PDA

View Full Version : ROG SPATHA charging dock issue

ForMol69
07-05-2016, 03:20 PM
Hello,

I have received today my ASUS ROG SPATHA mouse. All is running fine while using the mouse. I installed armory and it directly updated firmware for both dock and mouse.

After i played with the lights for a good while, programmed my buttons and tested a few games, i placed the mouse in the dock for charging.

While positioned in the dock, the light on the mouse is continuously going flashing from green to red (color that I've set for use mode). I watched a few reviews online and noticed that in some of them the color on the mouse zones is always green while the mouse is docked.
I initially thought it is a connection issue and tried to dock the mouse as it was turned off .. every time i dock the mouse the light turns on which tells me that it is charging through the dock. In armory the battery went to 100% after a while so that also confirms that it's charging.

Does anyone else have this issue ? Is this a known issue ? Do i have a technical problem with my mouse ?

Thank you in advance for the help !

Necessitor
07-07-2016, 01:29 PM
I have this problem. The dock does not work after the latest update. The mouse works fine on wired mode but nothing on wireless mode. I'm going to try and find a solution here..
http://thenitwitts.enjin.com/forum/m/28206608/viewforum/5250475
I do reviews and will do a fixit post for this. The dock just doesn't seem to activate. Put the wired mouse on and it activates. Take the plug out of the mouse and all dead, both mouse and dock, very odd.
Necessitor.

Necessitor
07-07-2016, 01:59 PM
Ok, my solution was simply sequence of actions. So I unplugged and turned off the mouse at the base, then plugged the dock in, then turned the mouse on at the base. This is'nt explained anyway really. I'll have a look at your specific problem and try for an answer which will be in the review I've done. Also I'll post here for you. Great mouse btw, love it.

Bahz
07-11-2016, 09:54 AM
I have reported this issue over to our peripheral team and they're looking into this

ChecKJaM
07-12-2016, 07:08 AM
I have reported this issue over to our peripheral team and they're looking into this

I also started getting problems with the dock.. TOday for example it seems dead.. well lights work when u restart computer. a purple light for one second or so but then it is not working. tried new USB ports and everything..
So much problems with this product so far.. hope they get fixed very soon..

EDIT: fixed now after removing USB in the dock and leaving it off a little. then put usb back in to dock.
weird it did not fix itself by turning off computer, opening asus software, or plugging out and changing USB port in PC. it has to be unplugged by the DOCK and not the PC to start working.. very weird..

Bahz
07-12-2016, 09:43 AM
Received update from our peripherals team that they're working on new version to fix this

vulcanmist
07-31-2016, 03:42 AM
I have also experienced this problem. With the latest Spatha mouse driver, the color is supposed to be in green when full. However, it suddenly changes color in a split second. It's quite annoying knowing that it shouldn't be that way. Can you guys update it, or is there a way to downgrade the mouse firmware?

ForMol69
08-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Received update from our peripherals team that they're working on new version to fix this

I actually found that there is nothing wrong with the mouse or dock.

It is just a software / firmware issues

So .. the mouse is supposed to pulse green while charging and battery is below 90% ... The mouse is not pulsing while battery is above 90%

The issue is just visual in fact .. when the mouse goes from 89.9% to 90% it doesn't do that definitely .. so i suppose there is some kind of .01 .. 0.02 .. 0.0x fluctuation.

Because of that fluctuation .. the color will shift from "pulsing green" to the color which is set by the user ... further on making us belive that the contact is imperfect.

Until they fix it by some kind of software / firmware upgrade ... i'm inclined to suggest people not to worry .. there is nothing wrong .. it's just annoying .. but nothing wrong.!

bateto_007
12-06-2016, 06:26 AM
I have new driver: Software version: 1.01.19 and firmware version 1.57 . The docking not work. Wirless mode not work. When I press pairing to dock ... nothing, when I pres and hold - start blinking red. When I pres pairing to mouse - short blink and nothing.

-hetz-
12-12-2016, 05:00 PM
I have new driver: Software version: 1.01.19 and firmware version 1.57 . The docking not work. Wirless mode not work. When I press pairing to dock ... nothing, when I pres and hold - start blinking red. When I pres pairing to mouse - short blink and nothing.

For me the only solution for now is to unlug and replug the usb cable from the dock, and after that mouse starts to work in wireless mode. I need to do that every time I start my PC.

Chuuu
12-13-2016, 08:58 AM
I ve the same problem for months now.
But the only way to have my wireless to work again is to remove its battery and pulgging it again.
I ve bought the Spatha at US a couple months ago and to tell you the truth its annoying to buy an expensive ROG item and have this kind of ptoblem.
I ve loads of ROG products like MB ( formula vii ), mousepad ( sheath ), strix 1080 ... and thats the 1st time I m totally unhappy with a ROG product.
No direct answer from anyone ...

Asus Team, thtas not the VIP treatment you say we wold have from ROG invitations ... in fact no customer ROG or not should !

I really hope to have a better answer soon, we are working is a response that politicians tells to the mass, please be better than that!

TC

chris1407
12-15-2016, 02:34 AM
Was having similar issues too!
First of all Rog Armoury didn't "prompt" for an update to latest version (1.01.19) -check for update reported that I'm on the latest version.
As soon as I uninstalled and reinstalled as stated in your page, the firmware procedure came in. Everything OK in wired mode, I hit the finish and still no light on the mouse, so I guessed I should remove the cable for the wireless update to take place and indeed I was prompted again for an update, but how could I press it when the cursor was dead?? (re-pairing the mouse didn't work) I don't know how many time I tried , I even got a warning message in Korean - don't know what was stated there and too bad I didn't screenshotted it but your engineers might know. Anyway for some reason I managed to complete the firm update on both modes. Don't know though if these are the latest as in wireless mode I get a greyed out message below the version "go in wired mode for firmware update".
**Latest version of Armoury seems way buggy- unlike the previous 2.xx (for me)
Running now
Rog Armoury 1.01.19 (latest)
Spatha wired firm 1.57 (latest)
Spatha's dock (wireless) firm 1.26 (latest) ??

Bahz
12-15-2016, 09:59 AM
We're working on the fix for the battery issue, there are still some problems that we need to iron out first so that's why the firmware and software update hasn't been released yet.

bateto_007
12-17-2016, 07:02 PM
The problem with wireless connection occurs when synchronous lighting between keyboard and mouse

Brighttail
12-20-2016, 01:55 AM
It is interesting to read this as I have had zero issues since I got my Spatha replaced last month. There was a single day where it wouldn't pair wirelessly but unplugging the usb wireless dock from the computer and plugging it back in fixed it.

I'm also wondering if all this has anything to do with the beta version of the armory software vs the non-beta version. I'm using the beta version since I have the Asus Rampage Extreme edition 10 motherboard.

I'll never turn down a firmware fix that actually fixes something, even if i'm not experiencing an issue tho. :)

Severan
01-25-2017, 09:16 PM
It's funny to see a mouse going for over 150 euros with these kinds of connectivity issues.
Every time i reboot my pc it's like rolling the dice. It may work, or it may not. i always leave the mouse on the dock. Sometimes unplugging and plugging the mouse works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes turning it off and on again does the trick. Sometimes I need to restart the pc.
The more bells and whistles, the more issues, clearly.
If there is anything the dev team is willing to test out please get in touch with me, I'm more than willing to try out stuff to help.

Bahz
01-26-2017, 01:16 AM
For all those having this issue I would recommend downloading the latest firmware directly from the website and not use the software to perform the update for now as we're making changes to correct the issue when updating directly from inside the Amoury software. I would say it appears about 15-20% of users are having this issue but not all. I know my previous update was very vague but the issue has been identified and a beta version fixes the problem but the solution also causes some other problems and we're working on resolving these other problems before we can release it.

Brighttail
01-26-2017, 01:42 AM
For all those having this issue I would recommend downloading the latest firmware directly from the website and not use the software to perform the update for now as we're making changes to correct the issue when updating directly from inside the Amoury software. I would say it appears about 15-20% of users are having this issue but not all. I know my previous update was very vague but the issue has been identified and a beta version fixes the problem but the solution also causes some other problems and we're working on resolving these other problems before we can release it.

Hey Bahz.

How is this done exactly? I went to the website and only see the ROG Armory update nothing on firmware.

Once we have a firmware file how do we manually update it?

Severan
01-26-2017, 06:56 PM

Hiya, yeah I've gone through all that, tried two different pcs et all. Called Asus Iberian and they gave up. Told me to use the warranty. This is really sad seeing a forum choked full of complaints 🙁

Bahz
01-27-2017, 12:46 AM
Sorry the response from our engineers was in Chinese, they meant if you had a much older version of Armoury to clean the registry and download the latest version install manually and don't use the software to update to the latest version of Armoury.

Brighttail
01-27-2017, 01:07 AM
Sorry the response from our engineers was in Chinese, they meant if you had a much older version of Armoury to clean the registry and download the latest version install manually and don't use the software to update to the latest version of Armoury.

Ah thanks, Bahz for clearing that up. Tho considering how large the registry is, are we just looking for anything that says Spatha or Armoury? I suppose uninstalling the program and using something like CC Clearner may work, but not 100% guarantee we'd get everything.

Not trying to be mean or anything but 'clean the registry' without telling us what we are looking for or where in the registry seems that it could be quite the task. I suggest anyone trying make a save of your registry before trying it.

Severan
01-28-2017, 01:57 PM
Right, update on my part, for anyone interested, and I'm going on with this in hopes that Bahz will have something most constructive to pass along.
I got my spatha for xmas, the driver I'm running is thus the 1.01.19:

As far as I can understand, both the dock and mouse are up to date, but notice the screenshot.
"Firmware version X"
"Firmware version Y"
What firmware? Of what?
Is it the dock and mouse firmware? of course it is, but which one is which? How do I know if it's up to date? Where can I compare? I press the check for update button? But then it says "software is up to date", but what about the firmware then? am I to assume that everything is up to date? Then why do I have a message telling me to connect the usb cable?
Questions questions questions...
This is some basic analysis on a consumer software, for a mouse, that should be plug and play. While I may be overcritizing it, it still bears noting.
ASUS developers need to start working out on their communication. Some clarifications are in order in the software, or if not, remove those statements all together because they are not helpful, at worst they will make a client pick the hardware and ask for a refund because it wasn't understandable.

Please Bahz, pass this along as well:
You can check my hardware, my motherboard is a ASUS maximus VIII Hero, and the spatha wouldn't turn on when I booted the pc. I was running the ~1702 firmware (writing by heart, may be off on those last two digits.)
Followed your advice, reinstalled, updated, rebooted, turned OCs off completely (just in case), tried two pcs, one of them recently formatted, no difference.
Sometimes the mouse would work, quite often I'd have to get up and unplug and replug the cable. For a wireless mouse, this is grounds for immediate replacement.
Following on an earlier issue I had with asus hardware as well (a motherboard and mouse literally not working together causing instant black screen, check my older posts for it, I updated it recently) I decided to try another VIII Hero BIOS, the 22 something something, on a gut feeling.

Lo and behold, it works now, at least I've rebooted and shut down the pc over 20 times and the mouse started up every single time.

Bahz, buddy. This is unacceptable. BIOS updates should never influence peripherals. And this is the second time an ASUS hardware forced me to update or flash back a BIOS to be in working order.
Imagine if all asus clients had to update their bios. I can only imagine how many RMAs ASUS would get in that very same month for failed attempts...
Please, pass this along Bahz, because I can understand if ASUS develops in different departments thus having little idea what goes on in other teams, but this is PC hardware on a level that should all be plug and play and always work.

Anyway, I'm happy for now, will reboot the machine again and hope it won't bork up this time :(

Thank you for your time, and once again, if I can be of help, feel free to contact me.

Brighttail
01-28-2017, 07:46 PM
I have a question for all of you having problems. Which version of the Armoury software do you have? I have noticed many of the issues i'm seeing here started with the most recent software update which included the ability to sync your mouse with your motherboard/keyboard/GPU using Aura sync.

Just out of curiosity two question for you folks:
1. Do you all have something for it to sync to, specifically an Asus motherboard with Asus motherboard that supports Aura?
2. Have any of you tried going back one version of the Armoury software?

I know it should NOT be a necessity to do this, but like many versions of software, especially BIOS files, there can be bugs. So I'm wondering if this would work to help some of the connectivity issues people are having by simply going back one version of the Amoury software? I haven't tried this as I haven't had the issues that you all have been having for the most part. I think one out of every 30 restarts I have to unplug my USB cable to the wireless dongle, plug it in again and it works.

Anyway if moving back to a previous version of the Armoury software 'fixes' this issue for you all it may be a short term solution until Asus can come out with a fix for it all. Of course it may all be a firmware issue and doing the software rollback may have no effect but I was curious if it MIGHT work.

If anyone wants to try this, make sure you uninstall the previous Armory before you do. Let us know if it works or any issues. GL!

Severan
01-28-2017, 09:38 PM
I have a question for all of you having problems. Which version of the Armoury software do you have? I have noticed many of the issues i'm seeing here started with the most recent software update which included the ability to sync your mouse with your motherboard/keyboard/GPU using Aura sync.

Just out of curiosity two question for you folks:
1. Do you all have something for it to sync to, specifically an Asus motherboard with Asus motherboard that supports Aura?
2. Have any of you tried going back one version of the Armoury software?

I know it should NOT be a necessity to do this, but like many versions of software, especially BIOS files, there can be bugs. So I'm wondering if this would work to help some of the connectivity issues people are having by simply going back one version of the Amoury software? I haven't tried this as I haven't had the issues that you all have been having for the most part. I think one out of every 30 restarts I have to unplug my USB cable to the wireless dongle, plug it in again and it works.

Anyway if moving back to a previous version of the Armoury software 'fixes' this issue for you all it may be a short term solution until Asus can come out with a fix for it all. Of course it may all be a firmware issue and doing the software rollback may have no effect but I was curious if it MIGHT work.

If anyone wants to try this, make sure you uninstall the previous Armory before you do. Let us know if it works or any issues. GL!

There's two armoury versions, the first is version 2, which had some registry bugs, and the current one, version 1, you can see my comment above for a screenshot.
Due to the issue with the registry I'm not willing to try it. Also, my motherboard does not allow for Aura sync, as such there is no sync happening in armoury.

Brighttail
01-28-2017, 10:15 PM
There's two armoury versions, the first is version 2, which had some registry bugs, and the current one, version 1, you can see my comment above for a screenshot.
Due to the issue with the registry I'm not willing to try it. Also, my motherboard does not allow for Aura sync, as such there is no sync happening in armoury.

Interesting. I was using the Version 1 armoury for a little while before they came out with version two and never had an issue.

Severan
01-29-2017, 01:23 PM
Check Bahz last post of page 2. He mentions a "much older" version of armoury, but spatha only has two versions, so I figure he mentioned the first one.

Brighttail
02-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Any word on the newest firmware/software?

Lunatic24_7
03-24-2019, 07:14 PM
for all those having this issue i would recommend downloading the latest firmware directly from the website and not use the software to perform the update for now as we're making changes to correct the issue when updating directly from inside the amoury software. I would say it appears about 15-20% of users are having this issue but not all. I know my previous update was very vague but the issue has been identified and a beta version fixes the problem but the solution also causes some other problems and we're working on resolving these other problems before we can release it.

any chance of the url?

Brighttail
03-24-2019, 09:43 PM
any chance of the url?

Google Asus Spatha. Go to the Asus webpage for the Spatha. Click on Support, then next page click drivers/downloads. Choose your version of windows and download the latest software version. This should update your firmware as well. Don't forget after you have updated your firmware with it wired, restart your computer with your mouse disconnected from the wire and using wirelessly. Restart the Spatha program and it should update the dock's firmware at that point.

Lunatic24_7
03-26-2019, 10:48 PM
I have a similar issue.

software 3.00.20
firmware 1.72

later software revisions default my firmware to 1.00 . I have reverted back to this as its the only one that allows me to sync with Aura.

my wireless refuses to work, but wired is fine.
when I try and pair, the light flashes green , then as soon as I click the mouse pair button , I get a different colour for a second on the dock then nothing.

please release a version that works, as I have already had to reinstall the OS just to get Aura to work again.

having paid so much for ROG hardware, it is disappointing for this to happen in the first place.

Lunatic24_7
03-30-2019, 05:27 PM
Having read through a lot of threads in the forum, I have concluded the following:

You cannot pair the Spatha with Aura Sync, but should use Armoury to illuminate the mouse.
if you do, other hardware in Aura will cease to sync.

I have read the instructions above, but since I cannot get the Spatha to work wirelessly in the first place,
it would be futile to try it. But I did anyway...and as soon as I rebooted without the Spatha wired. I got what I expected - no updated dock firmware and no working mouse...but to my surprise, when I plugged the Spatha back in again (wired), it too failed to work. I then had to take out the secondary cable that it came with and use a different usb to enable my mouse.

I have given up at this point and resigned myself to the fact that I have paid 154 for a wireless mouse that doesn't work wirelessly.

Lunatic24_7
04-03-2019, 08:51 PM
I have reverted back to the original version of Armoury that was supplied with the mobo and it seems to be stable for the moment. no issues, wireless is working fine.
I am however reluctant to update either the software for Armoury or the firmwares for the dock or mouse.

Here are the versions I found to be stable:

usaid syeed
01-25-2021, 12:48 PM
So my spatha is charging when wired , but when i go wireless and i put it on the dock it says its charging but then actually its not charging, soo my dock is not charging my spatha can someone please help me .

Element47
05-08-2021, 02:17 PM
It doesnt instill confidence into the brand that this thread has not been further adressed.
My wife bought a Spatha recently and has been very unhappy about the fact that the dock does not work at all. Checked BIOS settings (Mainboard is an TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)) to ensure power delivery during shutdown, ensured in windows settings that computer goes into restmode only, the dock still does not charge, in any of the USB ports. Tested with other USB devices that the ports are, indeed, powered during shutdown.

Interestingly, dock does charge when connected to my Aorus-board powered rig. It does not work when connected to my wifes Asus-board powered rig.

Mouse has already been RMAd once. At this point, its as good as any cabled 15bucks mouse, and its really disappointing.

Any suggestions to remedy would be appreciated.

vil-2
06-03-2021, 10:52 AM
Hello
Spatha user here as well. I have been using the mouse on wired mode for the last couple for months due to home office and the mouse not being able to last a day on a single charge.
Now I'm back to the office so I'm using the Spatha only for gaming, the evening/nights, hence shorter sessions, so I'd like to revert back to wireless.

The problem is, the mouse is no longer detected. I have followed the advice given in the sticky post, but it doesn't work. As soon as I go to wireless mode (plugging the dock after unplugging the mouse and turning the switch on), then Armoury says there is no ROG device connected. I tried to press the Pair buttons, no results.
The mouse's LEDs turn on for one or two seconds, then they turn off, end of story. It is as if it was running out of battery (although it is full). If I place the mouse on the dock, then the LEDs are glowing. Wired mode still works fine.
I have reverted back to an early version of Armoury, proceeded with the requested updates, to no avail. Does that mean the battery or the mouse is dead somehow?
I used to use the Spatha with Armoury, or Armoury Crate, it used to work fine, I don't understand what could have caused this. Any help appreciated!