PDA

View Full Version : Access violation at address 05BE57A5 in module 'Vender.dll'. Read of address 667FF9E0

melkerabersson
06-18-2016, 09:40 AM
Hi guys! anyone have a clue on how to fix this??

I had access to Aisuite 3 before when I got my new computer. I installed some updates from windows/installed NVidia 1070 etc, then It stopped working and I got this error message!!!

(I got z170 pro motherboard)

it should be software related since I had access to it before?

please any help is great!

and Ausus fix your damn problems!!!

Chino
06-18-2016, 01:30 PM
Are you running the latest version of AI Suite 3 for your motherboard?

melkerabersson
06-20-2016, 09:35 PM
Are you running the latest version of AI Suite 3 for your motherboard?

Yes I believe so!

I have downloaded the latest available from Asus!

Any other clues?

ASUS-OP
06-27-2016, 03:31 AM
Hi melkerabersson,

Please kindly help to advice:
1. OS used.
2. Version of AiSuite 3 installed
3. Version of GPU Tweak utility installed
4. List of Windows update applied (if any)

I will facilitate with the design team to look into this for you.

Many thanks for you understanding in advanced.

bjossifannar
06-27-2016, 04:23 AM
Hi melkerabersson,

1. OS used.

I also have same issue. I am using GTX 1080 with Z170 Pro Gaming and there is a conflict with the driver and AI Suite 3 which is recommended on the ASUS motherboard homepage. The error goes if i uninstall the Nvidia driver and i have tried uninstall, reset the W10 and even fresh install the W10. But this error came after W10 update in beginning of the month

ASUS-OP
06-27-2016, 07:11 AM
I also have same issue. I am using GTX 1080 with Z170 Pro Gaming and there is a conflict with the driver and AI Suite 3 which is recommended on the ASUS motherboard homepage. The error goes if i uninstall the Nvidia driver and i have tried uninstall, reset the W10 and even fresh install the W10. But this error came after W10 update in beginning of the month

Hi bjossifannar, did you happen to install GPUTweak software from the VGA driver disc? If yes, please kindly also help to provide he same software configuration info below:
1. Version of AiSuite 3 installed
2. Version of GPU Tweak utility installed

Many thanks for your kind helps in advanced.

bjossifannar
06-27-2016, 10:07 AM
Hey

I have been trying install Version 1.01.24 of AI Suite 3 and i have not used GPU TWEAK so that or other similar OC software have not been conflicting.

Björn

ASUS-OP
06-28-2016, 01:50 AM
Hey

I have been trying install Version 1.01.24 of AI Suite 3 and i have not used GPU TWEAK so that or other similar OC software have not been conflicting.

Björn

Hi bjossifannar, thank you very much for the valuable feedback, we will track down from this end and update when solution become available.

Many thanks.

TMBS1
06-28-2016, 11:59 PM
Hello, I have this same problem too. This is a new build, I brought this motherboard over from my previous machine. This problem didn't exist before with the same Win 10 OS.

ASUS-OP
06-29-2016, 12:22 AM
Hi all,

After investigation, this problem seem to be related to a new library used by Nvidia driver to support new GPUs (GTX1070 or later). We are working to resolve this matter right now, should come back to you soon with the updates.

bjossifannar
06-29-2016, 01:17 PM
Hi all,

After investigation, this problem seem to be related to a new library used by Nvidia driver to support new GPUs (GTX1070 or later). We are working to resolve this matter right now, should come back to you soon with the updates.

Thank you for quick response :) I really like AI SUITE 3 and good that you guys isolated the issue.

melkerabersson
07-02-2016, 09:06 AM
Hi melkerabersson,

1. OS used.

Thank you for your response!!

1. Windows 10
2. V10124
3. V1275 (installed through internet)
4. (nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070) (and some other random updates) dunno If this helps..))

I saw your other solution, maybe this applies to me as well? thanks

ASUS-OP
07-04-2016, 01:55 AM

1. Windows 10
2. V10124
4. (nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070) (and some other random updates) dunno If this helps..))

Yes, as long as you are using the latest Nvidia driver, then you are affected.
Will let you know when the software update is ready to release.

Ond
07-05-2016, 05:57 AM
I got this issue aswell.

:(

toronto699
07-05-2016, 06:16 AM
some of these Forum members have the issue as well in these 2 threads
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?50003-Ai-suite-and-violation-problem/page2
"They should have seen this in testing" Quote HeliumPhoenix

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...roken-AISuite3

Ond
07-06-2016, 05:31 PM
some of these Forum members have the issue as well in these 2 threads
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?50003-Ai-suite-and-violation-problem/page2

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...roken-AISuite3

..didnt help...

jrok96
07-06-2016, 07:07 PM
sure hope the update is coming really soon.ive been dealing with this for a week or so. i even uninstalled ai suite and ran the cleaner exe to remove all traces and reinstalled to no avail trying to resolve this. Am glad i stumbled onto these threads casue i thought it was something specific to me.

xstrike9999
07-07-2016, 05:24 PM
I have the same issue and no update in sight.
Running a 4790K on a Maximus VII Formula with an ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
Windows 10 64-bit on latest update.

ASUS-OP
07-08-2016, 01:58 AM
Hi all,

Terribly sorry for the wait, the test build addressing this issue is ready, I will be getting them from our design team after the typhoon passes. (Should hopefully be Monday next week)
Please drop me a private message if you will like to try it before the completion of internal verification process.

a340500
07-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Latest nVidia driver 368.69 resolved the issue for me.
Asus Z170 PRO GAMING and Asus STRIX OC 1080 GTX

a340500
07-08-2016, 09:30 AM
Latest nVidia driver 368.69 resolved the issue for me.
Asus Z170 PRO GAMING and Asus STRIX OC 1080 GTX

Correction. I take it back, right on startup am greeted to "Access violation at address 05AD57A5 in module 'Vender.dll. Read of address 667FF9E0"

Haximaxi
07-08-2016, 09:43 AM
I have the Asus RoG Hero 7 with a i7 4790K and a Nvidia GTX 1080 Asus Strix and ran into the same trouble as everyone reported (also run on w10 64 bit pro with latest nvidia drivers) , is the fix coming to the z97 boards too or only the z170 boards ?

jrok96
07-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Cool . I will try tonight. I installed the I Nvidia driver but didn't think to try ai suite again. Will try again tonight and update this post.

bjossifannar
07-10-2016, 10:04 AM
I installed the new drivers from Nvidia and then AI Suite 3 and i got into same issue. So there is difference in Nvidia drivers library which has to be resolved through ASUS.

jrok96
07-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Unfortunately the Nvidia driver does not resolve this issue. At least for me. After installing the latest Nvidia driver ai suite did fully load up and appeared like it was going to work. However, it still did not fully function and after another restart it was back to the same old errors and blank ai suite as before. I would love to try the unofficial asus fix for this and have even message the person two posts up like he said but he won't respond to me . It's been almost a week.

a340500
07-10-2016, 11:41 PM
Unfortunately the Nvidia driver does not resolve this issue. At least for me. After installing the latest Nvidia driver ai suite did fully load up and appeared like it was going to work. However, it still did not fully function and after another restart it was back to the same old errors and blank ai suite as before. I would love to try theunofficial asus fix for this and have even message the person two posts up like he said but he won't respond to me . It's been almost a week.

There is an unofficial Asus fix ?? Please count me in too.. Who do I PM?

ASUS-OP
07-11-2016, 01:35 AM
There is an unofficial Asus fix ?? Please count me in too.. Who do I PM?

Hi a340500,

This is not an unofficial fix, this is the release candidate addressing this very issue.
Please drop me a private message, I will pass you the link.

ASUS-OP
07-11-2016, 01:37 AM
I installed the new drivers from Nvidia and then AI Suite 3 and i got into same issue. So there is difference in Nvidia drivers library which has to be resolved through ASUS.

Hi bjossifannar,

This is caused by the way how the new Nvidia driver works, which, in order to support it, we will need to update our software.
Please kindly drop me a private message, I will pass you the release candidate to try.

Many thanks.

ASUS-OP
07-11-2016, 01:39 AM
I have the Asus RoG Hero 7 with a i7 4790K and a Nvidia GTX 1080 Asus Strix and ran into the same trouble as everyone reported (also run on w10 64 bit pro with latest nvidia drivers) , is the fix coming to the z97 boards too or only the z170 boards ?

Jo Haximaxi,

It should provide the fix for both, as long as you are working with AiSuite 3.
Let us know if this release candidate helps to resolve the issue at your end.

ASUS-OP
07-11-2016, 01:41 AM
I have the same issue and no update in sight.
Running a 4790K on a Maximus VII Formula with an ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
Windows 10 64-bit on latest update.

Hi xstrike9999,

The release candidate addressing this issue is now ready. (Still under internal validation)
Please kindly drop me a private message if you will like to test drive it before official release.

ASUS-OP
07-11-2016, 01:43 AM

1. Windows 10
2. V10124

Hi melkerabersson,

The release candidate addressing this issue is now ready. (Still under internal validation)
Please kindly drop me a private message if you will like to test drive it ahead of schedule.

Haximaxi
07-11-2016, 04:32 PM
As said in PM the error message no longer appears so that seems to be fixed, but i can not acces Duel intelligent proccesor 5 or any of the tools that come with it like Fanxpert or of the overclocking tools

Kaliman
07-11-2016, 08:00 PM
As said in PM the error message no longer appears so that seems to be fixed, but i can not acces Duel intelligent proccesor 5 or any of the tools that come with it like Fanxpert or of the overclocking tools

I am experiencing the same.

xstrike9999
07-11-2016, 08:31 PM
Kaliman, did you just install over the previous version or uninstall the previous version first.
BTW, I haven't tested this build yet because even though I am getting the error my previously set profiles are working as usual (even though I cannot access/modify them) and I didn't want to encounter even more problems like this after installing a new version.

Haximaxi
07-11-2016, 09:35 PM
i uninstalled the previous version first of course and then installed it with the new DIP5 and everything but DIP5 seems to work fine

Kaliman
07-11-2016, 10:56 PM
Kaliman, did you just install over the previous version or uninstall the previous version first.
BTW, I haven't tested this build yet because even though I am getting the error my previously set profiles are working as usual (even though I cannot access/modify them) and I didn't want to encounter even more problems like this after installing a new version.

I first installed over the existing and surprisingly DIP worked until I restarted. I then uninstalled everything and re-intalled to the current condition where there is no error but DIP does not exist in AISuite.

Ond
07-12-2016, 08:43 AM
No DIP !!!!

argh...

ASUS-OP
07-13-2016, 03:03 AM
Hi all,

Terribly sorry for the troubles. I have feedback the finds to our software team to check the DIP5 module disappear issue, will update the fix once it is ready.

Oconnor
07-13-2016, 05:25 PM
Hi all,

Hello I am using ai suite 3 and I am having iussues with it too. I tried the version coming from the in box cd and also the last ones from the download site but nothin helped me. your post about the last Nvidia drivers dll makes me think there might be other iussues that those drivers are causing.
in detail I tried nvidia 368.39 and nvidia 368.69. I also downloaded the version of nvidia drivers posted on asus website but it didn't help me.
My GPU is an asus strix 970.
My motherboard is a z170 a.
operating sytem windows 7 sp1 updated

my problem (happening just when I install ai suite): when I install ai suite during system reboot or shutting down I see that the system gets frozen when the screen says rebooting and it never reboots or shuts down automatically unless I press the power button on the pc case.Another weird thing when Ai suite is installed , if I go to control panel an click on power management the window gets frozen ( only that window) untill I disconnect or reboot.
I love ai suite just for the epu feature that was great ( I had this on my previous motherboard from asus and it was very appreciated feature) In future maybe it'd be great if you could develope a program for not overclockes like me. Thanks I hope this case helps you to improve the ai suite for next release.

jrok96
07-13-2016, 09:16 PM
same results here. installed new patch and still not working. same blank screen

gobbles
07-14-2016, 01:54 AM
I can confirm I have the same issues trying to use the latest version of AI Suite 3 on Windows 10 64-bit with a GTX1080 and the latest Nvidia drivers installed.

Any update on when we might see a fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

gobbles
07-14-2016, 09:00 PM
Hi all,

I got the following PM from j1mmyfever this morning (waiting for his account to be authorised), and I can confirm that after following the steps below my problem has been resolved.

Not going to reinstall GPUTweak until there is some sort of official word on that.

I think the issue is actually GPUTweak related possibly.

My system:

Z97 Pro AC Wifi
i4790k
ASUS GTX 1080 Founders Edition

Uninstall AiSuite using Program/Features
Uninstall GPU Tweak/GPU Tweak II (I had GPU Tweak II)
Open an admin cmd prompt (right click, run as admin)
Type Services.msc. Look for all services that start with ASUS. I had "ASUS Com Service", "ASUS HM Com Service", etc. Stop each one.
Open properties for each one and look at the short Service Name.
Back at prompt, type "sc delete <service name>" Don't use the display name, use the name from properties, ie: asComSvc
Repeat for each ASUS service
Delete ASUS folder from Program files and Program Files x86. Reboot
Reinstall AiSuite with all features enabled. DO NOT reinstall GPU Tweak.

Note, I have the latest NVidia drivers, and did not touch anything NVidia through the entire process.

FYI I am running a Z170I, i6700k and GTX1080 w/ latest drivers.

Cheers!

j1mmyfever
07-15-2016, 02:50 AM
Awesome, glad it worked out.

I too had just installed GPUTweak off the CD that came with my new card yesterday.

I'm not sure how the code is written between the two ASUS products, but there are two different versions of Vender.dll, one included in each piece of software. I'm guessing that has something to do with the issue. Maybe they are trying to access the same location in memory or something silly.

-Jim

RoverUKSF
07-15-2016, 03:44 PM
I can confirm that after uninstalling GPU Tweak and removing ASUS services.
AiSuite 3 is working fine after re-installation. So problem definitely lies in GPU Tweak and most probably in DLL`s they both using.

Thanks gobbles for sharing this info.

Oconnor
07-15-2016, 05:45 PM
Hi all,

I got the following PM from j1mmyfever this morning (waiting for his account to be authorised), and I can confirm that after following the steps below my problem has been resolved.

Not going to reinstall GPUTweak until there is some sort of official word on that.

Cheers!

probably Gpu tweak tool has some iussues too.
I am glad that you are not having iussues. I installed once ai suite and gpu tweak II. By then I had those problems rebooting and seeing the pc stuck saying " shutting down" till I did from pc case. I formatted the pc with a fresh installation and installed just the drivers not optional programs like ai suite 3 and pc was running smooth. When I installed Ai suite 3 the pc started giving me back iussues. Freezing during reboot and shutting down and white page when opening the power option in windows control panel. AS They said above it must be related to the nvidia drivers: I have had my pc just with i7 and its gpu for a week and with AI suite installed and no problems at all. All the iussues came when I installed alsomy gpu and its drivers. Installed again ai suite (beforeI checked the services I had no asus services running) to uninstall the ai suite properly I used the ai suite removal tool I checked that the asus folder was empty and deleted it.

Keidj
07-16-2016, 03:14 PM
So how is it going with the "fix"? At asus.com/support latest AI Suite 3 version for download for my MB was released march 2016?

Haximaxi
07-17-2016, 10:22 AM
Hi all,

Cheers!

I can confirm this fix work, however i freshly installed windows 10 last week when i got my 1080 Strix and never had GPU Tweak installed on the system, i did have MSI Afterburner installed tho

The first time i tried the method described above i had left MSI afterburner installed and used the AI suite "fix" provided by "Asus Op" via PM and it did NOT work, so i tried again but this time i uninstalled MSI Afterburner and used the publicly available AI suite and it worked right away

So i cant say for sure but i assume any GPU program that you already have installed (either Afterburner or GPU Tweak) is causing issues

Edit: i also reinstalled Afterburner again and AI suite and Afterburner both work again without problems

I am running a Z97 Hero with i7 4790K and GTX 1080 Strix with latest Drivers

Kaliman
07-17-2016, 06:55 PM
I can confirm this fix work, however i freshly installed windows 10 last week when i got my 1080 Strix and never had GPU Tweak installed on the system, i did have MSI Afterburner installed tho

The first time i tried the method described above i had left MSI afterburner installed and used the AI suite "fix" provided by "Asus Op" via PM and it did NOT work, so i tried again but this time i uninstalled MSI Afterburner and used the publicly available AI suite and it worked right away

So i cant say for sure but i assume any GPU program that you already have installed (either Afterburner or GPU Tweak) is causing issues

Edit: i also reinstalled Afterburner again and AI suite and Afterburner both work again without problems

I am running a Z97 Hero with i7 4790K and GTX 1080 Strix with latest Drivers

This did not work for me. After uninstalling everything and re-installing AISuite, I still have the .dll errors.

Haximaxi
07-18-2016, 08:11 AM
This did not work for me. After uninstalling everything and re-installing AISuite, I still have the .dll errors.

After reading what you wrote it seems to me you just uninstalled and reinstalled AISuite again but that indeed does not work, if you follow the steps jimmy writes down a few comments above here and make sure you dont have GPUtweak or MSI afterburner (or similar programs like perhaps EVGA precision) installed then it should work atleast it did for me and a few others too.

Tho obviously you need to be carefull with what your doing and dont turn off services or delete folders your not sure about

Keidj
07-18-2016, 03:52 PM
Tho obviously you need to be carefull with what your doing and dont turn off services or delete folders your not sure about

Exactly....so thats why im awaiting this magical fix for weeks now....

Haximaxi
07-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Exactly....so thats why im awaiting this magical fix for weeks now....

Hang in there brother, the Asus rep on these forums says they are working on it

Kaliman
07-19-2016, 01:51 AM
After reading what you wrote it seems to me you just uninstalled and reinstalled AISuite again but that indeed does not work, if you follow the steps jimmy writes down a few comments above here and make sure you dont have GPUtweak or MSI afterburner (or similar programs like perhaps EVGA precision) installed then it should work atleast it did for me and a few others too.

No, I did as suggested. I only had GPUTweak on my system with AISuite. I uninstalled both, then re-installed AISuite.

Haximaxi
07-19-2016, 04:24 PM
No, I did as suggested. I only had GPUTweak on my system with AISuite. I uninstalled both, then re-installed AISuite.

So just to make a 100% sure you did the following steps as described below including the shut down and removing of the Asus services ?

Uninstall AiSuite using Program/Features
Uninstall GPU Tweak/GPU Tweak II (I had GPU Tweak II)
Open an admin cmd prompt (right click, run as admin)
Type Services.msc. Look for all services that start with ASUS. I had "ASUS Com Service", "ASUS HM Com Service", etc. Stop each one.
Open properties for each one and look at the short Service Name.
Back at prompt, type "sc delete <service name>" Don't use the display name, use the name from properties, ie: asComSvc
Repeat for each ASUS service
Delete ASUS folder from Program files and Program Files x86. Reboot
Reinstall AiSuite with all features enabled. DO NOT reinstall GPU Tweak.

Also make sure you do NOT reinstall GPU Tweak, how ever MSI afterburner does work (for me at least)

If you have done all that and it still not works then i guess you have to wait for Asus when they come up with a fix

Kaliman
07-20-2016, 03:55 AM
So just to make a 100% sure you did the following steps as described below including the shut down and removing of the Asus services ?

Also make sure you do NOT reinstall GPU Tweak, how ever MSI afterburner does work (for me at least)

If you have done all that and it still not works then i guess you have to wait for Asus when they come up with a fix

I guess I will have to wait, because I have indeed done all that.

ASUS-OP
07-20-2016, 05:54 AM
Hi All,

Terribly sorry for the long delay to process this fix. With the help of your inputs, our software team has just confirmed they have found the root cause to the DIP5 missing issue after installing the updated version (with new vendor.dll) on systems that has already failed.
We should expect to have a new release fixing this matter in the next couple of days.

Terribly sorry for the concerns and inconveniences caused.

Kaliman
07-20-2016, 06:20 PM
Hi All,

Terribly sorry for the long delay to process this fix. With the help of your inputs, our software team has just confirmed they have found the root cause to the DIP5 missing issue after installing the updated version (with new vendor.dll) on systems that has already failed.
We should expect to have a new release fixing this matter in the next couple of days.

Great news, thank you. Please keep us updated.

Oconnor
07-20-2016, 10:07 PM
Hi All,

Let's hope this will allow me to reboot and shut down pc without iussues. Til now when Nvidia drivers are installed it randomly freezes pc during shutting down or during rebotting. Thanks for your work!

crazyc
07-25-2016, 04:26 AM
Any update on the fix as of yet. Would like to Install AiSuite 3 and and GPU Tweak on my new system

albtal@msn.com
07-25-2016, 11:21 AM
I have the same problem.

I may should read about the motherboard before purchase it.

I bought it 1 week ago.

in the start its all good but all of sudden it happen.

WhiskeyBurn
07-25-2016, 12:48 PM
I have the same issue as well. I have the vendor.dll and the dip4 error. Any updates would be great. Thanks.

nimlocke
07-25-2016, 06:16 PM
I have noticed the same issue happening for me since installation of the Asus Strix 1080 gaming card. It appears that my fans are still working on the same profile that I had saved in AI Suite, but I can not be certain since I had to remove AI suite from start up and am unable to run it at this time.

My issues are the following:

DIP5 error (as reported) originally
DIP4 error (not often)
DIP3 error loop over and over (pop ups NON STOP) after second restart of system following installation of above video card

Vendor.dll

Basically all of the errors listed above have happened to some frequency.
Here are my computer Specs:

Windows 10
i7-6700 CPU
Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha Mobo
Asus Strix GTX 1080 - gaming
Gskill Ripjaws V DDR4 16gb x 4 (64gb total) 3200 MHz
EVGA 850w PS 80+ Gold
Samsung 950 PRO 256gb SSD NVMe (M.2)
Western Digital 7200 caviar black 1TB HD
Asus 24x Multi Blu-Ray/DVD burner Optical Drive
NZXT Phantom 410 mid tower
4 fans - 2x Corsair HP front intake, 1x Corsair AP side intake, 1x Corsair AP rear exhaust (mobo Fan connect)
2 fans - 2x NZXT stock top exhaust (case controlled)
---All fans 120mm, average Case temp </= 41c

R/

Nim

xstrike9999
07-25-2016, 06:31 PM
Any ETA on when the fix will be released? It's been weeks now!

mcpranger
07-25-2016, 07:13 PM
Same issue here

These issues occur only when AISUITE3 is installed next to GPUTweak II:

- DIP4 error (when I go to 5-step optimization)
- Vendor.dll (during system start-up)

Here are my system details:

Windows 10
i5-6600K CPU
Asus Z170PRO Gaming mobo
Asus Strix ROG GTX 1060
Nvidia driver 368.81
GPU TweakII v1.3.2.2
VBIOS 86.06.0e.00.AS01
AISuite3_Win7-81-10_Z170-PG_V10124-10015

Please repair asap.
It feels very strange that a motherboard and GPU from 1 supplier can't interact with each other...

Oconnor
07-25-2016, 09:41 PM
I see this ai suite is giving troubles also with windows 10. I am using windows 7 and it's installed without GPT ( I see there are tricks to install also windows 7 with GPT, maybe I should try it too). Guys have you installed your windows 10 using GPT or MBR? Try using msinfo32 and check. Maybe this doesn't help, but the 5 way optimization seems to interact with bios, so i was wondering if ai suite works in bios mode as good as with uefi mode. Let's hope they can figure out what is bugging the program soon.

jrok96
07-26-2016, 04:20 AM
guys what am i doing wrong. ive uninstalled afterburner but the process still isnt fixing the problem for me. i noticed that if i remove ai suite and then do the service.msc in cmd prompt that there are no processes running or found . but if i run services.msc before removing ai suite i can find all the services that he mentioned in that post. so in my case unistalling ai suite removes those anyways. either way i am running the fixed version that asus system op sent me do i need to remove that from the ai suite install folder and install it the normal one from the downloads section for my mb?

djlusk
07-26-2016, 10:11 AM
Getting same error fresh windows installed and no GPUTweak II, i need it to run front base and get right temps

bjossifannar
07-26-2016, 08:54 PM
I am sure they are doing a research why this is happening. I uninstalled AI Suite 3 and use BIOS tool while i am waiting for this. There is no need to bash them being late

albtal@msn.com
07-27-2016, 09:42 AM
Asus Rampage V exterme
I7 6800k
asus rog gtx 1080
64gb G.skill 3000mhz C15
2x2TB 3.5 HDD 7500RPM, 1xz120GB SSD 850 Pro , 1xM.2 265GB 950
Deepcool Genome Mid tower Case wuith iuntergrated 360mm LCS white/blue helix ATRXL
1000W SuperNova G2
Acer Predator X34 34" LED Curved Gaming Monitor 4MS 3440x1440 G-Sync Speaker IPS
Keyboard : G910 gaming keyboard
Mouse : G502 Gaming

Please fix the issue we are sick of waiting.

Thanks

Keidj
07-27-2016, 10:52 AM
I am sure they are doing a research why this is happening. I uninstalled AI Suite 3 and use BIOS tool while i am waiting for this. There is no need to bash them being late

They known about this issue since mid June. I think its taking time because this isnt top priority + its vacation times.

bjossifannar
07-27-2016, 08:44 PM
They known about this issue since mid June. I think its taking time because this isnt top priority + its vacation times.

True, but the ticket has been made so now we have to wait. :D

david1080
07-27-2016, 11:03 PM
Same Issue here immediately after installing an Asus Geforce GTX 1080 Strix Gaming (Non OC). The previous Asus 980 worked OK. The Vender.dll crash prevents the 5-way optimisation and fan control from working. Running Windows 10 Pro on an Asus Z97 Pro mainboard.

symplu
07-29-2016, 12:45 PM
i7 6700k
Maximus VIII Hero
GTX 1070 Strix
32gb ddr4

Access violation at address 05BE57A5 in module 'Vender.dll'

Ok. I found a solution, and its works for me:

1. uninstall AI Suite
2. install the latest driver for GPU from NVidia.com
3. install AI Suite 3, again ( last version from asus.com )
4. Restart PC.

VOILLA !!

Ond
07-29-2016, 03:28 PM
i7 6700k
Maximus VIII Hero
GTX 1070 Strix
32gb ddr4

Access violation at address 05BE57A5 in module 'Vender.dll'

Ok. I found a solution, and its works for me:

1. uninstall AI Suite
2. install the latest driver for GPU from NVidia.com
3. install AI Suite 3, again ( last version from asus.com )
4. Restart PC.

VOILLA !!

doesnt work for 1080.
seems like its "obvious" thing ppl do and that its allready been tried to uninstall and install the latest drivers, but then again thats just me.

stil waiting for fix.
takes ages apparently.

jrok96
07-29-2016, 11:48 PM
Ok, now i finally figured out why ai suite still was not working even after removing all traces of it and also removing afterburner and gpu tweak. I was trying to reinstall the updated "patched" version and not the original version. For those of you that still cant get ai suite to run make sure you are installing the one from your motherboard section on asus.com.

Oconnor
07-30-2016, 09:24 PM
Ok, now i finally figured out why ai suite still was not working even after removing all traces of it and also removing afterburner and gpu tweak. I was trying to reinstall the updated "patched" version and not the original version. For those of you that still cant get ai suite to run make sure you are installing the one from your motherboard section on asus.com.

That's exactly what I've done. I used AI suite off box and the one from asus site after I selected my motherboard and my operating system, but no luck, the pc keps not shutting down properly when ai suite is installed together with nvidia drivers.

a340500
08-01-2016, 07:56 AM
Hi All,

ASUS-OP, Any update?

Nexus7
08-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Hi all,

I have found a solution if you want to continue to use your 1080 with AI suite 3.
It's very easy:

Go to in C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\VGA COM\1.00.20 (if you use the last NVIDIA driver) and rename the library Vender.dll like vender.bak if you want.
Now reboot your pc, install or open (if AI suite is already installed) the AI suit windows ... Enjoy ;)

This library is not mendatory for the VGA or Windows system, but with this technique you can't manage your GPU in AI suite. For that you can use GPU Tweak.
It's a temporary "patch"...

regard's

jrok96
08-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Hi all,

I have found a solution if you want to continue to use your 1080 with AI suite 3.
It's very easy:

Go to in C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\VGA COM\1.00.20 (if you use the last NVIDIA driver) and rename the library Vender.dll like vender.bak if you want.
Now reboot your pc, install or open (if AI suite is already installed) the AI suit windows ... Enjoy ;)

This library is not mendatory for the VGA or Windows system, but with this technique you can't manage your GPU in AI suite. For that you can use GPU Tweak.

regard's

I will have to give it a try. I didn't know you could manage your gpu in ai suite anyways. So with this method u can have gpu tweak installed then?

jrok96
08-01-2016, 07:18 PM
That's exactly what I've done. I used AI suite off box and the one from asus site after I selected my motherboard and my operating system, but no luck, the pc keps not shutting down properly when ai suite is installed together with nvidia drivers.

Your problem seems like it may simply be with the ai suite software itself in your system. Are u getting the problem where ai suite comes up but is mostly blank? Cause I believe that is what the rest of use are experiencing

Oconnor
08-02-2016, 12:21 AM
Your problem seems like it may simply be with the ai suite software itself in your system. Are u getting the problem where ai suite comes up but is mostly blank? Cause I believe that is what the rest of use are experiencing

It is surely AI suite 3 but the problem happens only when nvidia drivers are installed. Before I got my graphic card a gtx 970 I was running my pc with my gpu integrated in the processor and ai suite was just fine. I tried even older drivers or those from the asus site for my graphic card but nothing helps. You mention white page I am not sure what you mean in ai suite 3 I have no white page. but when I install it if I go to control panel and try to click power management then yes I get it stuck with a white page window.
my motherboard is a z170 a updated with bios 1801. i7 600k , 32 GB (4x8) ram hyperx.

Nexus7
08-02-2016, 03:13 AM
I will have to give it a try. I didn't know you could manage your gpu in ai suite anyways. So with this method u can have gpu tweak installed then?

Usualy, if you click in the AI suite TPU pan, in the top window right pan, you can see a GPU menu. In this menu you can manage your GPU fan...
You can install GPU tweak before or after, it will function correctly.

nimlocke
08-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Ok, this has been going on for at least a month. Where is the fix? I purchased an Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha motherboard for all the advertised features. I did not pay almost $300 for this motherboard to have a large chunk of the connectivity and features disabled.

This is unacceptable at this point.....

ASUS-OP you have not responded with any updates..... people have been asking....

This is also unacceptable....

Keidj
08-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Ok, this has been going on for at least a month. Where is the fix? I purchased an Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha motherboard for all the advertised features. I did not pay almost $300 for this motherboard to have a large chunk of the connectivity and features disabled.

This is unacceptable at this point.....

ASUS-OP you have not responded with any updates..... people have been asking....

This is also unacceptable....

You are absolutely right. I bought ASUS products for 1800$(US) for this PC thinking it would be best getting as much as possible from one manufacturer to ensure great operability. What I got was just the opposite. I can understand that problems can arise with "new" software and drivers, but ASUS has known about this issue since at least mid June and still there is no "fix" or any updates from ASUS. All we get is that " we are working on it". Just forget about AI Suite 3. I only used it for fan control but now I just set the fans in BIOS and connected 2 intake fans directly to my graphics card. If you really want fan control try Speedfan :D

Mouxy
08-03-2016, 12:06 AM
Hi Guys,

I sent this message to an Asus Rep.

This way AI3 is working for me with 2 SLI Strix 1080.

////////Message////////

I'm able to run AI3 with the latest nvidia drivers at the moment.
If I use the version available (Version 1.01.30) in the download section of the Maximus Extreme it works just fine.
If i download the version available ( Version 1.01.30) in the download section of the Maximus Extreme Assembly it doesn't work.

It is stated that they are both the same version but the software bundled inside;
Assembly: (DIP5 V1.02.87) not working
Extreme: (DIP5 V1.03.00) working fine.

_____

Another thing I noticed yesterday when running the latest version of GPUTweakII (GPUTweak2_Ver1322 after running ASUS_GPUTweakII_Remove_Tool_V1008) that when we try to change the fan settings, lots and lots of ASUSgpuFanControl32.exe (not entirely sure about the name of the process) are created, consuming 100% of the processor, hanging the OS.

///////END////

Hope this helps guys!

Spacekiller
08-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Hi Guys,

here are my experiences with this damned issue in the behavior of AI3:

- I build up a new pc with Rampage V Extreme, STRIX GTX1070 and other cool hardware (most money was going to ASUS!)
- I moved my old Win7 to this pc (spent a very lot of time to get it to work on the new SSD)
- AI suite from old board wasn't working as expected, GPUTweak from old GTX680 does; uninstalled AI suite
- upgraded it to Win10 (the easiest part of all)
- installed AI3 from disk, GPUTweak is running, all was good
- maked some adjustments in AI3 such as fan's, nothing aggressive
- installed GPUTweakII from STRIX, restard, BSOD while booting, 2nd try succsessful
- back in OS I got AccessViolation(s) from AI3 (don't remember wich exactly), no symbol in the taskbar (only EZUpdate) but still running in taskmanager!
- reinstalled AI with newest version (AISuite3_Win7-8-81-10_R5E_V10101) from ASUS-site
- restart with BSOD, automatic restart in repair mode of Win10
- going to BIOS and reduced RAM speed because of some page_fault message in this BSOD
- restart without repair windows, success, tons of errors from AI3
- after 1 hour of seeking the net I found suggestions to deinstall AI3 and at least the hint for cleaner.exe
- deinstalled AI3 again, run cleaner with errors and found out, that all AI-services still running!!! What kind of uninstaller is this for hell?
Seems like to recycle a car with the driver in it.
- stoped the services and run cleaner again, all is gone
- restart, no problems, reinstall AI3 again
- restart, now I've got the "AccessViolation in vender.dll" issue, symbol is in taskbar, but the AI-window is empty (only status at bottom)
- new seek in the net and thanks god I've found your forum
- followed the advise of Nexus7 and renamed this damned vender.dll in VGA COM path
- restart again - all is fine! Both apps (AI3 and GPUTweakII are running fine)
- now looking after vender.dll I've found 3 of them; 1 in GPUTweak (the old one from GTX680, whatever this uninstaller has removed, not GPUTweak),
one in GPUTweakII and one in VGA COM, all different versions
- now I've seeked in registry for vender.dll and only found a reference to the GPUTweakII one; it's a mystery for me how this other one can influence the AI3!

The conclusion for me of all this is, that renaming or removing of this useless (so it seems to me) vender.dll solved the problem. Maybe the ASUS-guy
can tell us what is it good for and can present finally a solution after all this time for everyone (at last - but not least - a readme file in the
AI3 AND GPUTweak would prevent most users from spending much time in solving this CRITICAL issue).

Greatings from Germany, Spacekiller.

P.S.: Thanks a lot to Nexus7 for investigating this solution!!! :)

gmariust
08-04-2016, 06:47 AM
Hey Nexus7, thank you for this very simple and easy solution!! It worked for me once renamed the file and rebooted,
the AI3 menu came back without any other uninstall or registry and service cleanup. Asus you should pay this guy for fixing your problems!!

Kaliman
08-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Hi all,

It's very easy:

regard's

Thanks for the help. On my computer I do not have that path, so I renamed Vender.dll in this path (C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\GPU TweakII) and now AISuite works. But, GPUTweak does not work, I have to play a game of renaming the file then opening the different apps for them to work.

ASUS-OP
08-04-2016, 11:55 PM
Hi guys,

Terribly sorry for the wait, I was on annual leave last week when the new release candidate was sent to me.
I have sent everyone who has private messaged me requesting the release candidate build, drop me a message if you will like to try it before official release.

Once again terribly sorry for the delay

bc9000
08-05-2016, 01:03 AM
Will do and thank you!

Hi guys,

Terribly sorry for the wait, I was on annual leave last week when the new release candidate was sent to me.
I have sent everyone who has private messaged me requesting the release candidate build, drop me a message if you will like to try it before official release.

Kaliman
08-05-2016, 03:06 AM
Hi guys,

I installed this version as well as version 1332 of GPUTweak and all is well. DIP and GPUTweak are behaving once again. I will report back if anything changes.

Nexus7
08-05-2016, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the help. On my computer I do not have that path, so I renamed Vender.dll in this path (C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\GPU TweakII) and now AISuite works. But, GPUTweak does not work, I have to play a game of renaming the file then opening the different apps for them to work.

Yes your GPU Tweak is KO because it's not the GPU Tweak Vender .dll library that is the problem. On several friends computers, the bad library is located in
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\VGA COM\1.00.20. Maybe in your computer, she located in a other path, but remenber : this tips is only for the GTX1080.
so, if you have an another GPU (like 1070, 1060,) i'm not sure that my solution operate....

Spacekiller
08-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Yes your GPU Tweak is KO because it's not the GPU Tweak Vender .dll library that is the problem. On several friends computers, the bad library is located in
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\VGA COM\1.00.20. Maybe in your computer, she located in a other path, but remenber : this tips is only for the GTX1080.
so, if you have an another GPU (like 1070, 1060,) i'm not sure that my solution operate....

Like I've reported in my post, the path for GTX 1070 is the same and the solution works for it very well, both applications (AI and GPUTweakII) are running fine, no problems since renaming.
What for me needs to be investigated is: NO entries for vender.dll from VGA COM could be found in registry, so what is it good for? And how could this DLL then influence the app under this circumstances?

Spacekiller

dentisse
08-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Hi guys,

looks like I've got the same issue here, so I'm happy that i've found this thread :-)

My specs:
- Windows 10
- i5-4690K CPU
- Asus Z97-A mobo (bios 2801 11/11/2015)
- Asus Strix GTX 1080 OC-edition
- Nvidia driver 368.81
- GPU TweakII v1.3.2.2
- ASUS AI Suite 3 V1.01.02 Install Program for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit / 10 64bit.

I will try the explained solution of renaming the vendor.dll, but how could I get the "fixed version" of the AI suite ?

Xp3t4
08-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Yes, as long as you are using the latest Nvidia driver, then you are affected.
Will let you know when the software update is ready to release.

Hello,

I've been experiencing the same type of issue on my ROG Strix GTX 1070 and Windows 10 Pro x64.
Since I've bought the graphics card and tried to install all drivers from Nvidia or Asus (MotherBoard it's an Asus ROG Maximus VIII Formula) always get the same error of missing files...
If I uninstall the AI Suite, all seams to work fine... Can you help me?

1.Asus ROG Maximus VIII Formula (BIOS Version 0208)
2.Windows 10 Pro x64
3.AI Suite 3
4.Nvidia Driver Version 10.18.13.6881 (10/07/2016) - Vidia Driver 368.81

Best regards

nimlocke
08-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Seriously!?!? Where is the response, and where is the fix????

I am running the latest version of AI suite 3. I have the latest version of GPU Tweak II and NVidia Drivers... This is still not working properly.

I am about to start an RMA for either the Strix 1080 or the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha mobo.. or BOTH!!!

After a fresh install of the AI3 and GPU tweakII I am not getting the Dip error loop anymore but my computer wont shut down properly! I AM SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF NOW.

It doesn't take you 2 months to get a fix. It shouldn't take you 2 - 3 weeks since your last response.

I'm not going to delete Vendor.dll files, or manipulate the program in anyway. It should be delivered as a complete working product. If not I am returning your broken junk since the software package it comes with is part of its functionality. This is HORSE ****. Even Sony's new DAYBREAK games that runs everquest can put a patch out faster than you Asus techs, and they are not exactly the worlds premier programers.

WE WANT ANSWERS NOW

Oconnor
08-07-2016, 10:05 PM

I am running the latest version of AI suite 3. I have the latest version of GPU Tweak II and NVidia Drivers... This is still not working properly.

I am about to start an RMA for either the Strix 1080 or the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha mobo.. or BOTH!!!

After a fresh install of the AI3 and GPU tweakII I am not getting the Dip error loop anymore but my computer wont shut down properly! I AM SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF NOW.

It doesn't take you 2 months to get a fix. It shouldn't take you 2 - 3 weeks since your last response.

I'm not going to delete Vendor.dll files, or manipulate the program in anyway. It should be delivered as a complete working product. If not I am returning your broken junk since the software package it comes with is part of its functionality. This is HORSE ****. Even Sony's new DAYBREAK games that runs everquest can put a patch out faster than you Asus techs, and they are not exactly the worlds premier programers.

WE WANT ANSWERS NOW

Sadly RMA is not the way. It could work if your hardware had problems. Even if they accepted it you risk to get back another motherboard and gpu probably repaired or refurbished, while yours is new working and just with a piece of addon software not working. I am sad and I know how you feel I am having your same iussues and I am really blaming myself for buying this board instead of the other I selected from another brand: I was thinking that the solid thrust I had in asus was the way to go. However I am not much optimist either at this point the not shutting down problem is something that has been around for more than a year and stillnot fixed.Please read this post (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?80194-Cannot-shutdown-properly-after-installing-AI-Suite-3/page2) and this other one (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2811668/skylake-build-windows-windows-wont-shut.html)

ASUS-OP
08-08-2016, 12:24 AM
Hi guys,

looks like I've got the same issue here, so I'm happy that i've found this thread :-)

My specs:
- Windows 10
- i5-4690K CPU
- Asus Z97-A mobo (bios 2801 11/11/2015)
- Asus Strix GTX 1080 OC-edition
- Nvidia driver 368.81
- GPU TweakII v1.3.2.2
- ASUS AI Suite 3 V1.01.02 Install Program for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit / 10 64bit.

I will try the explained solution of renaming the vendor.dll, but how could I get the "fixed version" of the AI suite ?

Hi there, you can drop me a provide message and request for the release candidate if you want to use it ahead of schedule.

TWiST
08-08-2016, 12:42 AM
Hi there, you can drop me a provide message and request for the release candidate if you want to use it ahead of schedule.

I would very much like to test the fix, I previously had no problems using AI suite with my 1080 but after upgrading my Nvidia drivers this issue has appeared.

Thanks!

ASUS-OP
08-08-2016, 12:51 AM

WE WANT ANSWERS NOW
Hi nimlocke,

When this happened, will the system pop up with a message indicating which process cannot be closed to have caused this issue?
Please drop me a private message requesting the latest release candidate, let's see if the latest release candidate helps to iron this issue at your end.

Many thanks.

nimlocke
08-08-2016, 02:51 AM
ASUS-OP,

Great to hear from you!

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 8/7/2016 12:58:19 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: **********-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: ASGT.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x574819c7
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.306, time stamp: 0x571afb7f
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000dc7c9
Faulting process id: 0x85c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1f08169d6145b
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ASGT.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 115d21d9-b797-45e7-a959-21020dd368fe
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-08-07T07:58:19.033100300Z" />
<EventRecordID>17545</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>**********-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>ASGT.exe</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>574819c7</Data>
<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>10.0.10586.306</Data>
<Data>571afb7f</Data>
<Data>c0000374</Data>
<Data>000dc7c9</Data>
<Data>85c</Data>
<Data>01d1f08169d6145b</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ASGT.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>115d21d9-b797-45e7-a959-21020dd368fe</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

The above error log happens at the exact time I try to shutdown. This appears to be a result of closing the GPU Tweak II application prior to shutting down. If AI Suite 3 is still running of course. The system will appear to have shut down, but it has not. Video feed is gone, but the internals of my computer are still running. Had to reset a few times in order to figure out that I needed to leave the GPU Tweak II program open in order to shut down properly.

Once again, The Dip3/4/5 etc AND the Vendor.dll errors are gone after uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh version of the AI Suite 3 (latest version from Asus). However the shut down problems have come up. I am worried what will happen if I try and run 5-way Optimization for my system. Will AI Suite try and override my GPU Tweak II settings for the video card. Will it disrupt the fan extension I have installed on the video card? AI Suites settings for the GPU never match what GPU Tweak II is running.

Many thanks,

Nimlocke

ASUS-OP
08-08-2016, 04:02 AM
Hi Nimlocke,

Please kindly confirm of the following statements are true (my understanding of your case):
1. This will only occur when you have both GPUTweakII and AiSuite 3 installed.
2. This will only occur when you attempt to shutdown your system if both GPUTweak II and AiSuite 3 are loaded in memory (Can find them in Task bar as the bottom right)
3. This will only occur when you attempt to shutdown your system if both GPUTweak II and AiSuite 3 are loaded in memory, and AiSuite 3 is active as the foreground application (can be seen from desktop)
4. You are currently running with the latest release version of both applications (GPU TweakII and AiSuite 3) without any registry change
5. GPU Tweak II is installed "after the installation of AiSuite 3.

Please kindly help to confirm if my understanding is correct to help us dig further into your case.

nec
08-08-2016, 02:52 PM
i installed the release candidate (get the pm from the asus op) over my AISuite that i downloaded from the asus web page for my mobo (Z170 Pro Gaming)
and it is working for now, no vender.ddl error.
I dont use the 5 way optimization because i dont want (need) to overclock right now with my i7 6700k
(i undervolt it a bit with a slight -offset with adaptive settings on stock clocks in the bios, because the mobo gives a bit more volt than he needs).
My asus strix 1070 is also now mentioned in the aisuite and gpu tweak II runs fine.

Thanks and greetings from germany.

Nexus7
08-08-2016, 03:39 PM
Hi Nimlocke,

Please kindly confirm of the following statements are true (my understanding of your case):
2. This will only occur when you attempt to shutdown your system if both GPUTweak II and AiSuite 3 are loaded in memory (Can find them in Task bar as the bottom right)
3. This will only occur when you attempt to shutdown your system if both GPUTweak II and AiSuite 3 are loaded in memory, and AiSuite 3 is active as the foreground application (can be seen from desktop)
4. You are currently running with the latest release version of both applications (GPU TweakII and AiSuite 3) without any registry change

Please kindly help to confirm if my understanding is correct to help us dig further into your case.

Hi Asus lab team

For me the vendor dll bug occurs with or without GPU TweakII installed.... to resolve the problem, i must rename the vendor.dll file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\VGA COM\1.00.20 folder

Oconnor
08-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Hi Nimlocke,

1) no, it doesn't happen only when GPU and Ai suite 3 are installed
2) no I tried to disable them from startup
3)even if they are disabled from start up once opened once to check temp or do modifies there you go with the problem .Some process of ai suite were running (I can't remember the exact name).
4) yes latest versions of ai suite 3 and gpu tweak tool and also latest bios. I also tried to use older versions of ai suite 3 and the one off box from cd
5) yes and I also formatted the pc using just Ai suite, the main problem cames out from ai suite . There is something really wrong going on between Ai suite 3 and nvidia drivers. When I kept for more than a week my pc with just my processors GPU running without Nvidia driver installed everything was just fine.

ASUS-OP
08-08-2016, 11:30 PM
Hi Asus lab team

For me the vendor dll bug occurs with or without GPU TweakII installed.... to resolve the problem, i must rename the vendor.dll file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\VGA COM\1.00.20 folder

Hi Nexus7,

Yes, you will experience this even if you only have AiSuite 3 installed, as this module is bundled inside the AiSuite 3 package.
Please kindly drop me a private message if you will like to try the release candidate.

Many thanks.

ASUS-OP
08-09-2016, 01:26 AM
Hi Oconnor,

Will you like to try if the release candidate helps in any way? If it still fails to resolve your issue, I will get your technical details and dive deeper into this case.
What do you think?

nimlocke
08-09-2016, 07:24 AM
Hi Nimlocke,

ASUS-OP

1. Yes, this has only occurred when I have BOTH GPUTweakII and AiSuite 3 installed. I previously uninstalled AiSuite 3 and that removed my original Dip / Vendor.dll errors.

2. No, The shutdown / System Hang Error is only occurring when A) I reinstalled AiSuite 3 (Dip / Vendor.dll errors disappeared) and B) If I had both programs running, but then turned off GPUTweakII (AiS 3 still running) and attempted to shut down. I am able to perform a full and correct shutdown if I leave BOTH programs running.

3. No, I haven't tested that scenario. However, with GPUTweakII in the forground and AiSuite 3 in the background (running on task bar lower right) I can shut down with no error.

4. Yes, after I uninstalled the previous AiSuite 3, I downloaded the most current version from asus.com/support. No registry change was needed. Dip / Vender.dll errors disappeared. There still appears to be some conflict between the programs and possibly the display driver.

5. No, Originally GPU tweak was installed on top of my already functioning AiSuite 3. I have since removed the AiSuite 3 and downloaded the latest version from asus.com/support. Essentially that has GPUTweakII operational prior to the new install of AiSuite 3. This removed the original Dip / Vendor.dll errors as stated above.

Also you can see that in my previous post with the error log during shutdown there was a problem with "ASGT", which appears to be the identifier for GPUTweakII. There error happens at the exact same time that the shutdown fails. Keep in mind the failure to shutdown was after I closed the GPUTweakII program. It appears that it is continuing to run in the background when not present on the lower right task bar.

VR/

Nim

xstrike9999
08-09-2016, 12:38 PM
How long till this "release candidate" is actually released?

Oconnor
08-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Hi Oconnor,

Will you like to try if the release candidate helps in any way? If it still fails to resolve your issue, I will get your technical details and dive deeper into this case.
What do you think?

Sure I'd like to try it. I hope it can show the problem cause there is not a real BSOD no crash but the system hangs out forever with the screen saying rebooting or shutting down.

I was also tryinjg to investigate other possible causes to reproduce it. But it seems that it happens only when the graphic card an asus as well and nvidia driver are installed . I tried with and without firewall software wondering if comodo had some conflict with it, but all the others having the same iussue might surely using other software than comodo. Once after fresh system install without any other software installed (no antivirus no firewall) just ai suite 3 and nvidia driver the problem came back

Kaliman
08-10-2016, 01:14 AM
Sure I'd like to try it. I hope it can show the problem cause there is not a real BSOD no crash but the system hangs out forever with the screen saying rebooting or shutting down.

I was also tryinjg to investigate other possible causes to reproduce it. But it seems that it happens only when the graphic card an asus as well and nvidia driver are installed . I tried with and without firewall software wondering if comodo had some conflict with it, but all the others having the same iussue might surely using other software than comodo. Once after fresh system install without any other software installed (no antivirus no firewall) just ai suite 3 and nvidia driver the problem came back

Out of curiosity, when you installed AISuite, did you install the USB 3 Boost? Did it install successfully or hang?

When I try to install the USB 3 Boost on my Z170 Pro Gaming it hangs, once it hangs on the install, or uninstall the computer then fails to shutdown or reboot. Instead the system hangs on the shutting down or rebooting screen with the spinning dots.

NeoBeum
08-10-2016, 09:18 AM
I'm too lazy to read through the 10 pages of this thread, but if the OS is the latest patch for 1607 or 1511, AI Suite 3 is causing problems with an NVIDIA thing..
I found a thread about it somewhere else. Can't remember if it was on a MS or NVidia forum.

Oconnor
08-10-2016, 10:18 PM
Out of curiosity, when you installed AISuite, did you install the USB 3 Boost? Did it install successfully or hang?

When I try to install the USB 3 Boost on my Z170 Pro Gaming it hangs, once it hangs on the install, or uninstall the computer then fails to shutdown or reboot. Instead the system hangs on the shutting down or rebooting screen with the spinning dots.

yes I install USB boost it's one of the 3 things I take of that suite ( if I could do it, I'd drop also the utility to clean pc, I prefer cleaner).

I install only the essential USB boost , dual intelligent processor and last thing system information. Besides there seems tobe a slowness with USB transferring I rea on fora caused by windows 7 and I hope so, I'll try an 8 or 8.1 soon.

The old asus epu 6 engine and pc probe software was much more stable stuff and never had iussue with them.This suite honestly looks nice but gives more iussues.

I'm too lazy to read through the 10 pages of this thread, but if the OS is the latest patch for 1607 or 1511, AI Suite 3 is causing problems with an NVIDIA thing..
I found a thread about it somewhere else. Can't remember if it was on a MS or NVidia forum.

Yes NeoBeum I can confirm it must be related to some conflict with nvidia drivers. I ran my pc only with my gpu integrated in processor ai suite and all was fine also using just for stress test the overclock features. I have been trying all the possible nvidia drivers . Starting from the one off box of my strix, then the ones on asus site, then the ones from nvidia site including the ones not supporting the serie 10 and the ones supporting serie 10 too. Thjere must be something with ai suite that coflicts with those drivers and causes this other iussue too.

Magnum P.I.
08-10-2016, 11:10 PM
Hi guys! anyone have a clue on how to fix this??

I had access to Aisuite 3 before when I got my new computer. I installed some updates from windows/installed NVidia 1070 etc, then It stopped working and I got this error message!!!

(I got z170 pro motherboard)

it should be software related since I had access to it before?

please any help is great!

and Ausus fix your damn problems!!!I have the same vendor.dll problem with my Rampage V Extreme motherboard. I am using the ASUS GTX 1080 STRIX card.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?86910-After-Video-Driver-Update-AI-Suite-3-shows-Access-Violation-error-message&p=603197#post603197

Any solution so far?

a340500
08-11-2016, 08:19 AM
i installed the release candidate (get the pm from the asus op) over my AISuite that i downloaded from the asus web page for my mobo (Z170 Pro Gaming)
and it is working for now, no vender.ddl error.
I dont use the 5 way optimization because i dont want (need) to overclock right now with my i7 6700k
(i undervolt it a bit with a slight -offset with adaptive settings on stock clocks in the bios, because the mobo gives a bit more volt than he needs).
My asus strix 1070 is also now mentioned in the aisuite and gpu tweak II runs fine.

Thanks and greetings from germany.

same here - Release candidate AI Suite III_V10146 works - no errors so far..
Please PM ASUS-OP for the latest release candidate.

Work around provided by Nexus7 is good for those waiting on the release candidate:
Hi all,

It's very easy:

Now reboot your pc, install or open (if AI suite is already installed) the AI suit windows ... Enjoy

ASUS-OP
08-15-2016, 12:37 AM
I have the same vendor.dll problem with my Rampage V Extreme motherboard. I am using the ASUS GTX 1080 STRIX card.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?86910-After-Video-Driver-Update-AI-Suite-3-shows-Access-Violation-error-message&p=603197#post603197

Any solution so far?

Hi there,

Please drop me a private message requesting for the release candidate, I will pass you the download link then.

Many thanks.

BURNSL
08-15-2016, 04:00 PM
I too am getting Access Violations in DIP4 .... dll related problems.

Aside from Windwos 10 x64 Pro installing it's own drivers, I have only used the ASUS provided software, downloaded today.

Therefore, i have the latest versions provided, still - access violations.

I have uninstalled it using regular Windows method and ASUS cleaner
What do you suggest I do now?

ASUS-OP
08-15-2016, 11:32 PM
Hi BURNSL,

The release candidate is part of the next release version which was prepared for systems already suffer from this issue utilizing existing release builds.
Please drop me a private message requesting for the release candidate, and I will pass you the download link.

Many thanks.

I too am getting Access Violations in DIP4 .... dll related problems.

Aside from Windwos 10 x64 Pro installing it's own drivers, I have only used the ASUS provided software, downloaded today.

Therefore, i have the latest versions provided, still - access violations.

I have uninstalled it using regular Windows method and ASUS cleaner
What do you suggest I do now?

EAGLE 5
08-16-2016, 10:53 PM
I had AI Suite III running fine with an old GTX 760 from Gigabyte. I bought the Asus Strix GTX 1070 O8C and after installing it and its software I started getting the VENDER.dll error.

1. Yes.
2. not sure because I uninstalled Ai Suite to get the system to work.
3. not sure because I uninstalled Ai Suite to get the system to work.
4. Yes.
5. Tried installing it before and after installing Ai Suite 3 no change.

Thanks.

Hi Nimlocke,

ASUS-OP
08-16-2016, 11:43 PM
I had AI Suite III running fine with an old GTX 760 from Gigabyte. I bought the Asus Strix GTX 1070 O8C and after installing it and its software I started getting the VENDER.dll error.

1. Yes.
2. not sure because I uninstalled Ai Suite to get the system to work.
3. not sure because I uninstalled Ai Suite to get the system to work.
4. Yes.
5. Tried installing it before and after installing Ai Suite 3 no change.

Thanks.
In this case please drop me a private message, I will pass you the release candidate to try.

xstrike9999
08-17-2016, 01:59 AM
The release candidate I got stopped working after Nvidia drivers updated today. Getting the same vender.dll error on startup again.

ASUS-OP
08-17-2016, 03:17 AM
The release candidate I got stopped working after Nvidia drivers updated today. Getting the same vender.dll error on startup again.

Hi xstrike9999,

Can you please kindly advice on the driver version you have right now to help us verify this matter?

Nexus7
08-17-2016, 10:20 AM
Hi Asus Lab Team

I've tested the RC AI Suite 3 on a W10 64. For me it's ok. No vendor DLL bug after. :rolleyes:
Graphic card menu is again present in the TPU option... present and full functionnal :)

I now it is a RC soft but, i have installed the usb 3.0 boost module 1.10.00 (not present in the RC files). No probleme detected ! :D

Great job Team, check with the others users but for me i'ts OK now with the RC soft.

Regards

N7

batkoin
08-18-2016, 09:21 AM
Hi Asus Lab Team

I've tested the RC AI Suite 3 on a W10 64. For me it's ok. No vendor DLL bug after. :rolleyes:
Graphic card menu is again present in the TPU option... present and full functionnal :)

I now it is a RC soft but, i have installed the usb 3.0 boost module 1.10.00 (not present in the RC files). No probleme detected ! :D

Great job Team, check with the others users but for me i'ts OK now with the RC soft.

Regards

N7

I would like to give you a hand:) for .bak solution men! you help me a lot ! and Thank you to ASUS OP good job guys! you give me quickly the patch :p

Keidj
08-18-2016, 11:24 AM
A new version of AI Suite 3 was released today, 1.01.46. NO more vendor.dll or dip5.dll execution problems. Give it a try, have fun! :)

(the AI Suite 3 release looks like its not for all motherboards or ASUS.com havent been updated yet, I have z170 pro gaming and everything is working great now)

PacoSchumi
08-18-2016, 11:56 AM
A new version of AI Suite 3 was released today, 1.01.46. NO more verdor.dll or dip5.dll execution problems. Give it a try, have fun! :)

Where can I find the download for maximus vii hero?

Thanks

Keidj
08-18-2016, 12:18 PM

Thanks

I just had a look at ASUS.com for your MOBO. I dont know anything in particular regarding your MOBO, maybe the "utilities" section hasnt been updated yet?

xstrike9999
08-18-2016, 02:13 PM
Hi xstrike9999,

Can you please kindly advice on the driver version you have right now to help us verify this matter?

Driver version is the latest official Nvidia update 372.54

PacoSchumi
08-18-2016, 02:21 PM
I just had a look at ASUS.com for your MOBO. I dont know anything in particular regarding your MOBO, maybe the "utilities" section hasnt been updated yet?

Which is your mobo? Still nothing for mine :(

xstrike9999
08-18-2016, 02:22 PM

Thanks

I don't see the new AI Suite 1.01.46 for the Z97 series. My Maximus VII Formula doesn't have the new version either

Keidj
08-18-2016, 03:10 PM
Which is your mobo? Still nothing for mine :(

Z170 pro gaming. For what its worth, AI Suite 3 is working better than ever before for me. Maybe ASUS is updateing the "utilities" section for each MOBO and start with the most "popular" ones?

ASUS-OP
08-19-2016, 01:09 AM
Z170 pro gaming. For what its worth, AI Suite 3 is working better than ever before for me. Maybe ASUS is updateing the "utilities" section for each MOBO and start with the most "popular" ones?

Hi keidi,

Yes, good guess. As different models has different support modules, they will be uploaded online separately based on the time of completion of validation process on each model.
We should see more models receiving the official release in the next couple of days.

Azu
08-19-2016, 11:15 AM
The driver page for RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 still does not have the latest version of AIsuite - I guess it will be fixed soon?

Keidj
08-19-2016, 01:36 PM
The driver page for RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 still does not have the latest version of AIsuite - I guess it will be fixed soon?

Read the message from ASUS-OP in the comment above yours :D

Azu
08-19-2016, 02:21 PM
Read the message from ASUS-OP in the comment above yours :D

Yep - saw that - thanks. I was hoping for an updated estimated time frame from OP - but it's all good!

pamarakos
08-19-2016, 06:12 PM
Hi keidi,

Yes, good guess. As different models has different support modules, they will be uploaded online separately based on the time of completion of validation process on each model.
We should see more models receiving the official release in the next couple of days.

So meanwhile I can use Z170 pro gaming version of Ai suite 3.0 for my Maximus VIII Formula or better wait for my dedicated version?

Thanks

Keidj
08-19-2016, 06:46 PM
So meanwhile I can use Z170 pro gaming version of Ai suite 3.0 for my Maximus VIII Formula or better wait for my dedicated version?

Thanks

I wouldnt do that. There's a reason, whatever it may be, that there are different AI Suite 3 versions for different motherboards. Is there anything in particular that you must have control over right now? If so maybe I can direct you to another software meanwhile? If its for fan control I suggest use Q fan through BIOS meanwhile. Set a profile that doesnt disturb you but so that it still cools well enough when gaming and is quiet enough when browsing or not using a headset.

pamarakos
08-19-2016, 07:07 PM
I wouldnt do that. There's a reason, whatever it may be, that there are different AI Suite 3 versions for different motherboards. Is there anything in particular that you must have control over right now? If so maybe I can direct you to another software meanwhile? If its for fan control I suggest use Q fan through BIOS meanwhile. Set a profile that doesnt disturb you but so that it still cools well enough when gaming and is quiet enough when browsing or not using a headset.

Ok then...so better wait for the new ai suite 3 update which will solve the issue, right? It will come out following days I guess?
Cause I installed my new gtx 1070 oc strix today and problem came on:(
I was fully ok with the onboard gpu before...maybe if the update doesn't appear soon I ll remove my new gtx for now...
Thanks

Keidj
08-19-2016, 07:12 PM
Ok then...so better wait for the new ai suite 3 update which will solve the issue, right? It will come out following days I guess?
Cause I installed my new gtx 1070 oc strix today and problem came on:(
I was fully ok with the onboard gpu before...maybe if the update doesn't appear soon I ll remove my new gtx for now...
Thanks

Just uninstall and live without it for a while. I survived 2 months :D btw. you 1070 is fine, its just some interference with drivers and stuff. Uninstall and use other software meanwhile. If you need any help let me know.

pamarakos
08-19-2016, 07:22 PM
Just uninstall and live without it for a while. I survived 2 months :D btw. you 1070 is fine, its just some interference with drivers and stuff. Uninstall and use other software meanwhile. If you need any help let me know.

This "while" will be long? Since z170 gaming update is already up, I hope not:)

Thanks for.your.help.and info

kwc813
08-22-2016, 06:12 PM
I'm having the same issue with X99, been gathering the AISuite 3 updates all over the web and I see no mention of probs w/that platform yet, or did I miss
something? Mine's an X99 Deluxe running GTX 1080 off a 5930K and I'm seeing the exact same thing that all 14 pages of this thread refer to. I've got a 5820K
build for a different client with an ASRock X99 Extreme going on now, think I'll see what that software CD does that Asus stuff doesn't do with the Nvidia drivers.

I've got 3 1080's and a 1070, am using the Asus branded 1080 in my X99 Deluxe now without GPU Tweak II, I use Precision X OC. I'll follow up with the ASRock
software experience... no one ever stays number 1 forever but I certainly wouldn't think Asus and Nvidia weren't on the same software oriented wavelength all
through the development process.

pamarakos
08-24-2016, 11:55 AM
Is there aby moderator who is in contact with Asus to tell us a certain answer when the ai suite 3.0 update will be out???
Come on guys...400eur for a maximus 8 formula and 600 eur for asus strix 1070, both Asus both expensive and no updates???
Only for the z170 gaming??????
Please let us all know...we are on your side, we all purchase your expensive products, please support us!!

jkrueger1
08-24-2016, 07:38 PM
I have a slightly older Maximus VII Hero and was hoping I would get this fix. From what I've been seeing its the newer motherboards that seem to be mentioned overall. I recently upgraded to a new ASUS Turbo GTX 1070 GPU and am getting the same issue. I know this motherboard also has the AI Suite 3 as well... I have no problem waiting, just knowing that there will fix coming soon would be appreciated. I have no idea how long ASUS supports their motherboards... LOL!

ASUS-OP
08-25-2016, 02:36 AM
Is there aby moderator who is in contact with Asus to tell us a certain answer when the ai suite 3.0 update will be out???
Come on guys...400eur for a maximus 8 formula and 600 eur for asus strix 1070, both Asus both expensive and no updates???
Only for the z170 gaming??????
Please let us all know...we are on your side, we all purchase your expensive products, please support us!!

Hi pamarakos,

I am the one you are after.
The AiSuite 3 software for ROG series and X99 series has only just been sent to our QTC lab for validation last week, should be done soon if they have not reported issues validating them.
Meanwhile there is a newer release candidate based on that build last week, which fixes the icon missing problem some people were having after testing the last release candidate.
Please drop me a private message if you wish to evaluate this build prior the actual release schedule.

Many thanks.

ASUS-OP
08-25-2016, 02:38 AM
I have a slightly older Maximus VII Hero and was hoping I would get this fix. From what I've been seeing its the newer motherboards that seem to be mentioned overall. I recently upgraded to a new ASUS Turbo GTX 1070 GPU and am getting the same issue. I know this motherboard also has the AI Suite 3 as well... I have no problem waiting, just knowing that there will fix coming soon would be appreciated. I have no idea how long ASUS supports their motherboards... LOL!

Hi jkrueger1,

The update is coming to your board as well.
Meanwhile, please private message me to get the latest release candidate version 1.01.50 to fix your immediate issue ahead of the release schedule.

Many thanks.

jkrueger1
08-25-2016, 05:27 AM
Hi jkrueger1,

The update is coming to your board as well.
Meanwhile, please private message me to get the latest release candidate version 1.01.50 to fix your immediate issue ahead of the release schedule.

Many thanks.

Many thanks ASUS-OP!

I am pleased to report that I just installed the RC and I haven't experienced the same issue (Vendor dll issue as per thread) as I did before running the older version available on the ASUS download page.

I will test the RC based off how I use the software on my rig and should I encounter any issues I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks again for the support!

pamarakos
08-25-2016, 07:34 PM
Hi pamarakos,

I am the one you are after.
The AiSuite 3 software for ROG series and X99 series has only just been sent to our QTC lab for validation last week, should be done soon if they have not reported issues validating them.
Meanwhile there is a newer release candidate based on that build last week, which fixes the icon missing problem some people were having after testing the last release candidate.
Please drop me a private message if you wish to evaluate this build prior the actual release schedule.

Many thanks.

At last a responsible answer/response from a responsible person. Thanks a lot for your response, I think everybody with Z170 ROG expensive product will be more
thank happy now, I can say satisfied to know that their complaints went through and somebody heard them. I've received some messages on my mailbox having exactly the same complaints with me , so I guess they see this too.

Thanks

aciddpl
08-26-2016, 03:19 AM
Hi guys,

I've got the same problem here, so I'm also happy that I've found this thread

My Problem: "Access violation (...)"

My specs:
- Windows 10
- i5 4690K
- Asus Z97-Pro Gamer
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070
- Nvidia driver 372.54
- ASUS AI Suite 3 1.01.02

Can i get solution? Many Thanks! :)

ASUS-OP
08-26-2016, 04:33 AM
Hi aciddpl,

Please drop me a private message to access the new release candidate 1.01.50. This should hopefully be able to iron out this issue for you prior official release.

Hi guys,

I've got the same problem here, so I'm also happy that I've found this thread

My Problem: "Access violation (...)"

My specs:
- Windows 10
- i5 4690K
- Asus Z97-Pro Gamer
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070
- Nvidia driver 372.54
- ASUS AI Suite 3 1.01.02

Can i get solution? Many Thanks! :)

An0rak
08-26-2016, 06:51 PM
Thanks ASUS-OP!

Your release candidate worked like a charm.

ASUS Maximus VII HERO
Windows 10 64
ASUS GTX 1080 STRIX

lopezoa
08-27-2016, 10:22 PM
Got my GTX 1080 Strix today and ran into the "Vender.DLL" error in AISuite III after installing the required software to use with the graphics card. My PC specs are:

Asus Z97 Maximus Formula VII Motherboard
Intel 4790K Core i7 Processor
Patriot Viper 2133 RAM (32GB)
Asus GTX 1080 Strix Graphics Card
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

I would appreciate if a an Asus Administrator can let me know if there is a AISuite III fix for my MB - specially after spending $669.99 (plus tax)!

ASUS-OP
08-29-2016, 12:44 AM
Hi lopezoa,

Please drop me a message requesting for the release candidate, I will pass that to you to evaluate before the completion of validation process of the release build.

Got my GTX 1080 Strix today and ran into the "Vender.DLL" error in AISuite III after installing the required software to use with the graphics card. My PC specs are:

Asus Z97 Maximus Formula VII Motherboard
Intel 4790K Core i7 Processor
Patriot Viper 2133 RAM (32GB)
Asus GTX 1080 Strix Graphics Card
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

I would appreciate if a an Asus Administrator can let me know if there is a AISuite III fix for my MB - specially after spending $669.99 (plus tax)!

Kanzuli
08-29-2016, 05:31 AM
Hello! I just bought my Asus GTX 1070 Strix and unfortunately ran into these problems aswell with Aisuite 3 "Access violation at address...". If there is a solution for my motherboard and gpu aswell I could give it a try!
My specs are:

Asus Z170 Pro
Intel 6600K Core i5 Processor
Corsair Vengeance 3200 RAM (16GB)
Asus GTX 1070 Strix Graphics Card
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Thanks in advance!

ASUS-OP
08-29-2016, 06:06 AM
Hi Kanzuli,

Likewise, please drop me a private message to access the release candidate 1.01.50.

Hello! I just bought my Asus GTX 1070 Strix and unfortunately ran into these problems aswell with Aisuite 3 "Access violation at address...". If there is a solution for my motherboard and gpu aswell I could give it a try!
My specs are:

Asus Z170 Pro
Intel 6600K Core i5 Processor
Corsair Vengeance 3200 RAM (16GB)
Asus GTX 1070 Strix Graphics Card
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Thanks in advance!

lopezoa
08-29-2016, 08:29 PM
Hi lopezoa,

Please drop me a message requesting for the release candidate, I will pass that to you to evaluate before the completion of validation process of the release build.

Hello,

I got the release candidate from you. I installed it on top of my existing AI Suite. While the Vender.DLL error went away, when tuning the fans, it is not possible to select their location (front chassis, back chassis, etc). Is there a fix for this?

ASUS-OP
08-30-2016, 01:31 AM
Hello,

I got the release candidate from you. I installed it on top of my existing AI Suite. While the Vender.DLL error went away, when tuning the fans, it is not possible to select their location (front chassis, back chassis, etc). Is there a fix for this?

Hi lopezoa,

Thank you for the valuable feedback, we will look into this.

regards,

Nitua
08-30-2016, 12:14 PM
Hi guys,

I've got the same problem here, so I'm also happy that I've found this thread. I come from Paris, France, and I'm very frustrated about this issue specially with all the money spent.

My Problem: "Access violation at address 05BE57A5 in module 'Vender.dll'. Read of address 667FF9E0

My specs:
- Windows 10 Enterprise x64
- i7 5820k
- Asus x99 Deluxe
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080
- Nvidia driver 372.54
- ASUS AI Suite 3 Dual Intelligence Processors 5 1.02.14

Can i get solution? Many Thanks in advance !

PS: I only trust and buy Asus Hardwares for more than 15 years. Please help us :cool:

ASUS-OP
08-31-2016, 07:54 AM
Hi Nitua,

Please kindly drop me a private message to access the update prior official release.

regards,

Hi guys,

I've got the same problem here, so I'm also happy that I've found this thread. I come from Paris, France, and I'm very frustrated about this issue specially with all the money spent.

My Problem: "Access violation at address 05BE57A5 in module 'Vender.dll'. Read of address 667FF9E0

My specs:
- Windows 10 Enterprise x64
- i7 5820k
- Asus x99 Deluxe
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080
- Nvidia driver 372.54
- ASUS AI Suite 3 Dual Intelligence Processors 5 1.02.14

Can i get solution? Many Thanks in advance !

PS: I only trust and buy Asus Hardwares for more than 15 years. Please help us :cool:

PacoSchumi
08-31-2016, 09:58 AM
@ASUS-OP

I installed the RC version. The vendor.dll error went away, but when I run the 5-way optimization this error appears:

Access violation at address 03C9E876 in module 'dip4.dll'. Read of address 0000021A.

Then Ai Suite crashes

lopezoa
08-31-2016, 02:46 PM
When can we expect to have a fully functional AiAuite for Z97 Rog boards and others?

ASUS-OP
09-01-2016, 12:00 AM
Hi lopezoa,

Your case is a little different to the others, which I was unable to replicate on my test bench. I have sent you a message requesting a little more details to help with the investigation.
Please kindly help to provide the details, and we will see how we can help from there.

Cheers,

When can we expect to have a fully functional AiAuite for Z97 Rog boards and others?

lopezoa
09-01-2016, 07:08 AM
Hi lopezoa,

Your case is a little different to the others, which I was unable to replicate on my test bench. I have sent you a message requesting a little more details to help with the investigation.
Please kindly help to provide the details, and we will see how we can help from there.

Cheers,

Hello there,

I sent you a PM with the details requested. Please, feel free to contact me as soon as possible to replicate issue with AISuite.

PafLeLoup
09-02-2016, 06:40 AM
Hi all,

with the same problem i contact asus-op and have got new version of aisuite. Since that update the problem is done.

All run perfectly

Thanx for the answer and cya

flynkalika
09-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Hi Kanzuli,

Likewise, please drop me a private message to access the release candidate 1.01.50.

HI! same problem of all these guys :(

PC:
i7-4790k
Asus Maximus Ranger vii
Asus Strix gtx 1080 O8g
Windows 10 64bit anniversary

Is there any new beta version for my motheboard? :)

aoyu18
09-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Please drop a private message with link to the release candidate 1.01.50.

lopezoa
09-05-2016, 04:39 AM
The "vender.dll" error is no longer the issue. Now, I cant get Fan Xpert (AISuite III release candidate) to detect RPMs on PWM fans on their respective fan headers and or select fan positions in the program menu. I have tried uninstalling, using the AIsuite cleaner in safe mode, reinstalling, running the "fan tuning" option, resetting the CMOS, Qfan tuning in Bios, reinstalling Bios and all to no avail.
This is really aggravating, specially after spending well over $1400 on two Asus GTX 1080 Strix cards. There has to be someone here with the expertise to assist in resolving this issue since this is the result of having the Strix cards install in my computer rig. All my PWM fans showed up fine in AISuite III before and I was able to select the fan location. In fact, if I uninstall the AISuite II release candidate and install the current version for my motherboard, I get all my fan functionality back but I go back to contextual menu (left click) errors or "blank menus" slow downs and the "vender.dll" error. PLEASE HELP!

Specs:
Asus Z97 Formula VII Motherboard
4790K processor
32GB Patriot Viper RAM at 2133hz
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Asus GTX 1080 Strix in SLI Configuration
Latest GPUTweakII Installed (version 1.3.6.0)
AISuite III Release Candidate (version 1.01.50)

Valacer
09-09-2016, 02:53 AM
I have the same issue as well.

I have skim read a lot of whats here, there is no fix yet?

I have uninstalled AI Suite, used removal tool, reinstalled. Issue remains

Win 10 Pro x64
Maximus Ranger VII
32 GB Fury (4 x 8GB)
Intel 4790K
Strix 1070

No GPU tweak, latest version of Ai Suite 3

xstrike9999
09-09-2016, 07:46 AM
Asus OP, It has been months and there is still no actual release for the z97 series boards. What in god's name is taking so long?

lopezoa
09-09-2016, 12:48 PM
Hello there,

I sent you a PM with the details requested. Please, feel free to contact me as soon as possible to replicate issue with AISuite.
I have sent you two separate PMs and you have not replied to any of them recently. The info you requested on your last PM from 8/30 was replied the same day. Please get back to me timely!

aoyu18
09-10-2016, 11:25 AM
The "vender.dll" error is gone but now all fans are not ok.
Many fan settings (Fan Xpert) can not be edited like fan positions and just smart mode can be selected and fans are not setting max and min fan speed.
The FanCalibrationData.xml gets no new data from Fan Xpert just cpu data gets updated.
Hope it can be fixed will wait for a better rc version hope soon out.

DirtyRev
09-16-2016, 05:07 AM
I'm having the same access violation issue. Just upgraded to the Strix GTX 1080 a few weeks ago and would definitely like a fix for it.

Specs:
Windows 10 Pro x64
Asus Maximus VII Hero
i7 4790k
16GB(2x8GB) 2400GHz EVGA
Asus Strix GTX 1080

lopezoa
09-17-2016, 05:21 AM
I'm having the same access violation issue. Just upgraded to the Strix GTX 1080 a few weeks ago and would definitely like a fix for it.

Specs:
Windows 10 Pro x64
Asus Maximus VII Hero
i7 4790k
16GB(2x8GB) 2400GHz EVGA
Asus Strix GTX 1080

Asus needs to step it up and assist its customers in resolving all these different issues described throughout this thread. it's definitely plaguing users who bought Asus 1080 Strix cards with many bugs in AISuite, particularly FanXpert. This goes for both Z97 and Z170 motherboards

nfinete
09-21-2016, 11:04 PM
Skimmed thread and I am having same issues when running 5 way optimizaiton.

Hardware
X99-A II
evga 1080

Genosuke
09-24-2016, 01:56 PM
Please drop a private message with link to the release candidate 1.01.50.

Asus Maximus VII Formula
Asus Strix GTX 1080
Intel Core i7 4790k
Corsair Dominator 32GB 2400GHZ Ram
SSD Samsung 850EVO 1TB

lewbro
09-25-2016, 09:10 AM
Hi All (and ASUS Rep),

I'm having the same issue upon boot.

Rampage V Extreme
5820K i7
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz
ASUS STRIX 1080
256gb Plextor M.2
3.6TB Raid 10

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers.

Patters
09-25-2016, 10:58 PM
Hope they fix it soon, would like to re-tweak my fan x-pert a bit but can't until patch

Hero-7 MoBo
Strix 1080 oc edition

Miflett
09-26-2016, 10:27 PM
Same here, also looking for release candidate build.

Bomarr
09-27-2016, 12:49 PM
Same thing here. Maximus VII Hero + Strix 1080

wing_man
09-27-2016, 07:16 PM
Same thing here. Maximus VII Hero + Strix 1080

When I installed a new ASUS GTX1080 Strix card and downloaded driver 372.90 I get the error Access violation at address 048557A5 in module
Vender.dll read address 667FF1798. This messed up AI Suite 3. Is this problem a NVIDIA problem or an Asus problem? I was using a
GTX980 Strix card with the 372.90 driver and everything worked fine.

lopezoa
09-28-2016, 02:00 AM
When I installed a new ASUS GTX1080 Strix card and downloaded driver 372.90 I get the error Access violation at address 048557A5 in module
Vender.dll read address 667FF1798. This messed up AI Suite 3. Is this problem a NVIDIA problem or an Asus problem? I was using a
GTX980 Strix card with the 372.90 driver and everything worked fine.
Asus,

When can we expect a fix.patch new software version of AISuite III for Z97 motherboards? We have invested in GTX Strix cards and it is very irresponsible that we still have not heard from Asus about a definite fix. The release candidate has not worked for all. Read this thread and you'll find plenty of information from all of us users.

Aslstf
09-30-2016, 04:50 PM
I have the same issue with ai suite since I upgraded to asus 1080 strix advanced gpu
Can I please get the RC download link?

wing_man
09-30-2016, 11:08 PM
Are there any Asus reps monitoring this forum? If so, could you update us on the progress on fixing these problems or has Asus given up on fixing them?

wing_man
10-01-2016, 10:00 AM
Can anybody tell me if I only use AI Suite 3 fan Xpert with a Maximus 7 hero and don't use gpu tweak and change vendor.dll name will this work without errors?

Bomarr
10-01-2016, 04:50 PM
So I PM'd the mod that said to "PM me" for the updated version 5 days ago and still no reply.

Regretting not going with the EVGA 1080.

screedy83
10-02-2016, 02:00 PM
right so..... i bought the 1080 strix.i have a ranger vii board.

AI suite notworking.

same issue as everyone in here.PM`d the asus-op person to have no reply.

tried the updated ersion of ai suite from other boards......not working.

for £700 of a graphics card...purposly bought due to always buying asus casue of the quality and durability.

i am seroiusly regretting buying this brand of card.

SORT IT OUT

or atleast PM your customers back with an update.

or atleast post the betas on the pages so we can try

screedy83
10-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Right....after alot of messing around.

for what i can see the problem lies with the MEI driver issue

so i came up with a slight fix for now.

1.install strix GFX card drivers.
2.repair the MEI driver (for your boards) with thelatest version.
3. restart

this should get rid of the vender issues and let you use the DIP5 with fan xpert also.

it wont read the GFX card nor optimise that but we have GPU tweak for now.

let me know how you get on and if this works for you

VonAberg
10-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Right....after alot of messing around.

for what i can see the problem lies with the MEI driver issue

so i came up with a slight fix for now.

1.install strix GFX card drivers.
2.repair the MEI driver (for your boards) with thelatest version.
3. restart

this should get rid of the vender issues and let you use the DIP5 with fan xpert also.

it wont read the GFX card nor optimise that but we have GPU tweak for now.

let me know how you get on and if this works for you

Not doing it for me im afraid.

Installed lastest Nvidia drivers (and tried the older ones provided on the asus website)
Installed the latest MEI driver (First the one on the asus website with no luck and then the newer one from intel)

Still get te Vendor.dll issue and the dip4.dll issue.

It would seem all of us that have this issue are running Gen VII ROG motherboards as the "newer" board users have atleast got a reply
from ASUS with a Beta version that fixes the issue.

Really dissapointed with the lack of response from ASUS reps, as i also sent a PM to the rep that told us to but have not recieved any respone whatsoever.

EDIT** If you are in my situation and are annoyed by loud fans due to AISUITE not working thanks to DLL error i have gotten it to work using a tip
i read in the forum

Rename vendor.dll to vendor.dllBAK or similar and restart!!! Finally som peace and quiet until ASUS stops ignoring us!!

iPHAILZ
10-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Not doing it for me im afraid.

Installed lastest Nvidia drivers (and tried the older ones provided on the asus website)
Installed the latest MEI driver (First the one on the asus website with no luck and then the newer one from intel)

Still get te Vendor.dll issue and the dip4.dll issue.

It would seem all of us that have this issue are running Gen VII ROG motherboards as the "newer" board users have atleast got a reply
from ASUS with a Beta version that fixes the issue.

Really dissapointed with the lack of response from ASUS reps, as i also sent a PM to the rep that told us to but have not recieved any respone whatsoever.

EDIT** If you are in my situation and are annoyed by loud fans due to AISUITE not working thanks to DLL error i have gotten it to work using a tip
i read in the forum

Rename vendor.dll to vendor.dllBAK or similar and restart!!! Finally som peace and quiet until ASUS stops ignoring us!!

I have a x99 strix mobo and zotac founders 1070 and get dip4.dll errors among others i can't remember.

Admin - I wouldn't mind giving the beta Aisuite a go if you can send me a link please, my specs are below:

intel 6800k
16gb ram
x99 strix mob
zotac 1070

Laphroaig10
10-04-2016, 11:18 PM
New build:
* Intel i7‑6700K
* 16GB RAM (2 x 8GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3400)
* ASUS Maximus Gene VIII
* ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX OC

It was really disappointing to find that the first post in the thread was in June and there is still no official solution in October. No response from the rep either. Both maximus and 1080 are top asus products sold at premium prices. Having issues like this, and seeing this level of "support" is disappointing.

Was planning on getting an expensive monitor from asus but going to rethink the purchase if this is how the issues are addressed. Will also think twice before recommending asus to family, friends, and colleagues. This is sad because I considered asus quite trustworthy.

ASUS-OP
10-06-2016, 04:58 AM
Sorry guys, I was overseas last week due to an unfortunate family matter. All private messages replied.

barishacibasioglu
10-06-2016, 03:47 PM
I got the Beta AI SUITE III but it won't install.Nothing happens when I click on it...

wing_man
10-06-2016, 03:49 PM
I installed the RC and everything so far went well except AI Suite no longer loads on boot up. How do I fix that?

barishacibasioglu
10-06-2016, 04:03 PM
I managed to install it but I have 1 problem. AI SUITE III BETA install only DIP 5.How to install other programs like Charger or Usb 3.It is not the complete package

wing_man
10-06-2016, 05:02 PM
I installed the RC and everything so far went well except AI Suite no longer loads on boot up. How do I fix that?

All I need is fan xpert to load

ASUS-OP
10-07-2016, 01:14 AM
I managed to install it but I have 1 problem. AI SUITE III BETA install only DIP 5.How to install other programs like Charger or Usb 3.It is not the complete package

Hi barishacibasioglu,

The release candidate is an universal release, hence only have the DIP5 module and core module in it. Please install it "on the top of your existing AiSuite 3 installation" to get full functionality while waiting for official release for your board.

regards,

lopezoa
10-07-2016, 01:39 AM
Do you mind sending me a PM with the link to the latest release candidate, please?

Thanks in advance!

I got the Beta AI SUITE III but it won't install.Nothing happens when I click on it...

Sniper260687
10-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Where is the beta download?

Roobix
10-08-2016, 08:58 PM
@ASUS-OP

I received your link to the RC version and did the install over my current AISuite3 install. I am happy to say that everything is functioning fully. Thank you very much for helping all of us out! The one question for you that I do have, is that I see I now have a GPU section in my AISuite. Are the developers looking into maybe integrating the functions of GPU Tweak into AISuite at some point? It appears as right now it is just for monitoring purposes and to have AUSuite set your GPU fan speeds automatically (but it does overwrite your existing fan settings in GPUTweak as a 'custom' profile.) I think my vote would be for it to be integrated into AUSuite so that only one piece of software can control everything. Of course, GPU Tweak would still need to exist for those without ASUS mother boards, but for users of ASUS motherboards it would be nice to have it all in one (and include the Aura software as well!). Either way, I like it a lot. Thanks again!

For other members, I am using a X99-A (first version) mother board and a ROG STRIX GTX1080. I have seen many comment throughout the thread about this being an nVidia driver incompatibility, however, this was not the case for me. It was completely an AUSuite and GPUTweak issue independent on what nVidia drivers I had installed, or doing driver updates. When my problem first came up, I did the full removal and services delete through admin command propmt as outlined early in the thread. This got my back to AISuite working properly without GPUTweak installed. I then installed the RC over the top of the existing AUSuite and then installed the latest download version of GPUTweak (NOT the version that came on the CD with the graphics card). Everything works as intended.

On a side note, for whatever reason... when I now auto overclock with DIP5 in the new AISuite, I am hitting 300mhz higher than I ever could with the previous version. Before, my OC would fail everytime during the 4100mhz stress test and reverted back to a 4.0Ghz overclock, it now fails sometimes at the 4400mhz test and reverts to a 4300Ghz, and other times fails at 4300mhz and reverts to 4.2Ghz. The only differences I see, is there is now a 'encoding stability' check box that I have clicked on that was not there on my previous version. And also I now have a TPU I and TPU II that I can choose. My settings are based on the TPU I setting.

sorry for the wall of text..

Schatn
10-09-2016, 12:21 AM
I just got the 1070 Strix and I have AiSuite III and am getting the Access Violation error.

Can anyone tell me where I can download the AiSuite III Beta/RC ?

Saul Havok
10-09-2016, 03:45 PM
GTX 1060 Strix OC here and same error.

MSussens
10-18-2016, 01:43 PM
I have the same access error!

Asus Maximus VII Hero
Asus Strix GTX 1070
Intel Core i7 4790k

Any changes???

danvman
10-18-2016, 08:22 PM
Hi anyone got the link for the fix or download to the AiSuite III Beta/RC? Dont understand why the admin has not just put the link up instead of getting people to pm him/her :rolleyes:

lopezoa
10-19-2016, 02:47 AM
Hi anyone got the link for the fix or download to the AiSuite III Beta/RC? Dont understand why the admin has not just put the link up instead of getting people to pm him/her :rolleyes:

No, but I don't think ASUS is taking this thread and or the issues described seriously. We have not been provided with a proper fix since a release beta candidate from August and still doesn't resolve anything. I wished I would have gone with EVGA for my 1080s instead of the two GTX 1080 Strix cards from Asus. From the AISuite III compatibility issue with the Strix cards tot he GPUII Tweak software and the lack of updates to Z97 motherboards, Asus seems to care for the quick sale and that's it.

hellboy99
10-20-2016, 03:57 PM
Just purchased an Asus Strix GTX 1060 and my AI Suite no longer works?

Maximus VII Ranger, BIOS Version 3003
Windows 10 x64 (Anniversary Update)
AI Suite III Version 1.01.02
NVIDIA Drivers Version 373.06

R3T1CAL
10-21-2016, 04:43 PM
Just built my PC and this is happening to me

Maximums VIII Extreme/Assembly
STRIX GTX 1080
i7 6700K

PM mod about beta software, can any one else have the link?

beo21
10-22-2016, 10:58 AM
Just built my PC and this is happening to me

Maximums VIII Extreme/Assembly
STRIX GTX 1080
i7 6700K

PM mod about beta software, can any one else have the link?

same here

MAXIMUS VII HERO with STRIX GTX 1070 OC i7 490k

Wyndoor
10-24-2016, 06:41 PM
Is there a newer RC link i can get? I messaged the admin months ago for a beta one and it still didn't work properly. Or is this RC people are talking about the one from a couple months ago?

Kabar
10-24-2016, 09:54 PM
Just a few days ago finished building new PC: 6600K...

ASUS HERO VIII......STRIX 1070 OC....16 GB RAM.....

I'm MSI fan....decided to go ASUS way...regreting now....seems like nobody cares from ASUS.....no support,heh was thinking to buy monitor PG278Q....but will go with ACER or DELL....:(....will ask on tomshardware forum if this is normal from ASUS (lack of product support).Disappointed.:(...will go MSI next time for sure lesson learned.

cinematik
10-25-2016, 07:45 AM
Please,
i've a new job a machine unusable with

Asus Rampage V extreme

Asus GTX 1080

on Win10 with latests firmware and bios.

Can you help me for Asus AI update?

Thank you very much.

MKuL4
10-25-2016, 10:07 AM
Just got my Asus Maximus Hero VIII and the Strix 1070 OC and had to uninstall AI Suite 3.
Are you planning to release a solution soon??
Thanks

alucardcy
10-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Just got my 1060 installed gpu tweak and realized that my AI Suite is unresponsive! I can still change fan speed from the mini UI but the rest is not responding.
Any news on the fix?

kapanak
10-31-2016, 06:17 AM
I have recently (October 28th) reassembled my computer after an RMA, and purchased a new graphics card, and have been getting the following error when launching AISuite 3:

Access violation at address 05BE57A5 in module 'Vender.dll'. Read of address 667FF9E0

My computer specs are as follows:

Intel i7 4790K
Asus Maximus VII Formula Z97
Asus Strix GTX 1060 OC
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Samsung 850 Pro SSD
etc. etc. etc.

Running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Latest Version 375.70 GeForce drivers

I have the latest version of AISuite3 and GPUTweakII from the respective support download pages of my Motherboard and GPU from the Asus site installed.

I have no access to any of the main page of AISuite3 controls that I had prior to installing the new Asus Strix GTX 1060 OC GPU.

I have messaged the Admin and will install the AISuite 3 RC and see if there are any changes.

stan.kay
11-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Just purchased an Asus Strix GTX 1060 and my AI Suite no longer works?

Maximus VII Ranger, BIOS Version 3003
Windows 10 x64 (Anniversary Update)
AI Suite III Version 1.01.02
NVIDIA Drivers Version 373.06

Me too:(

morpwr
11-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Same basic setup as everyone else on here except gtx1080 and ive got the same problems with ai suite.

stan.kay
11-04-2016, 11:14 AM
ASUS Support contacted me this morning and gave me a link to download a new version of ASUS AI Suite. I downloaded it, uninstalled my current version and installed the new version.....................Oh no it still displays the same error messages and AI Suite still does not work. I have reported back and await their next response.

Since my card is only 2 days old then I am close to returning it to Amazon for a full refund and buying an EVGA card which is getting rave reviews

stan.kay
11-07-2016, 05:03 PM
ASUS Support contacted me this morning and gave me a link to download a new version of ASUS AI Suite. I downloaded it, uninstalled my current version and installed the new version.....................Oh no it still displays the same error messages and AI Suite still does not work. I have reported back and await their next response.

Since my card is only 2 days old then I am close to returning it to Amazon for a full refund and buying an EVGA card which is getting rave reviews

Support emailed me again asking me to:-

1. Use AI SuiteIII Cleaner to remove the old version of AI Suite III then restart.
2. Install AI Suite III as Admintrator and reboot.

I followed those instructions but they did not resolve the problem and I got exactly the same error messages as before. I have reported back my findings and await another response.

WillieT
11-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Installed Asus Strix GTX 1080 OC on 07.06.2016 after installing I started getting the VENDER.dll error. -
Need link Please.

Strix 1080 OC
X99 Deluxe
i7-5960X
AX1200i
16 gb
Samsung 850 Pro 512
etc.

footer
11-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Did a complete fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and still manage to get the dreaded Access Violation.

Currently installed.
375.70 Nvidia Drivers
1.01.02 AI Suite 3
1.3.9.7 GPU Tweak2

Components
Asus X99-Pro/3.1 Motherboard
Asus 1080 Strix OC
i7 5820k
64GB RAM 2400mhz

Are there any working combinations of driver and software? Any beta software?

LUISMACIAL
11-09-2016, 01:44 AM
All ok ;) (AI SUITE 3 DIP 5 / GPU TWEAKLL / AURA)
strix gtx 1080 oc
Bios REV. 3103
Rename file
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\VGA COM\1.00.20\vender.dll

stan.kay
11-09-2016, 12:51 PM
All ok ;) (AI SUITE 3 DIP 5 / GPU TWEAKLL / AURA)
strix gtx 1080 oc
Bios REV. 3103
Rename file

Unfortunately the change you propose does NOT work for many people. In some cases it creates the illussion of working but when you actually attempt to choose fans speeds using Fan Xpert (those marked Silent, Standard, Turbo and Full Speed|) only the Full Speed works correcrctly the others do not work correctly.

tetrius
11-09-2016, 05:00 PM
I have the same problem as everyone else in this thread.
confi:

Win10
ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Strix Gaming
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Socket-1151
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Processor 4ghz
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB (2x8GB) / 3200MHz / DDR4 / CL16 / CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
Samsung SSD 850 EVO SSD 1TB (MZ-75E1T0B/EU)

(i have sent private message to ASUS-OP)

LUISMACIAL
11-09-2016, 11:11 PM
Unfortunately the change you propose does NOT work for many people. In some cases it creates the illussion of working but when you actually attempt to choose fans speeds using Fan Xpert (those marked Silent, Standard, Turbo and Full Speed|) only the Full Speed works correcrctly the others do not work correctly.

WINDOWS 8.1 PRO X64BITS
STRIX GTX 1080 OC
HERO BIOS rev. 3103
1-Uninstall AiSuite using Program/Features
2-Uninstall GPU Tweak/GPU Tweak II (I had GPU Tweak II)
3-Clean pc with revo unistaller or ccleaner
4-Restart pc
5-Install not run "GPU Tweak/Aura/ASUS AI Suite 3 DIP 5"
6-Rename file

Fans speeds using Fan Xpert (those marked Silent, Standard, Turbo and Full Speed,) + personal adjustment works correcrctly + asus GPU Tweakll works correcrctly + aura LED works.

"check ok" :)

stan.kay
11-10-2016, 07:49 AM
WINDOWS 8.1 PRO X64BITS
STRIX GTX 1080 OC
HERO BIOS rev. 3103
4-Restart pc
6-Rename file

Fans speeds using Fan Xpert (those marked Silent, Standard, Turbo and Full Speed,) + personal adjustment works correcrctly + asus GPU Tweakll works correcrctly + aura LED works.

Many thanks for your response giving details of how you got your system to work correctly. I, and many others, used exactly the same procedure but it did not solve our problem. The issue is WHY does the procedure work for you but not for others? In my view, the key is are there any diffreneces in our PC systems? In my case the differences are: -

1. You are using Windows 8.1 and I am using Windows 10
2. You are using a Hero motherboard and I am using a Z97 Deluxe
3. You are using a STRIX GTX 1080 and I am using a STRIX GTX 1060
4. Another important issue is whether any of my software (i.e NVIDIA drivers) is impacting the function of AI Suite. This has been dismissed because if I simply remove my new ASUS GTX 1060 and return my old EVGA GTX770 then AI Suite III works perfectly. It follows that, for me, NVIDIA drivers and all other software CANNOT be the cause because using my EVGA GTX770 does not produce problems. Clearly, something inherent in my ASUS GTX 1060 is causing the problem.
4. My final point is that I got the problem and I have NOT installed GPU Tweak/Aura so they are not causing the problem.

My discussions with ASUS Technical Support have covered ALL of these differences, and unfortunately, they are yet to determine WHAT is causing this issue for so many people.

SUPPLEMENT: I have completed further investigations and have established that the act of installing any of the ASUS GTX 1000 series cards creates the following new services in addition to the AsusFanControlService which is installed by an ASUS Motherboard: -

1. ASUS Com Service
2. ASUS HM Com Service
3. ASUS System Control Service

Since my own tests clearly show that software from other suppliers (i.e. NVIDIA) is NOT causing the problem then I sense that these 3 new services may be conflicting. I shall do further tests to validate this hypothesis.

stan.kay
11-10-2016, 05:12 PM
Many thanks for your response giving details of how you got your system to work correctly. I, and many others, used exactly the same procedure but it did not solve our problem. The issue is WHY does the procedure work for you but not for others? In my view, the key is are there any diffreneces in our PC systems? In my case the differences are: -

1. You are using Windows 8.1 and I am using Windows 10
2. You are using a Hero motherboard and I am using a Z97 Deluxe
3. You are using a STRIX GTX 1080 and I am using a STRIX GTX 1060
4. Another important issue is whether any of my software (i.e NVIDIA drivers) is impacting the function of AI Suite. This has been dismissed because if I simply remove my new ASUS GTX 1060 and return my old EVGA GTX770 then AI Suite III works perfectly. It follows that, for me, NVIDIA drivers and all other software CANNOT be the cause because using my EVGA GTX770 does not produce problems. Clearly, something inherent in my ASUS GTX 1060 is causing the problem.
4. My final point is that I got the problem and I have NOT installed GPU Tweak/Aura so they are not causing the problem.

My discussions with ASUS Technical Support have covered ALL of these differences, and unfortunately, they are yet to determine WHAT is causing this issue for so many people.

SUPPLEMENT: I have completed further investigations and have established that the act of installing any of the ASUS GTX 1000 series cards creates the following new services in addition to the AsusFanControlService which is installed by an ASUS Motherboard: -

1. ASUS Com Service
2. ASUS HM Com Service
3. ASUS System Control Service

Since my own tests clearly show that software from other suppliers (i.e. NVIDIA) is NOT causing the problem then I sense that these 3 new services may be conflicting. I shall do further tests to validate this hypothesis.

At last there is proof that the aforementioned services are indeed conflicting. The solution for me was to: -

1. Uninstall AiSuite using Program/Features
2. Uninstall GPU Tweak
3. Open an admin cmd prompt
4. Type Services.msc then find all services that start with ASUS. I found four namely ASUS Com Service, ASUS HM Com Service, ASUS System Control Service and AsusFanControlService. Then stop each one.
5. Open properties for each one and note the four Service Names.
6. Now return to the Command Prompt and type "sc delete <service name>" Don't use the dispaly name and don't use the symbols < and > as they are only place markers. When the delete process is completed, repeat the process for each of the identified services.
7. Delete the ASUS folder in Program Files and Program Files x86 then reboot.
8. When the reboot is completed, reinstall Ai Suite III but DO NOT install GPU Tweak

Good luck

rzucpalenie
11-12-2016, 07:41 PM
does anyone know when this new version of AI 3 will be available for download?

works for me in this way, I turn off Ai 3 (dont unistall Ai 3 and GPU Tweak), and turn on AI 3 from start menu - then Ai 3 and GPU Tweak II working properly

the problem occurs only when I start windows!

rzucpalenie
11-12-2016, 07:44 PM
WINDOWS 8.1 PRO X64BITS
STRIX GTX 1080 OC
HERO BIOS rev. 3103
4-Restart pc
6-Rename file

Rename form "?" to "?" ???

lailoken
11-17-2016, 02:36 AM
I'm having the same issues, GTX1080 STRIX A8G with Z170 Premium motherboard on Windows 7.

Is there a temporary fix?

rokK0
11-17-2016, 01:54 PM
I'm having the same issues, GTX1080 STRIX A8G with Z170 Premium motherboard on Windows 7.

Is there a temporary fix?

hey man ,

The main problem of the whole thing: DO NOT USE THE ASUS STRIX DRIVER CD. A thousand answers here in the thread but no leads to the goal.

Delete gputweak, aura and aisuite3 completely.
Use "revo cleaner" for it (be careful with revo cleaner) also temp files. Best start your pc in safe mode. To delete all aisuite entries.
Download the latest versions of gputweak, aura & gputweak cleaner from the asus page down.
Run the gputweak cleaner (for safety)

Install aisuite3, gputweak & aura.
If everything has worked out, no error messages. With me it was so.

links : http://www.asus.com/de/search/results.aspx?SearchKey=rog%20strix%20gtx%201080&SearchType=Products&Category=0&IsSupport=False&Page=1

greetings

Mutantrex
12-01-2016, 01:42 AM
Hello,

I am having this issue as well, I am unable to find a working solution.

I've tried uninstalling, using the cleaner, running ccleaner, reinstalling.

everything was working great with my 970, and then I put in my dual 1080 strix cards.

I am NOT using GPU Tweak I or II, its not even installed, and I also don't have Aura installed either.

When is Asus going to put an update out for this? its incredibly frustrating.

Thanks!

EDIT: Issue solved, see post below.

Mutantrex
12-01-2016, 02:57 AM
This worked for me as well. Thank you Stan.Kay! I hope this works for others as well

At last there is proof that the aforementioned services are indeed conflicting. The solution for me was to: -

1. Uninstall AiSuite using Program/Features
2. Uninstall GPU Tweak
3. Open an admin cmd prompt
4. Type Services.msc then find all services that start with ASUS. I found four namely ASUS Com Service, ASUS HM Com Service, ASUS System Control Service and AsusFanControlService. Then stop each one.
5. Open properties for each one and note the four Service Names.
6. Now return to the Command Prompt and type "sc delete <service name>" Don't use the dispaly name and don't use the symbols < and > as they are only place markers. When the delete process is completed, repeat the process for each of the identified services.
7. Delete the ASUS folder in Program Files and Program Files x86 then reboot.
8. When the reboot is completed, reinstall Ai Suite III but DO NOT install GPU Tweak

Good luck

Stefano80
12-17-2016, 08:49 PM
Hi guys. I'm having the same problem. My specs:
I7 4790K
Maximus VII Hero
16 GB RAM Gskill Ripjaws (4x4gb)
W10 Pro Aniversary Update
Samsung SSD 850 Pro
Asus 1060 Strix

Installed W10 last night, and installed all Asus driver and utilities from the cd, AI Suite is showing the same error since the first installation. Ai Suite starts with the error and Dual Intelligent Processor never runs.
This error appeared even before installing the 1060 or GPU Tweak. I have another PC, based on Asus X99A 3.1, an i7 5820K and a SLI of Asus Titan X (series 9) and AI SUite works perfectly on this pc.

DEAD_P00L
12-25-2016, 03:55 AM
I have the Asus Maximus VII Hero, 4770k with 32gb ram, windows 10, and strix 1080. Same problem as everyone else. Been having this problem for months. Would I be just better off uninstalling it completely and run front panel?

Mole65
12-31-2016, 07:05 AM
Hi All,

after installing Asus Strix GTX 1080 OC on 29.12.2016 I started getting the VENDER.dll error.

Strix 1080 OC
X99 Deluxe
i7-5930X
64 gb
Samsung 850 Pro 512
etc.

is there any solution for X99 Deluxe user right now or do I have to refund my Strix best ?

thanks and BR

beo21
01-01-2017, 11:33 PM
hey man ,

The main problem of the whole thing: DO NOT USE THE ASUS STRIX DRIVER CD. A thousand answers here in the thread but no leads to the goal.

Delete gputweak, aura and aisuite3 completely.
Use "revo cleaner" for it (be careful with revo cleaner) also temp files. Best start your pc in safe mode. To delete all aisuite entries.
Download the latest versions of gputweak, aura & gputweak cleaner from the asus page down.
Run the gputweak cleaner (for safety)

Install aisuite3, gputweak & aura.
If everything has worked out, no error messages. With me it was so.

links : http://www.asus.com/de/search/results.aspx?

SearchKey=rog%20strix%20gtx%201080&SearchType=Products&Category=0&IsSupport=False&Page=1
* greetings

hi,
did u reboot beteeen the steps?

ai suite - reboot
gputweak - reboot
aura - reboot

or all in one ?

br*

beo21
01-01-2017, 11:36 PM
i am getting a stuck pc - stuttering mouse and unusable win 10 x64 pro after latest installations
latest ai suite 3
gputweak 1.4.0.8
aura 0.0.4.1

...*

theVatansever
01-21-2017, 03:55 PM
count me in! .... Asus rog maximus gene VIII + Asus Strix GTX1080 + i7700K .... same issue...luckily update is released for whom doesn't know

''DIP5_10360
Fixes “Vendor.DLL” issue while loading AiSuite 3 on systems running new Nvidia graphics driver.
Please kindly install it overwriting your existing installation of AiSuite 3 to apply this update.''

ASUS-OP
01-23-2017, 02:25 AM
Official fix thread posted: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?90459-Release-Candidate-for-fix-to-Vender-dll-issue-with-AiSuite-3

Please move to that thread for further discussion.