PDA

View Full Version : About to get Gsync for my g751jy, should i get it or not?

Dvirlu
07-01-2016, 08:23 PM
As i said i want to get gsync, i play all kinds of games from the latest titles to old nostalgic games. Im in uni so i prob wont be getting myself another laptop for a very
long time, and so i thought why not get the gsync upgrade, its 100$ and if i keep the comp for a long time, why not.
So i wanted to know how people that got it are feeling, was it worth it in your eyes? also since im already making a post and asking questions, can you please post
the most aggressive notebook fan control profile so when i decide to overclock in the future ill have more headroom. Thanks

toronto699
07-01-2016, 09:51 PM
I'm still waiting for the parts for the upgrade as others are to , just read the Gsync thread make your own conclusion, fill out the forum on the first post first page of Gsync thread by Bahz at the bottom VIP link , u can always change your mind
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Available!
and 100 bucks is cheap u may even get a new Motherboard and processor "UPDATE 4 (Mar 11, 2016)
I've been updated that we'll be extending the deadline of this program to July 31st, 2016" Quote Bahz
So u had better act soon to get on the upgrade list. Ill get the Upgrade its worth it in long run in my humble opinion

Dreamonic
07-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Since your first question was directed to only the people who got the G-SYNC upgrade and their opinions on it, I'll stay out of that one. Regarding aggressive fan profiles using NBFC, try this one here (http://www.voltground.com/haven/threads/69/).

Dvirlu
07-02-2016, 07:08 AM
also forgot to ask yesterday, the gsync upgrade changes ur refresh rate to 75hz native right? has anyone managed to change their refresh rate to 100hz stable? i remember that the people that made the modded gsync driver got it to 100 but wondering if its the same here, thanks.
also i knew about the gsync for ages, phoned asus in my country ages ago but didnt get a reply, their service is crap in my country, i think im about to send them a email w/ the meme "shut up and take my money"