PDA

View Full Version : Asus g53sw or Asus g53sx?

thejanitor86
12-28-2011, 09:35 PM
well i am about to buy one. both are from xoticpc.com. I don't do much serious gaming but i would like to start playing a few games like BF3 and Swotr. I know those games are very different in their requirements. Mostly i am wondering if overall the g53sx is better. i know it has a few more features. Also i keep seeing people saying they hate the touchpad. but while i was playing with a demo one at best buy i didn't see what the problem was. any one care to elaborate. this is my first gaming/high end laptop that i have bought. so i am just trying to understand the pros and cons. thank you all in advance for your comments.

BrodyBoy
12-28-2011, 09:50 PM
As far as I can tell, the most significant difference is that the SX has a superior graphics card. For everyday use, it probably doesn't matter, but I would think the 560 should give better gaming performance than the 460.

I think the G53s come with a Sentelic TP (not sure if any have Synaptics). But bottom line, most complaints about the Sentelics are that their drivers are less refined and customizable as the Synaptics drivers most of us have used on other laptops. (Asus seems to like these "off-brand" components!)

Assuming it's fully functional and not defective, it's not a great touchpad, but I don't think it's all that bad. Gamers use external mice anyway, don;t they?