PDA

View Full Version : Asus G752VY . usb mouse light on after windows shutdown

Simao
07-15-2016, 11:27 PM
Hi guys. I know that my doubt was already discussed here in another post. I also remember see from here something like that, but now i cant find.
So, my old doubt is, why my usb light still on after shutdown the windows? This is related to the bios version, maybe a bios problem? How can i fix this?

Im sorry for asking this again here. I really need your help.
Thanks to all

Clintlgm
07-16-2016, 02:16 PM
Yes supposed to be only the right front port maintains power to the USB for Charging cell phone etc, there were reports of power remaining on for all ports earlier this year after the release of the G752. I don't remember that that there was a solution. You might try turning off Charger Plus in the BIOS and uninstall from windows unless of course you want to charge a tablet while your notebook is turned off?

karl6774
07-16-2016, 04:47 PM
Hi guys. I know that my doubt was already discussed here in another post. I also remember see from here something like that, but now i cant find.
So, my old doubt is, why my usb light still on after shutdown the windows? This is related to the bios version, maybe a bios problem? How can i fix this?

Im sorry for asking this again here. I really need your help.
Thanks to all

Hello,
the solution is to install the ASUS USB Charger and put the cursor at 0 %

Simao
07-16-2016, 08:14 PM
Si, if i change the usb for another port, i dont will have this problem?
And, if i upgrade the Bios, this helps anything?
Thanks

ROG_HARDCORE
07-17-2016, 08:54 AM
Upgrade or updating Bios to latest Wont help. Install the ASUS USB Charger and put the cursor at 0 % wont help as well, this will even cause bug and will trigger voltage at usb port sometimes, and sometimes not.

True solutions is, Live with it. Be happy.
Install the ASUS USB Charger, set to 0%. ---- Best one so far although not perfect.

Simao
07-17-2016, 01:23 PM
Its resolved. I change the mouse for another port :) , simple.
I have one more question. What appens after a Bios update if i restore the factory settings, make a reset to the default of the windows? It will be stay the factory bios version, or will stay the updated version?

Thanks

JustinThyme
07-17-2016, 01:42 PM
BIOS only changes when you change it with a BIOS flash tool. It basically an instruction set that tells the machine that its a PC when you power it up, set the memory and CPU clocks, identifies the hard drives and decides what to boot from. If you got the USB power to shut down congrats, you are a legend! This has been going on since the G751.
I unplug anything that is in my USB ports which doesn't amount to a hill of beans. I use blue tooth mouse so thats not even an issue. Yeah is has a little bit of lag in response time in the milliseconds which equates to change of performance in gaming or anything else of precisely ZERO. The human body cant even involuntarily react to electrical shock that fast let alone make a cognitive decision and response. Most of the time when gaming Im using a logitech G13 gaming pad anyhow that replaces the keyboard and most of the mouse functions anyhow.

Simao
07-17-2016, 01:51 PM
BIOS only changes when you change it with a BIOS flash tool. It basically an instruction set that tells the machine that its a PC when you power it up, set the memory and CPU clocks, identifies the hard drives and decides what to boot from. If you got the USB power to shut down congrats, you are a legend! This has been going on since the G751.
I unplug anything that is in my USB ports which doesn't amount to a hill of beans. I use blue tooth mouse so thats not even an issue. Yeah is has a little bit of lag in response time in the milliseconds which equates to change of performance in gaming or anything else of precisely ZERO. The human body cant even involuntarily react to electrical shock that fast let alone make a cognitive decision and response. Most of the time when gaming Im using a logitech G13 gaming pad anyhow that replaces the keyboard and most of the mouse functions anyhow.

Thanks for your answer and help. So, for resume, i can default the system/windows to the factory settings, that i will dont have any problems, bugs or errors, because, in spite of the reset, the system will keep the last bios that i updated, right? I have update for the 213 versio. After the reset to the default i will have the same 213 version ?
Thanks, and sorry, i dont understood much of this.

JustinThyme
07-17-2016, 02:18 PM
Yes, it will remain the same no matter what you do with the operating system.
Before you attempt a BIOS flash make sure you are familiar with the process, have everything ready, battery fully charged and machine plugged in with no overclocking.
Download latest version of winflash from ASUS support. uninstall the old version in control panel then install the latest version. Launch winflash and point it to where you saved the BIOs rom file.
Most important part, once it starts DO NOT INTERRUPT IT!!!! It hould reboot, launch to BIOS flash tool, erase the old, write the new then reboot again where you will most likely need to verify your BIOS settings so you might want to have a look and make note of what everything is set at before the flash.

If you interrupt the flash you will have rendered you machine useless. "Bricked"