PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning G751JL Screen

aswefaded
06-28-2016, 06:43 PM
Hello, I've been looking around forums trying to find the best cleaning method for these IPS displays with not much good information. I was hoping someone could provide me with what works best to clean the screen. Thank you.

nemerdekel
06-29-2016, 10:01 AM
Hello, I've been looking around forums trying to find the best cleaning method for these IPS displays with not much good information. I was hoping someone could provide me with what works best to clean the screen. Thank you.

I use some random cheap LCD cleaner I found in a supermarket with a microfiber cloth and it works perfectly, no stains.

Rares95
06-29-2016, 06:02 PM
Isopropyl or Medicinal alcohol

JustinThyme
06-29-2016, 06:31 PM
There are probably 1000 myths and 10x that many in methods.

I dispel them all. I dampen one paper towel with windex (never just spray it on) and wipe it clean and follow behind it with another dry one. Been doing it this way for years, even after someone came out with specially formulated screen cleaner and following that it was not not safe to use anything else.

clockworksatan
07-01-2016, 10:14 AM
I just use a (very slightly) damp cloth with water. Cheap, simple and effective.

aswefaded
07-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, just decided to go with a microfiber cloth and some water and it worked great!