resources are spent defeating advancements.

The performance feedback graphs windows gui had glitches in different type titling and interface overlapping or ending without enough room. Readability overall would be appreciated. The GPUID is nice ROG branded but it seems odd that it came without features? Particularly when you can get a fully featured version with ROG branding? ( I am wondering if I just missed some hotkey to bring in the different tabs? )

Thanks for asking.

Faster
05-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Please, I need to add voltage in four HD 7970 ;)

Lettuce
05-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Every time I hibernate my PC and I have the monitor window open in "full widget" skin mode, when I reboot it defaults back to the "full skin" mode. However even that is screwed up and covered in black rectangles.

dothackZealot
05-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Support for laptops would be great. I'd be able to get a power saving undervolt and underclock on my G73JH for battery and OC when gaming. I'm trying to get as much battery life out of this thing as I can.

Psychor
06-25-2012, 04:53 AM
1. Option to see the graphs for multiple GPU side by side (like Nvidia Inspector)
2. Frame limiter option for games (like Nvidia Inspector)

Arniebomba
06-27-2012, 01:00 PM
1. Side by side GPU configuration when running SLI
2. a stability check (like Kombuster)
3. More "save profile" buttons
4. Automatic tweaker (like auto OC for CPU)

muppen
06-28-2012, 02:54 PM
When gpu tweak is running i cant type @ ...............

19Micke71
07-03-2012, 03:42 PM
1. Separate fan controllers when using multiple GPU cards (differs 12C between mine, so the upper card needs to run slightly faster)
2. Target max value for temp on auto, making the fan increase speed until target is met (auto now on idle is 59C for upper & 47C for lower card)
3. Auto overclock within userdefined parameters (min-max)
4. Support for Logitech G15 display
5. Monitor window displaying all cards in (2, 3 or 4 way) SLI, or as an alternative displaying 1 window for each card
6. Resizeable monitor window
7. Allow any hotkey config instead of Ctrl + Alt + * or an option to remove/disable hotkeys

Rossi~
07-06-2012, 06:04 PM
THE ABILITY TO BE ABLE TO USE THE UTILITY!!!

I have a GTX 580 Matrix Platinum and a GT 520 for additional monitors.

Whenever i try to overclock the GTX580 it will overclock the GT 520 as well!!! the "Sync Both Cards" option is greyed out!!! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THIS AS IT HAPPENS ON ALL VERSIONS APART FROM 1.10 which is soooo badly unstable.

nicoliani
07-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Please an option to turn off the Hot Keys. I can't use "@" when GPU Tweak is enabled.

_
07-20-2012, 06:17 AM
The recent feedback has been submitted to the VGA team, thanks everyone.

The @ key is a known issue and is #1 on the list.

lenehan
08-07-2012, 03:07 PM
I would like to have our own stess, benchmark similar to Kombuster or even better. A unique program of benching for ROG and Asus.

MrRyaz
08-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Not sure if any of these have been said before but im just writing a brain dump...

-Gradual fan speed control in the user defined setting so that it does not just alternate between 30% speed and 70% speed (as an example) every 2 seconds, which does my ears in.
-Resizeable monitor window so i can view more values without having to use the non shiney version :P
-Values for both GPU's in the monitor window so that you can monitor both in the same window without having to minimise
-OSD for ingame temps etc
-Recording ;)

that is all :D

WolfSoul
08-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Perhaps the user defined setting make a curve instead of something that looks like stairs

MrRyaz
08-18-2012, 07:42 AM
What WolfSoul said... do that rog programmers :)

frederickpca
08-19-2012, 01:06 PM
I can not synchronize the two vgas, for them the boost they different from each other, I set at 1165mhz and 1210, but when rebooting the system, only one is the way left, the other back to the factory profile. When I'm in the system everything works the way I leave, but the gpu tweak unsafe configuration that saves left for one of two vgas.

lenehan
08-19-2012, 05:29 PM
I suggest to have it run on the backgrouund and stop the pop up from the task bar.

Pandur
09-06-2012, 03:57 PM
And also would be great if the configuration defined look like a curve and not a staircase, like MSI afturburner.
This:
http://media.bestofmicro.com/W/6/279798/original/msi_afterburner-2.png
and not this :mad::
http://event.asus.com/vga/2012/gpu_tweak/img/tuning/user-defined-fan-speed-graph.png
THIS! The lackluster fan profile setup is the only reason I'm still using Afterburner instead of GPU Tweak for my Asus GTX670.

kimir
09-08-2012, 08:18 PM
I tried using afterburner and evga precision but both doesn't support the GTX580 Matrix -_-

gmcosta
09-13-2012, 02:44 PM
I bought the asus 7970 directcuii 925mhz edition, I saw gputweak on ads have a Record gameplay function, but until now, the feature it's not available.

When do you plan to release the version you show on your ads?
It should be released on march, then later it was delayed to q3, we're in september and till now, nothing released.

When I started this post the image verification, the word displayed was my feeling right now: "indignation".

Look the coincidence: http://postimage.org/image/4bmml5wzt/full/

gmcosta
09-17-2012, 06:53 PM
I bought the asus 7970 directcuii 925mhz edition, I saw gputweak on ads have a Record gameplay function, but until now, the feature it's not available.

When do you plan to release the version you show on your ads?
It should be released on march, then later it was delayed to q3, we're in september and till now, nothing released.

When I started this post the image verification, the word displayed was my feeling right now: "indignation".

Look the coincidence: http://postimage.org/image/4bmml5wzt/full/

Come on ASUS, why make a community if you don't listen and answer....
There's no sense to do this.

Scooter Brownstone
09-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Hard to change something that works so well. I would like to see APU-T (CPU-T+GPU-T) with experience level settings so the pros as well as the beginners feel comfortable pulling switches and yankin levers. Of course the saftey net to catch the fool hardy would have to be improved. Just a thought.

__Scooter B.

areppon
09-29-2012, 11:41 PM
It's super disappointing that I seem to find all the products that the creators will not support. You said you won't develop GPU Tweak for notebooks because doing it for PC is more demanding and requires more work? Fine, make a version for G-Series since you can crank one out a hell of a lot faster anyway (according to the excuse given of why not) rather than making half of your customers wait through an unnecessary period of development of more difficult products. Why not crank something out for us so we can have the benefit, then, you can benefit from feedback from us and take notes while you work on perfecting the PC version. Then when you're done, use the knowledge you gained to make an equally powerful version for G-Series. Y'all made these great laptops and then just left us hanging to show favor to your desktop customers.

Thanks for nothing

Andrew Humphries
11-02-2012, 09:56 AM
I agree with the suggestion about a safety ceiling for beginners. GPU Tweak appears to be a very powerful tool that in inexperienced hands could cause physical damage to ones hardware. Another pre-set Profile to choose?

zabusa
11-30-2012, 05:13 AM
Support multiple (different cards) - i use a 2ndary card so i can have 2x1440p displays - one out of the Matrix and one out of a Geforce 7800GT

But GPU Tweak wont let me select the Matrix when both are plugged it.

Please fix this.

I bought the matrix because it had 2xDVI outs, both with 24pin connectors that LOOKS like 2xDL DVIs...but one of them can only be Single Link

It's ridiculous that i spent $500 on a card that doesnt have 2xDL DVIs when 5xx Geforce cards have them as standard, or id have to get a $120 DP -> DL-DVI Active Adapter.

Heav3n
12-01-2012, 03:57 PM
+1, same problem, cannot choose gpu properly when different cards are plugged in ...

B0UJI
01-30-2013, 03:30 AM
I'd love it if you could implement the OSD overlay that Afterburner has, means I can have GPUTweak show FPS/USAGE/Frametimes during gameplay.

markes12344
01-30-2013, 04:03 AM
Logitech G19 app for the screen. ie FPS, Time, Heat...
Save what profile was last chosen, during next boot. (Profile 3 chosen, system restart Profile 3 still chosen, not default nothing)

There is a constant start up glitch with the Monitor, the Settings grey box area where one can change the order of the readings, will stay on screen right after start-up even when GPU tweak has been minimized.

Rossi~
01-30-2013, 07:55 PM
I want it to be Afterburner just with support for the voltages and fan controls.
GPU Tweak is still the worst piece of overclocking software i have used. Unstable, profile doesn't load automatically, still can't burn settings, monitor glitches up frequently.
Leave it to die and pay MSI some money to support ASUS high end stuff.

Thirteenth
02-10-2013, 10:31 AM
I've never try GPU Tweak before, cuz my friend said it doesn't have OSD to show FPS in game. So could u please add this feature

GRML4D
02-11-2013, 08:35 PM
I tried it after my sabertooth was ON with 2 ati 5970 and one gtx570 and was getting very hot in some part of the loop .
I was , and still be , searching for an automatic undervolting and underclocking when temperature gets very high .

may be some report about that when player is back to desktop . about the gpu and temps with times so he ll learn where to "inject" a radiator in the loop ;'] .

edit : it is the good behavioral of the latest NVidia titan ;']
so all future gpu should do that

MtDustB
02-28-2013, 12:23 AM
My ultimate wish is simply to introduce the ability to access & tweak each GPU card's clock/voltage-if-supported configurations when two different cards are installed on the mobo. right now if 2 different cards are installed on the mobo GPUTweak is utterly useless..

zero_l0gic
02-28-2013, 06:48 PM
an addon for Logitech keyboard display ( g15, g19, g510) Temperature, clocks... even better if we could choose what it shows , and a stress test would be cool, some basic stress test that could be used for quick testing(just like a mini 3dmark nothing spectacular just something that will make full load on the card) or extensive test (same as quick just it has lets say "safety feature" that will shut down the test or the whole computer if needed due to temperature rising over dunno 80-100 Celsius even better if i can set it where it needs to turn it of)

pwk
03-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Separate fan setting for 2d/3d mode.

Mr.DJ
04-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Video recording, FPS control, GPU Temp FPS monitoring while playing like evga precision :D :D :D

Mr.DJ
04-19-2013, 06:05 AM
oohhh!!!! i never reach 95'C on ma gtx 670 DCU2 :confused:

Zka17
04-19-2013, 12:32 PM
oohhh!!!! i never reach 95'C on ma gtx 670 DCU2 :confused:

For that, you just need better cooling... :cool:

nickolp1974
04-24-2013, 10:35 PM
I'd like something to keep my core voltage stable!
When running at full load and 1.4v it varies from 1.28-1.4125v

sectionate
04-26-2013, 12:38 AM
I would like the ability not to have it constantly run after I close it. So I dont have to use processhacker and kill the tree

elisest
04-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Yeah definitely would like to see separate fan profiles for SLI configurations, my cooler card of the two really doesn't need as much cooling

Think1st
06-17-2013, 09:57 AM
+1 to separate fan profiles.

Hi this is my first post and I haven't looked through the whole forum yet. So I might just be missing something basic.
I have GPU Tweak running on second monitor while gaming to monitor my cards.
Is there a way to have 2 or more Monitor windows? One for each card in SLI.
I'd settle for 2.
Exiting / Pausing game / test to flick between cards in that little drop down at bottom of Monitor window is not cutting it.

Thx

*COSMO*
07-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Confused. I DL the GPU TWEAK and get the BIOS FAIL TO LOAD error. Is this thing working or per the above still in production?

quickkill2021
07-12-2013, 02:15 AM
I would like this program to have all the functionality as sapphire trix and msi after burner

Nospheratu
07-27-2013, 10:42 AM
1. Option to display memory frequency at the actual base clock (This seems to be the industry standard).
2. Implement the same functionality that Afterburner provides with the -xcl switch that unlocks voltage control.
3. Option to create our own skins if possible.

Everything else seems to work really well and is much more crossfire friendly than other utilities. I use RadeonPro for all my other needs including FPS overlay. For those users complaining about the notification popping up on the system tray just "Hide Icon and Notifications" for GPU Tweak in Windows.

edit: okay I jumped the gun a bit. Afterburner has to be run with the -xcl parameter in order for GPU Tweak to be able to control the voltage.

warmmilk
08-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Video recording, FPS control, GPU Temp FPS monitoring while playing like evga precision :D :D :D

I'd love to see FPS monitoring in GPU Tweak

liberato87
08-16-2013, 10:27 PM
on screen display!!!

warmmilk
08-21-2013, 07:13 PM
So I went back to the beginning of this thread and saw that people have been asking for FPS display since January of last year. Does Asus have any plans to implement this? I'm hoping Marshall or someone from Asus can answer this.

ffspcgamer
08-27-2013, 12:01 AM
i would like screen and game recording to become avalable because i want to test if it's better than fraps and all the other screen recording software, i will be more than happier to test it out when it's released.

Moinaldo
10-28-2013, 03:48 PM
OSD please. Having a Matrix card it'd be nice to monitor Vdroop, MemTemps and everything else.

Buehlar
11-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Another vote for OSD

Gold333
11-24-2013, 05:59 AM
I cant believe no one here is awake enough to realise that the most important missing feature is to raise the minimum permissible voltage on Kepler's to 1175 (as opposed to the 1150 it is set to now). Even that 0.025mV fluctuation is 4 fps up and down arbitrarily.

ASUS GPU Tweak is the ONLY GPU oc program that is useful!

EVGA Precision X has inconsistent mhz values from one load up to the next (when comparing side by side with GPU-Z), so absolutely useless for overclocking, MSI Afterburner (essentially the same as Precision X) doesn't even allow you to change or monitor voltages. How useful is that!

merlin01
11-27-2013, 03:21 AM
I'd like to see the "Sync all cards" feature implemented more intuitively - Like check boxes for each card perhaps, instead of wondering if RED text means ON or OFF... Who Knows???
Also, v.2.4.9.2 does not SAVE "sync all cards" settings to any profile - I'd like to see this fixed so I don't have to tell it what to do every time my computer reboots.

XGHOSTX
12-01-2013, 01:37 AM
Personally, I would really like the recording feature to work.
I would also like to see the overlay interface for gaming.

Bonedaddy
12-08-2013, 05:16 AM
I have a Asus r9 280X DCII and an I have a Asus r9 280X DCII Top, and I can tweak only the non-top. WTF?! This is ridiculous! :mad:

tic42
12-15-2013, 04:51 PM
The ability to set fan to 10% as its the minimum for asus r280x matrix in the ati control panel. The gpu tweak will allow only as high as 20%.

NoRecoil
12-23-2013, 04:53 PM
add memory voltage controll for the r9 280x top

Blackkatt
12-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Hi!

First, I would like a change log for every new update...(and that AGT actually sees new updates)
Second, I would love to see something like "Fraps" and possibly something like RivaTuner...
Third, Option to set default monitor to run on
Forth, I'll like being able to type "@" on my keyboard when hotkeys are enabled :p ...
Fifth, I would like to see an option to enable/disable saved profiles (and load default) from command prompt. (Windows) If not, I like to be able to load the default profile with the hotkeys.

Why? Well, I start multiply programs and activate other things when its "game time"

*ASUS GPU Tweak (ofc)
*RivaTuner Statistics Server
*Fraps
*HWiNFO64 (for RivaTuner, display CPU, GPU Load and that kind of stuff)
*Change MS Windows Power config to High performance"
*Enable USB where X360 receiver is connected
*Ultramon to change main monitor (to tv) and disable (pc monitor)

All is done simultaneously, the problem here, is that I have to use EventGhost to emulate keystrokes to load profile for AGT. And like I said, if hotkeys are enable I cannot type "@" so this is not a working solution...

And what is ASGT service for???

Aleks95PT
01-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Downloading ...

COLDSTATIC
01-03-2014, 12:26 AM
Dont know if its been mentioned but i would like to be able to tie profiles into games. For example when planetside2.exe is running it will use profile 1. I switchg profiles when i am not gaming to the power saving mode and its kinda tedious.

I got the idea from my razer mouse. When x program is active it uses these settings but in y program it uses these settings.

Stealthbomb
01-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Add support for lower rpm on the GTX 780 DCII OC (and all new DCII coolers running this new 2 different fans design). I can't get mine below 1130rpm (37%). Tried lowering the fanspeed using GPU Tweak, Afterburner and Precision X. The card itself is 5 degrees above room temperature in idle and that's just pure overkill from those fans. It's annoying because the graphicscard is the only thing I hear in my room, my old 670 DCII was dead silent in idle and this clearly isn't.

Octopuss
02-27-2014, 09:05 PM
I'd like to see a changelog as a feature.

InFAMAS-ONE
04-02-2014, 07:21 AM
I have recently got a Poseidon Platinum GTX 780 - Awesome card btw!
I'm using GPU Tweak with this card, and have found my way around everything. I do have a couple of issues with it though...
GPU Tweak saves all my sttings for the next start up EXCPET the Max GPU voltage and the GPU Max temp, it always reverts to 1150 instead of the 1170 that I have set it to. It's doing this because it's not activating the actual PROFILE on startup; it's just loading the clock speeds that were set when I select the option "Keep settings for next start on close of application". And here lies the problem. It's only saving settings, but not all of them.

Basically, what I'd like to see, is an enhancement added to the startup options. I'd like it to be reconfigured, so that you can select a specific PROFILE for start up, instead of saving the current settings for start up.
In regards to the voltage and max GPU Temp settings; when my computer starts, my GPU clock speeds, power target, fan settings are all configured correctly, and this is all saved to "Profile 1". However, the "Profile 1" button is not highlighted red. If I then click that "Profile 1" button, the max voltage and max GPU temp I had set will be restored.

From what i can tell, it's saving the clock speeds, but not actually initializing the profile they are saved to on startup. I'd like the software enhanced so that it starts up and activates a PROFILE, not just most of the settings associated with it.

The first screenshot you see here is of GPU Tweak on Startup. As you can see, "Profile 1", or any of the profiles for that matter, are inactive, and therefore some of my settings are missing. They return when I activate the profile as you can see in the second screenshot, so it'd be good if you could configure GPU Tweak to startup with a profile activated, and not just with half your settings. I hope that makes sense.

Cheers.

Szaby59
05-01-2014, 08:28 PM
- Custom profiles for 2D/3D with voltage controls.
- Extended overclocking/downclock limits
- Game OSD support

Duke of Alinor
05-03-2014, 05:22 PM
I may be missing how to do this but I cannot set a maximum fan.
I suggest making a fan curve that the user can adjust. No two cards are the same and many of us have modded out cards. A fan curve with multi point adjustment via a graph would really help. It would allow us to dial in fan speeds to keep our card stable. Currently my card's BIOS is poorly done, too loud on cold days, so hot it crashes on warm days.

magic carpet
05-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Pls. remove that horrible balloon message in the tray at startup.

Thanks
M_C

emeritoaugusto
05-10-2014, 09:54 PM
export GPU MONITOR sensors to OSD for in game monitoring .

Vheom
05-13-2014, 11:26 PM
Autotune like the Dual Intelligent Processors 5

nysasus
05-25-2014, 06:30 PM
memory voltage supports on r9 280 and 280x top models...

1stcowgirl
05-26-2014, 05:38 AM
if my next card will infact be ASUS _ (though as for today i dont think so due to the heat issue and the lack of an official statment from asus) _ (i mean we registrated the product, a mail explaining the heat issue would have been a changer) _ (alot of speculation out there, misplace of sensor, temps are in specs, bad contact, bad thermal... and more).....

anyway:

I would like to have the option to EXPORT the profiles to a file and the be able to save them (and IMPORT them when needed).
i would also like the option to monitor the VRM temps.
and an option to pull and extand the UI would been great.

\thank you.

Dicehunter
05-26-2014, 11:09 AM
The baloon message in the tray at startup, Kind of annoying

FlyingKiwi
05-30-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm using GPU Tweak with my humble GT630 (SL Series 2 GB) card and have a number of improvements I'd like to see:
1. Support for Windows 7 'Larger/150%' Display setting (my resolution is 1920x1080 but I must select 'Larger' or the fonts and icons are small). With Windows at this setting there are lots of truncated and overwritten fonts - graphically the GPU Tweak GUI is a nightmare (both with and without the skin) and for software intended for use with a Graphics card this justifies prompt attention.37146
2. Please ensure the missing GPU related information relating to the GT630 GPU is available in GPU Info (currently there are blank/incorrect entries eg the die size is 0 mm squared and it has 0 million transistors - I've heard of miniaturisation but this is ridiculous).37147
3. Clicking on the Settings->Hot Key tab should not make my default Windows 7 mouse 'Snap To' feature send the curser off to the bottom of the screen (the other tabs on this screen work fine, having no effect on cursor position).
4. Please ensure the Tooltips work more reliably for the profiles. Clicking the G (or S) profile buttons doesn't result in the tooltip appearing and often clicking G results in 'GPU Tweak has stopped working' messages as per the screenshot.37145

Ne0killer
07-09-2014, 07:05 PM
I don't know much about computers but i think the GPU Tweak should have a button that when you click on it sets the GPU Tweak to best high overclock settings recommended for your computer. :D

Nate152
07-10-2014, 03:31 AM
I would like to see On Screen Display in GPU Tweak.

meankeys
07-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Is there a remote version of GPU Tweak? Like RC Tweaker

gh0stn
07-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Decided to try GPU Tweak because, last beta I checked, Afterburner only unlocked the voltages on my primary card but not the other in my crossfire 7790's setup.
However..

http://i.imgur.com/unrTw1V.jpg

I would just like some accurate voltages from the regulator. My games are consistently crashing as a direct result of GPU Tweak failing to deliver. Above is a pick of the in game voltage just after Heroes and Generals crashed on me.

EDIT: Nevermind that screencap. Got in game and crashed instantly, then got so mad that I didn't realize that I hadn't raised the voltage from stock. Anyways, it has been an issue that I've been dealing with, but seemingly in versions previous to the current 2.6.6.8 build. The voltages are still not quite getting to where I set them, but I'm not actually crashing as much (if at all) in the newest version.

Guess then I'd like to see the framerate/temp/usage overlay that Afterburner has.

EDIT 2: Nope. I dunno what it is, something's not right about GPU Tweak and how it handles my 7790's. Therefore; it's wrong - and I can't use wrong. Even set to the predefined GPU Tweak profiles, my games are crashing or at least chopping horribly. Before GPU Tweak was installed, I didn't have these problems with just AMD's catalyst control center installed.

Can't use until fixed.

PurSpyk
08-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Just the ability to detect the cards correctly in Sli. The current version gets the cards confused. Shows correctly in Nvidia Control Panel, but in GPU Tweak, card 1 is listed as 2 and visa versa. There also seems to be an issue with set min voltage, this option does not remain selected. The ability to smooth the curve in the fan profile.

MatsGlobetrotter
08-05-2014, 01:21 PM
what do I want in GPU tweak... hmmmm

1. buttons that are not miniscule to push up or down the various settings.
2. a proper user interface..... if i press a preset configuration then somehow the system updates automatically with no indictions that it has actually done so... keep having to start GPUS Z to confirm settings and even to test with rendering.
3. why a crazy pulldown list for seeing various GPUS' why not just simple tick boxes to show if one or more GPU's are arctivated and also in sync on settings.
4. on the main screen the ability to see IF SLI is active or not and to see the speed actually activated for both GPU and memory.
5. to be able to turn on and off SLI in GPU tweak rather than having to go back and forth to the Nvidia Gefore stuff.
6. remove all the unessential information in the GPU tweak screen and simply put the graph of GPU speed on all cards upfront so we can see if the clock speed is reducing during load of it it remain consistent.
7. A secondary screen with the sensory data that is covering more than one card at a time. If I run multiple cards I dont care if one is running full speed only .. I need to see what all of them are doing without having to jump screens.
8. Overall suggest to also back off on the graphic design of the GPU tweaker. I know we want it ROG;d but its to overboard to be useful.
9. Appropriate scalability of fonts and buttons when using higher DPI fonts which is a must on anything above 1920 x1080P displays.

Those are the immediate ones I come to think of since using it frequently over the last 3 months.

meankeys
08-06-2014, 12:07 AM
Mat that sounds great. I agree-

moheban79
09-06-2014, 09:26 PM
I would like support for more than one gpu as I can not for the life of me figure out how to do that if its possible at all?

Thanks

InFAMAS-ONE
09-07-2014, 07:15 AM
Hi Marshall; I hope you're still monitoring this forum.

I have an issue with GPU Tweak, where it doesn't load a PROFILE when the program starts. It loads the clock speeds I have set for the GPU, and memory, but does NOT load the voltage I set, nor does it load the Power/Temperature targets, as shown below.

This is how GPU Tweak loads when I start up my PC. As you can see, my clock speeds are there, but voltage/power/and temperature targets are at default. There are no profiles selected.

I have to manually select "Profile 1" which is the profile I used to save my overclock. Now the voltages etc are correct. I have to do this every time I start my PC.

As you can see here, I have selected the option to keep the settings at the next boot, but it doesn't keep all settings.

Can you guys PLEASE include a setting where we can select a complete PROFILE to be loaded when the program starts up at boot, in order to fix this problem. It's not just this PC that does it either btw. I have tried re-installing the program as well, it did it when I was running Windows 7, and still does it after upgrading to Windows 8.1.

I think I may have requested this once already, but am doing it again in the hopes of perhaps a response, but a fix would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Guys :)

InFAMAS-ONE
09-07-2014, 07:27 AM
Just the ability to detect the cards correctly in Sli. The current version gets the cards confused. Shows correctly in Nvidia Control Panel, but in GPU Tweak, card 1 is listed as 2 and visa versa. There also seems to be an issue with set min voltage, this option does not remain selected. The ability to smooth the curve in the fan profile.

^ This! So true! detects card 1 as card 2, etc

erix_jansen@hotmail.com
09-11-2014, 08:36 AM
I only use it for the fan and core clock. But it is butt ugly, childish SuperHero SpaceInvaders looks and buttons are SMALL!

Give it an adult facelift, even better: COPY THE LOOKS FROM AI SUITE 3 and you are ready to go! ;)

Dicehunter
10-15-2014, 11:18 AM
I'd like to see 4 things done to perfect this software in my eyes -

1. A more stable software, I find it crashes quite a lot

2. Better over volting options seeing as on the 980 Strix we have the option of putting the volts up to 1.265 but it never actually goes beyond 1.21 no matter what you do.

3. Let us have a neutral black theme for the program, Exactly the same in form and function as the default skin but no red in sight.

4. And the last 1 more of a ease of use thing really, Automatically apply a profile of your choosing upon startup that works properly.

Nyralim
10-16-2014, 08:29 AM
Another idea: How about some pre configured fan curves, which can be applied immediately? They would serve good for different gpu models I guess.

Dicehunter
10-17-2014, 02:51 AM
First and foremost should be better stability, I've never seen a piece of software crash so much, It's good but very delicate.

wanginator
10-28-2014, 05:18 PM
RTSS overlay support would be grand

noxcivi
11-10-2014, 08:33 AM
I'm on version 2.7.1.8 and the feature I miss most is the automatcally loading of a selected profile, when GPU Tweak starts up. It is really nasty that my custom fan speed settings are not active at startup. Manually selecting a profile every time the program starts is NO solution to that. I'd like to compare that to the deselecting of ask.com-toolbar on java update installer - to the power of ten!

Shinpachi
12-30-2014, 06:00 PM
"Restore profile/frequencies when I log on to Windows": it's amazing not having such a basic functionality ! :confused:

s74r1
01-11-2015, 12:30 AM
1. "Apply overclocking at System Startup" - virtually all the other OEM GPU utilities have this function.
2. RTSS (Rivatuner Statistics Server) optionally bundled with GPU Tweak for hardware monitoring overlay and such.
3. Clock sliders moving by whatever clock steps your GPU supports (such as 13.5MHz steps on Maxwell)
4. Settings being remembered... such as "Remove Skin", or when changing from GPU1 to GPU2 all the sliders that I wanted hidden come back.
5. More configurable monitoring graph (like the ability to monitor two GPU's)
6. Control over Digi+ VRM Phase Tuning profiles and Load-Line Calibration on Digi+ VRM video cards. It's the same chip used on Asus motherboards, why can't this be configurable? I'm getting too much vdroop causing PerfCap: VRel.
7. KBoost-like functionality?
8. Full manual override of everything! kidding... I know this isn't gonna happen.

heichalot
01-23-2015, 07:05 AM
When clicking the close button, in stead of exiting, please make it minimize to the taskbar
simple, yet effective
I'll second this request

Maxter
02-06-2015, 10:05 PM
Very simple... I would like it to recognize my GTX 960 STRIX so I can perform OC. Tuning windows is empty, though it recognizes the card sensors.

Bent Onside
02-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Today, somehow my fan curve got borked. All of the points went away, there was only one point at 0,0 - of course I did not notice it before running unigine heaven, I did noticed when gpu 1 spiked ot 90c and the fans went beserk. I immediately closed everything.

It would be nice to have a warning, or requirement that you need to have atleast one point so this would not happen.
2.7.5.0 version

Bent Onside
02-24-2015, 05:05 PM
The baloon message in the tray at startup, Kind of annoying

In the meantime, you can click the little wrench in the notification balloon, the set gpu tweak and monitor from "only show notifications" to "hide icon and notifications" well, at least in win 7, dunno if it works that way in win 8.1

AMD_Man_Clav
03-04-2015, 07:40 AM
Simple request:

Let the STRIX 980 cards have their GPU and VMEM voltages adjusted via GPU Tweak. The cards already overvolt by 60mv as delivered, just let people adjust them up to 1.3 max on gpu and 1.725 max on vmem.

Being forced to buy a matrix, solder the ln2 pad, enable the ln2 bios just to have full software contorl is absolutely absurd, and there is a certain other company that allows full control as delivered with no soldering...

btripp2
03-22-2015, 06:17 AM
Load last settings/profile on startup....it's a must.

aoch88
04-17-2015, 07:35 PM
Seriously, we need OSD. Why can't GPU Tweak incorporate that along?!

Dicehunter
05-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Well the last 2 releases, 2.8.2.0 and 2.8.0.8, Both crash on startup so a stable version would be nice :)

Dicehunter
06-06-2015, 01:44 AM
How about 2 simple things from you Asus -

1. Actually announce you have a new version of GPU Tweak out instead of us having to go hunting.

2. Include a change log.

moheban79
06-06-2015, 02:01 AM
Make it so when you have more than one gpu it correctly identifies the Asus product and allow you to switch from gpu to gpu.
Mine get locked in my secondary gpu rendering the app totally useless.

Dicehunter
06-07-2015, 06:12 AM
Just tested the newly released 2.8.3.0 and it's same story as with the 2 previous releases, It crashes upon startup.

Asus why do you not test these before you release them ? It's obvious they are buggy and don't work.

2.7.9.0 is the latest stable version.

TheGief
06-21-2015, 04:20 PM
I have two 970s in SLI and would love to be able to see the time series data that GPU monitor shows for both cards at the same time. Switching between the two is makes it very hard to compare the data.

danone77
06-24-2015, 03:25 PM
one word:
a stable version!!!
no new futures ,before stable...

Mentas
06-24-2015, 08:35 PM
Rock stable!!! before new features

Kraschman
07-08-2015, 10:17 AM
I'll second the multiple monitoring widgets as I run a Crossfire rig myself.

The other thing I don't see but would love is the ability to set a default fan profile. Yes we have power saving and gaming, and we can save others, but there's no apparent way to automatically set a default profile when it launches. I've saved a custom profile and have to manually select it every time I boot up my PC.

danone77
07-10-2015, 07:26 AM
@kraschman
wich version u use?
for me gput 2 1057,when shoot down (windows quickstart),with user fan profile on user1 profile,it starts after boot in game profile but with user fan duty!
when make a newstart(or normal windows start) of pc ,i must switch to user1 profile for user fan duty ....
like to see,when booting (normal or quick),to have the user fan profile on gaming mode too,like afterburner...

urielejh
07-14-2015, 09:01 PM
I use GPU Tweak II

- FPS limiter
- OSD to show in-game parameters (gpu/cpu/ram temps/usage/...)
- performance and stability improvements
- save last used profile

Killeg
07-16-2015, 06:48 PM
For GPU Tweak 2 - Strix (owning a 980TI Strix)
- Default Setting for 0db feature (resetting after every reboot gets really annoying)
- Change Keyboard Shortcuts, or make them adjustable, or give us a possibility to disable them completely. (Ctrl + Alt + 2 is the @ - sign for a bunch of keyboard layouts)
- Improve profile creation and user defined fan curves. Doesn't save at all or work properly.

This is really needed so please address this issues asap.

TheGief
07-25-2015, 10:16 PM
I'm using GPU Tweak 2 with my two 970s in SLI. I can't get my profiles to save at all...

Update: Totally didn't see the save icon. Kept clicking 'apply' before clicking 'save' which would reset the profile.

TheGief
07-26-2015, 05:51 PM
In GPU Tweak 2, I'd like to see all the graphs in one view without scrolling. Either allow them to be 1/2 height, or use two columns.

Hlxxxx
08-22-2015, 09:18 AM
Disable all shortcuts, and give us option to make them. Remove AltGr and CTRL from shortcuts at least.

Kuripakk
10-04-2015, 08:57 PM
The biggest issue for me:

Investigate conflicts between GPU Tweak II and AI Suite III. I have a Z170 Pro Gaming and Strix GTX970 OC and with both apps installed it's causing a lot of trouble. Either create an option to completely disable the Suite GPU settings if Tweak settings are active, or integrate the former into the latter.

I haven't been able to figure out exactly when or why it happens but I've often had that the AI Suite settings override the OC settings in Tweak, particularly the memory OC often gets stuck at default. Sometimes it's right after boot with both apps on auto-start, sometimes it's after I've opened/closed/modified options in the apps a few times.

Without Tweak the Ai Suite GPU OC settings (apart from fan curve) did absolutely nothing and always reset to default speeds. But with Tweak installed the settings are suddenly activated sometimes, occasionally overriding Tweak, and once I even saw the OC settings from Tweak jump into the AI Suite settings.

It would be really awesome if you could create a version of GPU Tweak as an optional module in AI Suite. Since the apps are monitoring the same things it feels unnecessary to have them both separately. The fewer background apps the better, and it would likely solve any conflicts.

And some other issues:
- Completely disable whatever process is capturing certain keyboard shortcuts instead of having to clear the hotkeys in the registry.
- Allow custom fan curve to turn off fan completely instead of having to do it through the registry.
- If you open the monitor from the tweak application and accidentally close it you can't open it again because after the first time the little icon is greyed out.
- The option to link Power and GPU Temp targets gets reset as soon as you change windows or OC profiles.
- Don't start the Live Update background service if the option is set to never check for updates, I've had it pop up in the system tray a couple of times.
- If the option to start minimized is set use some kind of silent start. Whenever I start the application manually it always flashes on-screen for a split second before getting minimized.

DeathtoGnomes
10-06-2015, 10:03 PM
@devs read my suggestion thread.

BlueBolt
10-13-2015, 01:53 PM
Show GPU,CPU,RAM,Download Speed and Upload Speed,Temparatures, In game. like MSI-AFTERBURNER.. and show on windows..

Sandog42
11-01-2015, 02:49 PM
For GPU Tweak II v 1140,

Saving a custom profile - you can set a custom fan profile but it never goes below 36%. This needs fixed. I have a 0dB fan profile for my custom OC but it will always run at 36% fan speed no matter the GPU temperature. It is like ASUS disabled the 0dB feature for a custom OC.

sasha.gridin
11-27-2015, 01:43 PM
Описание

ASUS GPU Tweak - это приложение для разгона видеокарты на Вашем ПК или ноутбуке.

Оно ползволяет включать и отключать функция разгона, а так же одновременно просматривать информацию о видеокарте.

Особенности:

ASUS GPU Tweak предустановлен на всех устройствах G-серии.

В ASUS GPU Tweak включен разгон по умолчанию после запуска системы. Но пользователь может отключить разгон самостоятельно.

ASUS GPU Tweak работает только с подключенным адаптером питания.

ASUS GPU Tweak работает только в аккаунте с правами администратора.

Основные пункты интерфейса

Модель видеокарты
Включение и выключение Overclock on/off
Увеличение скорости кулеров
Частота работы видеокарты (MHZ)
Спецификация памяти
Частота работы памяти (MHZ)
Скорость вращения кулера для процессора и видеокарты (RPM)
Текущая температура видеокарты
какая это версия?

Qwinn
04-23-2016, 10:21 PM
Put me down for an OSD as well. Can't really switch off of Afterburner until GPU Tweak offers it as well.

TheGief
05-15-2016, 06:13 PM
So far v1.2.2.0 is working pretty good.

However, the one thing that still kills me is that when I restart GPU Tweak II it loses my settings for monitor, including:
- the sort order of the graphs
- which graphs are shown and hidden

Is there a fix for this or does this need to be patched in the next version?

Bahz
05-24-2016, 05:35 AM
Hi TheGief,

Thanks for the feedback, we're currently working on a new version.

I'll forward your feedback over to our software team.

Cheers,
Bahz

DeathtoGnomes
05-29-2016, 06:40 AM
Hi TheGief,

Thanks for the feedback, we're currently working on a new version.

I'll forward your feedback over to our software team.

Cheers,
Bahz

I hope you guys are starting from scratch, as I suggested too many times. Maybe even a better folder structure too. :cool:

Erwin05
06-25-2016, 01:39 PM
What features do i want to remove from GPU Tweak?

When the icons do startup in the system tray i see 2 bars comming in the right lower corner saying that tweak and monitor are running this is so annoying also with that sound.

Why not just start the 2 programs without the bars and sound. its so annoying.

marpole
07-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Using version 1.3.1.0,

Under settings > GPU Tweak II Startup > If I check off "Minimize GPU Tweak II when it starts", the app will be started but will not be in the system tray, which is were it should be.

Also, minor point, in settings, "GPU Tweak II Monitor Startup" is missing the "p" from Startup.

Cheers.

sdmfdude
07-21-2016, 05:09 PM
-Reset function for the Monitor Values
-just 1 tray icon that opens both monitor and GPUtweak. Instead of 2 separate ones
-Actually have it start correctly on boot up with Windows 10. It only loads the Tray Icon 20% of the time.

protos
08-04-2016, 10:48 PM
As title - what features do you want or think we are missing in GPU Tweak? Please list them below with a short description of what the feature should do.

http://event.asus.com/vga/2012/gpu_tweak/

Hello I would like to see the same features as MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner Statistic Server(OSD) please.

Thank you

WillSK
08-17-2016, 09:29 PM
I'm so confused.

Are we supposed to be using GPU Tweak or GPU Tweak 2. They seem to both exist still?

I have a 980 Ti Strix edition

Nate152
08-17-2016, 11:04 PM
Hi WillSK

Use the latest version od GPU tweak II 1.3.3.2

Select your operating system then click utlities.

http://www.asus.com/US/Graphics-Cards/STRIXGTX980TIDC36GD5GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

WillSK
08-18-2016, 11:55 AM
Thanks mate.

Now if only it would actually start on start up. Even with it enabled it doesn't :(

Blueflash
09-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Setting for "Temperature Hysteresis" (see MSI Afterburner).

That is, for 0db mode, essentially a value how much the GPU must cool down below the trigger value before the fans are turned off again.

E.g. with the default curve of a Strix 1060 (fan 0db below 55C and fan-on at 55C) a hysteresis of 5C, when the fans kick in at 55C it would require the card to cool down to 50C (55C minus 5C) before the fans turn off again.

(Also see https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87451-GTX-Strix-1060-Fan-Pulsing-%28probably-1070-1080-too%29 )

Also, of course, the fact that GPU-Tweak II would work at all (e.g. not start without any Settings/OC-Tools showing in the window or honoring and not forgetting fan curves).

Blueflash
09-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Scalable UI (stuff is barely readable on my 2500x1440 27" monitor). See big-skins and scalable UI setting in MSI-Afterburner.

protos
09-02-2016, 04:49 AM
Hello,

I would like to also see gpu tweak to show GPU and CPU temps on the systray to replace the gpu tweak icons. Same features as the MSI afterburner.

Thank you

PS As for the gtx 1080 fan headers, it's not so much a big deal, but the ability to set it lower than 50% would be great. Thanks again

etorphine
09-08-2016, 04:41 PM
Hello,

I would like to also see gpu tweak to show GPU and CPU temps on the systray to replace the gpu tweak icons. Same features as the MSI afterburner.

and also

PS As for the gtx 1070 fan headers, it's not so much a big deal, but the ability to set it lower than 40% would be great. Thanks again.

lopezoa
09-10-2016, 02:55 AM
It'd be nice to have the GPUTweak II Monitor to save the order of the monitoring profiles in SLI mode. This feature works fine when used with a single card but with cards in SLI, as soon as you close off the program, GPUTweak II does not remember your custom configuration of monitoring GPU apps.

Also, make sure the GPUTweak and AISuite II for Z97 MB work nice together. As of now, I have lost all PWM fan control and chassis selection in AISUite III after installing my 2 Asus GTX 1080 Strix cards. SO PROVIDE AN UP TO DATE FIX FOR Z97 MB owners who have spent (like me) over $1400 recently in Asus products to now have AISuite III not working as before.

Nickba
10-24-2016, 08:50 AM
Hi,

I just installed my GTX 1080 OC. One of the features that made me buy it was the 2 external fan controllers, so I could control my front fans using them.

The problem is that I cannot make my own settings to make the fans turn on below 60C!!! The idea is to let the front fans work at low RPM below 60C(as they also provide airflow to the HDDs) and to turn the RPM higher as the temperature of the GPU increases. That is simple. Could you update the software/bios to do this task?

randomselect
11-04-2016, 03:03 AM
Hi,

I just installed my GTX 1080 OC. One of the features that made me buy it was the 2 external fan controllers, so I could control my front fans using them.

The problem is that I cannot make my own settings to make the fans turn on below 60C!!! The idea is to let the front fans work at low RPM below 60C(as they also provide airflow to the HDDs) and to turn the RPM higher as the temperature of the GPU increases. That is simple. Could you update the software/bios to do this task?

Exact same issue here, but on a 1060, i could't get detailed information on it beforehand so i took a leap and bought it, thanks for the info since i didn't push it to 60 degrees earlier, i thought i had a problem with the card itself.

It's very strange that it starts at 60 and not the default 55 of the curve, does anyone know if it's technically possible to have different fan curves for the external and gpu fans, or are they physically limited to the same voltage?

the ideal is what you say, having the case fans run at minimum until the GPU hits a set temp, having that in the software separate from the GPU fans would be great, hopefully with hysteresis too.

BlueBolt
11-21-2016, 06:46 AM
a year ago. its like a 2014. a lot of people request for OSD. "on screen display" monitoring for temp,power,fan,usage,etc. until now almost 2017. lol.

Gerry Love
11-21-2016, 04:22 PM
you would think being ROG and on a strix 1070 that you would have a better OSD :-( atm im using NZXT Cam software so i can monitor my system while in game but being able to pick what I want to see like GPU temp GPU fan speed & CPU temp , a custom OSD would be awesome and being able to place the OSD in any corner and it to be part of GPU Tweak 2

DasLeo
11-30-2016, 07:02 PM
I recently switched my 3 PWM fans from the mainboard to the FanConnects on my GTX Strix 1080 and really like that feature.
Then I've noticed, the minimum GPU temp of 60 degrees which is needed to a fancurve for the fans to turn on.
The minimum initial speed then is 50%, which is a bit too high for my fans.
I recognized, after using a fan curve, where the fans are always off in idle state:

Water temp of my AiO cooling climbed up by 5 degrees
Now my AiO cooling fans are louder because of the higher temp
VRM temps climbed up from 33 to 44

A really cool feature would be to have a fan curve, with the fans always on during idle at about 20% (unhearable)
and only climb up to 50% at 65 degrees GPU temp or so.
Then my VRMs and Radiator temps were lower and the Rad fans slower (800 rpm unhearable)

Another good thing would be a right click menu on the tray icon to switch the profiles faster, also with all custom profiles and not only the 3 default ones.

Other than that, it's a really great tool!
thanks for that to the Dev Team!

ffalcone
12-11-2016, 05:10 PM
Hello. I have tried several times to install the last version of GPU Tweak but I always receive an error 1608, error code -2147221021. Could someone help me in solving this issue?

Kind Regards

Dicehunter
03-03-2017, 12:53 AM
The ability to have an RGB 0-255 option for all RGB products, The colour wheel is just a pain in the rear to use as you have to be extremely precise and even then it's hard to match up with your rigs other colours, It was very badly implemented.

PrimeOne
03-18-2017, 12:01 PM
Combine GPU Tweak with AI Suite. Most of here use ASUS motherboards paired with ASUS Graphics Card anyway. So One program to rule them all. And of course the in game overlay...And Totally ROG Themed. Please do away with the game themed GPU Tweak...I am a gamer ,but I get enough of that from the games..LOL..
I would also like to thank the community here. I don't post much, but I do come here if I have problem. Thanks to you all you have gotten me out of a bind many times..

duenor
03-27-2017, 02:04 AM
I really am disappointed by GPU Tweak II.

The utter lack of clear instructions. Most notably, how to set and save changes. What does that little lock icon do? I don't know, I click on it and it lights up. Why do all of my changes not stick? Each time I go in to check them they're back to default. Does it reset to default each time you try to change anything? This is especially true of the external fan option.
When GTII gets minimized, it completely disappears. Not in system tray, not in taskbar. I can't even open it again. I have to use task manager to end, then reopen the program.
No OSD. But I know this has been true for a very long time. And no, xsplit doesn't count.

khacpm
03-29-2017, 10:24 AM
I want
1. OSD like MSI Afterburner
2. Real CPU Temp.

Jakeim
04-06-2017, 07:48 PM
Possibility to change hotkeys for different profiles. Now I get gaming profile every time I write E-mail(alt gr+2 = ctrl + alt + 2). I have Nordic keyboard layout.

And a possibility to switch to user defined mode with a hotkey.

hallou89
06-02-2017, 04:45 PM
What's most important to me is the ability to lower the fan speed below 38% with my GTX 1080 Strix A8G, so i have to choose automatic fan control if i want fans at idle.

I cannot drag the first point below 38%.

https://s13.postimg.org/59un6dukz/gputweakfansettings.png (https://postimg.org/image/59un6dukz/)

Sprayingmango
06-05-2017, 11:48 PM
Is there a place to submit bug reports? I posted in this forum about a bug causing the Monitor to disappear when using SLI and dual G-Sync displays with 1.4.6.6.

Bahz
06-06-2017, 03:10 AM
Is there a place to submit bug reports? I posted in this forum about a bug causing the Monitor to disappear when using SLI and dual G-Sync displays with 1.4.6.6.

Yes, please post the bugs in this thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93734-GPU-Tweak-II-Version-1-4-6-6-Released

DrugMapleleaf
07-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Please, add back external fans controling from CPU temp.

Bahz
07-03-2017, 07:23 AM
Please, add back external fans controling from CPU temp.

External fan headers on the graphic card already have the option to follow CPU temperatures. I recommend that you download the latest version of GPU Tweak II (v1.4.7.3)

DrugMapleleaf
07-03-2017, 10:03 PM
External fan headers on the graphic card already have the option to follow CPU temperatures. I recommend that you download the latest version of GPU Tweak II (v1.4.7.3)

Thats the problem.
Where to find it?

Bahz
07-04-2017, 10:19 AM
Thats the problem.
Where to find it?

That's strange I have GTX 1070 and it shows right above Fan Auto-Calibration.
http://i.imgur.com/MKocI9D.jpg

Please make sure you have latest version of GPU Tweak II (v1.4.7.3). I will follow up on this with our GPU Tweak II software team. It also looks like text is cut off which is another bug.

DrugMapleleaf
07-04-2017, 09:05 PM
As you see that in screenshot this is latest version. :(

Bahz
07-05-2017, 02:18 AM
As you see that in screenshot this is latest version. :(

I received confirmation that external fan headers for AMD cards no longer offer temperature control feature due to conflicts with the driver design which prevents it from working properly. So by default the temperatures will have to follow GPU temps.

DrugMapleleaf
07-06-2017, 02:55 PM
thanks... then they are useless for me :)

thegreenthing
07-25-2017, 11:31 PM
I know this will never happen, but how bout a generic looking skin. I noticed that there is a check-box for the skin. However, there is only one option. The interface is problematic to say the least.

Bahz
07-26-2017, 02:39 AM
I know this will never happen, but how bout a generic looking skin. I noticed that there is a check-box for the skin. However, there is only one option. The interface is problematic to say the least.

Sorry, what version of GPU Tweak II do you have? I'm a bit confused with what you're referring to. If you can post a screenshot with what you're trying to describe would be a lot easier. Thanks.

thegreenthing
07-26-2017, 11:15 AM
Sorry for the see-through options window on the left. It seems that Tweak II v1473 is not compatable with Win7. Anyway, I was thinking that if there was another skin to choose from then there would be less visual issues. Something along the lines of a GUI that follows the Microsoft Foundation Class?

Bahz
07-28-2017, 02:57 AM
Thanks for the screenshot, I've already passed this over to our GPU Tweak team to look into. We'll be offering alternative options in the future relating to GUI options, so stay tuned.

MrAgapiGC
08-16-2017, 12:55 AM
if you are using the last nvidia drivers. the oc opcion will not be possible. I read the notes on the nvidia drivers documents at the moment of install i am looking for it to paste here. Regarding what i want to see, i want to see on screen the overlay of the information on the card like the one of afterburner. any alternative?

TheGief
09-03-2017, 05:23 PM
I'd love to have a time series graph for frames per second. I know Nvidia drivers and some games can show FPS overlays but it is only for that moment in time. I can't see spikes, drops, trends and patterns without a graph.

For instance PUBG has random FPS drops and I have no way of seeing what that looks like over time. I love to be able to tweak the games settings and see how/if it improves my FPS overall during a match.

civon
10-05-2017, 03:46 AM
RGB control

It is technically tweaking the compatible RGB Aura cards only. Good place to have it.

ddmeltzer8
10-09-2017, 04:52 PM
I would like for led settings to be active all the time,as long the program is open.
As it is now I have to go to aura and click it every time just to get it to do what I want it to.

kaufen
11-08-2017, 04:56 PM
I recently switched my 3 PWM fans from the mainboard to the FanConnects on my GTX Strix 1080 and really like that feature.

UNIKO
12-22-2017, 11:18 AM
I second that request. Same here..... Also lots of skins !!! or at least the dev kit so people can make their own :D

Max2014
01-04-2018, 06:43 PM
GPU tweak can be closed after aplying OC or fan settings? So it dont need to stay opened.
Found myself when i execute GPU tweak settings apply automatically, then i can close it and settings will remain, no need it running background. Saving a tiny fraction of CPU usage.

Raja@ASUS
01-15-2018, 10:06 AM
Revisiting this thread in order to create a new beta testing team and solifict for feature suggestions. If you'd like to be part of proceedings, drop me a PM with details and a clearly written list of features you'd like to see, plus a list if things that are broken that need fixing.

Thanks!
Raja

hallou89
03-13-2018, 11:01 PM
I would really love for there to be an ability to disable 0db fan on a per card basis, right now in simple mode, even if i uncheck "Sync with all cards" from the card select drop down menu, If i wanted to disable 0db fan i have to apply for all cards at once,

Or at least offer this option in "Professional Mode" if you think this will clutter the gui or add confusion to the user because of having to double check 0db on all the cards,

One of my cards fan bearing has failed and i had to buy new fans and replace them myself, i would like to disable 0db on the hotter card as to avoid constant start/stop motion of the fan at idle!

I use 1.6.0.5 and 2x Asus GTX 1080 Strix A8G cards

Thank you

3-16 update: workaround by setting a custom fan curve for my hotter card, while keeping the colder one at auto with 0db enabled.

KMBak
04-03-2018, 10:09 PM
Latest version (1.6.0.5) has also bug in settings. Even if shourcut are disabled they work in some kind of way.

I spand whole evening before I found that there is a problem.

Polish special letters are made with right ALT. And even if shourt cuts are disabled I can make only one ALT C letter, one ALT N and etc. Later there are some shortcuts started. Very strange behaviour. When I shutdown GPU Tweak everything work ok and I can make multiply letters with holdin ALT all the time.
Please FIX it.

RavenStrike
05-16-2018, 06:43 AM
How about a port to MacOS?

cac.production
06-02-2018, 04:45 AM
How about an update with certified drivers so the software will actually start on startup with windows 10? It's been months. How long does it take professional programmers to do something?

ddmeltzer8
06-17-2018, 11:39 AM
I would very much like it if I could find a working download link and also if all current features would work as intended!
Please dont start to implement any new features before u have it working as it should now!

PLEASE!!!

supertoast
07-01-2018, 06:00 PM
Please add a form of fan hysteresis, to stop the madness with the fans bumping on and off continuously (a lot of games have my card stuck at 54-55C).

Maybe the issue lies more fundamentally, I notice the fan set-point seems to be below a certain threshold around this temperature, which causes the fans to cycle.

Dicehunter
07-04-2018, 10:26 PM
MSI's Afterburner is a staple of mine as it just works and gets updated frequently with useful features, I would switch over to GPU Tweak if Asus took some ideas from it i.e the fantastic OSD options and custom OSD options as well as just being stable, I've been using GPU Tweak since it was first launched every now and then and it's so unbelievable unstable.

toronto699
07-04-2018, 10:44 PM
there is now a beta program for GPU Tweak
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?103504-GPU-Tweak-II-Beta-Testing-Program