PDA

View Full Version : G751 Bios related question, how to turn off Fast boot? - solved

chili1496
06-27-2016, 05:35 PM
Hi had my G751 for about 6 mths now and its running really well. My issue is at the moment i am trying to figure out how to turn off Fast boot? i can access the bios by pressing ESC
during startup once in the bios i cannot find anything related to turning on/off fast boot.
maybe its right in front of me but i cannot see it, any help apreciated

thanks

JustinThyme
06-27-2016, 08:09 PM
First Item under the boot tab right at the top.

Also turn it off in windows under power options and change what the power buttons do.
I turned it off as it dumps physical memory to hiberfil.sys fil as well as loaded drivers then restarts from that. The more memory you have the more it writes and I dont want continous 64GB writes to my HDD for something that I noted no change other than it making the shutdown take forever.
This adds a little faster start for spinners but nothing really for SSDs. Its really hibernate redefined and changed up a little.

chili1496
06-28-2016, 12:23 PM
cheers buddy i found it in the bios however not found it under windows power option's?

cl-Albert
06-28-2016, 04:24 PM
cheers buddy i found it in the bios however not found it under windows power option's?

Hi, hope the screenshots below can help.

Looks like you need to click on the 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' before you can turn off Windows fast startup.

chili1496
07-01-2016, 02:16 PM
cool thanks for taking the time to post the screens