PDA

View Full Version : Want to Upgrade

fgeorgen
12-28-2011, 06:07 AM
Let me start by telling all of you I'm not computer savvy, I don't know much. What I want to do is upgrade my old laptop into a gamer. This will be a slow process so I will need to start from the beginning. I own an ASUS U52F-BBL5 with an i3. Yes I know this is a lot slower than some of the other laptops I see everyone posting they have but I like it. I have recently been hooked on a game called Star Wars: The Old Republic and need my laptop to pick it up a little. So my question is where do I start? Thanks for the help.

fgeorgen
12-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Just one thing to add. Everything works great until I'm in an area with a bunch of users. Then my screen and actions become slower and glitch. So all in all how do I fix that? Already cleaned my registry and laptop too. Thanks.

fuzon1337
12-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Have you updatet your drivers; nvidia or ATI drivers, intel chipset, atheros wifi card (important) ?

fgeorgen
12-28-2011, 10:42 PM
I've updated my drivers. What is the atheros wifi card?

fuzon1337
12-29-2011, 12:09 AM
I'm not sure if you got that card in your notebook, so that you have to find out with right clicking computer -> manage -> device manager -> wifi card then you will see which you got :)

It can causes a lot of stabillity problems for your notebook, so it's good to keep that card (hardware) up to date :)

fgeorgen
12-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Checked it and it is up to date.