PDA

View Full Version : G752 Tear down Tutorial for repasting??

PilotRaider14
06-18-2016, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know of any good tutorials to tear down the G752 model for re-pasting of the CPU and GPU?

I want to use Arctic Silver on it, see if it helps at all with temperatures.

EDIT: I've seen the time lapse video but it goes way too fast even if you pause to watch it.

Thanks.

Dreamonic
06-18-2016, 09:18 PM
http://laptopmedia.com/highlights/inside-asus-rog-g752-disassembly-internal-photos-and-upgrade-options/

The rest is pretty self-explanatory as it's similar to the G75, G750 and G751 is in terms of the order of steps taken for complete disassembly. I'd recommend following the G751 guide here (pictures for reference): http://portables4gamers.com/forum/topic/25112-tuto-d%C3%A9monter-compl%C3%A8tement-son-g751/

I would suggest taking your own G752 photos during your own disassembly following of the referenced guide mentioned above. That way others who want to do the same thing to their G752's, can then follow your guide instead.

Googlegot
06-23-2016, 06:15 PM
Be extremely careful. My friend tried repasting his laptop and he has serious overheating issues afterwords. There is a .5mm gap between the CPU and heatsink, and a copper spacer will be required or your laptop will overheat. It is possible to bend the heatsink to make up the difference but this is extremely risky and not worth it.

I would highly suggest not doing it. The temp difference was about 5-8c on the CPU and GPU when we finally got it properly installed, which is nice, but not worth the effort. Just undervolt your CPU if you want to reduce heat output (it dropped my CPU temps by 20c on stock thermal pads).

I have performed repastes on several different models of laptop, and this was by far the most difficult to get done properly. Proceed with extreme caution as it isn't hard to mess up and have your CPU hit 100c.

JustinThyme
06-24-2016, 06:37 AM
Whats wrong with your temps that would make you want to pull down a new machine to repaste?
I haven't seen anyone posting with high temps, runs much cooler than the G751.
On my G752VY I max out with 68C on the GPU and 75C on the CPU after pounding it hard with FS ultra for half an hour.

daddylongleg
07-19-2016, 07:16 PM
Whats wrong with your temps that would make you want to pull down a new machine to repaste?
I haven't seen anyone posting with high temps, runs much cooler than the G751.
On my G752VY I max out with 68C on the GPU and 75C on the CPU after pounding it hard with FS ultra for half an hour.

Maybe he has the g752vt, like me, not sure what the difference is