PDA

View Full Version : Where to find G751JT-WH71(WX) reviews?

Linerax
06-20-2016, 10:17 PM
I cannot find any reviews for this laptop model, so I am asking owners of this laptop specifically how does the laptop ventilation system work and what is the average temperature during a game session? Other advice is also helpful like what to fix/change when I get my laptop at the start.

Batogun
06-20-2016, 10:49 PM
Check the reviews of other G751JT. They're pretty much the same. You can always add your own SSD, RAM, HDD, the big difference is the G-sync in which the WH71 already has.

noobOC
06-21-2016, 04:38 AM
I have the review. I pretty much had this notion when I bought my system, but If your looking to buy the low end of a gaming laptop, your shooting yourself in the foot. The price jump between models is steep from a finanace viewpoint (graphics card is like $100-$200 difference per digit change) and remember, this is basically not upgradable. Storage is a getting cheaper everyday and for the most part, not even on board anything anymore. (cds-dvds are a dying breed.)
But if you can hack the bill, go big or go home with the G series.
That's my piece on the model. But if your like me the only reason to buy a laptop Is out of necessity. If you don't need a laptop,really need one, go desktop. You will get way more out of a mid case or something you can mod

Batogun
06-21-2016, 07:05 AM
JT has the gtx 970m gpu which is more than capable of handling the 1080 resolution of the G751. I have the JT-CH71 which has almost identical specs ( 970m gpu, 16gb ram, 1tb 7200rpm hdd), minor difference in cpu (i7-4710 instead of i7-4720) and OS ( win8.1 instead of 10) but without G-sync yet. I'm able to play GTA5, Fallout4, Witcher3, Tombraider, Saints row4, Bioshock infinite, etc, at almost the highest settings minus AA, and still get 30+fps. And no heating problems at all even when gaming for 12hours straight. The only thing I added was a 2tb hdd on the 2nd bay and another replacing the optical drive giving me 5tb storage total. The g751jt gave me the freedom to play high end games anywhere and is the reason why I never upgraded my desktop gtx560ti.

noobOC
06-22-2016, 11:39 AM
JT has the gtx 970m gpu which is more than capable of handling the 1080 resolution of the G751. I have the JT-CH71 which has almost identical specs ( 970m gpu, 16gb ram, 1tb 7200rpm hdd), minor difference in cpu (i7-4710 instead of i7-4720) and OS ( win8.1 instead of 10) but without G-sync yet. I'm able to play GTA5, Fallout4, Witcher3, Tombraider, Saints row4, Bioshock infinite, etc, at almost the highest settings minus AA, and still get 30+fps. And no heating problems at all even when gaming for 12hours straight. The only thing I added was a 2tb hdd on the 2nd bay and another replacing the optical drive giving me 5tb storage total. The g751jt gave me the freedom to play high end games anywhere and is the reason why I never upgraded my desktop gtx560ti.
30 fps with AA off is already half of what I feel those games should run at, and is one game gen any from obsolete. But I don't want to blog out OPs thread. Just my opinion. And Im a bit cranky :p

Batogun
06-22-2016, 01:10 PM
Well I don't think even the 980m can run high end games with max settings at 60fps, they're laptops after all. I'm just happy the 900series gpu made high end mobile gaming at max settings even possible. I guess I'm just one of those old school gamers that never overclock and unable to distinguish between 30 and 60 fps. lol :o