PDA

View Full Version : G715JL Display random turn off - local Authorized service says it the "OS"

GokyROG
07-19-2016, 11:05 AM
I have this problem and I am aware of all topics here regarding it.The major problem here is that it was send to authorized service in my country and they claim that it was because of the "WRONG" OS which is windows 10.Since I've installed Windows 7,8,8.1,10 while trying to figure out whats wrong and the issue was not resolved so their "SOLUTION" did nothing.I've even flashed to the newest bios and nothing. Any solution that was posted on this forum I've tried and nothing.
I've tried contacting asus uk and they told me that they can't help me because I'm outside UK and I need to contact our local asus in Croatia which we don't have here so...magical experience...
Can someone tell me what can I do who can I contact how can I get to asus directly because I have a broken notebook which is still under warranty 2 or 3 more months but people just don't want to fix it.

nemerdekel
07-19-2016, 03:42 PM
Does your displa completely turn off or it goes black for a few seconds? I have the solution for the 2nd one.

GokyROG
07-20-2016, 10:49 AM
it goes black for 10 sec but its happening frequently , in 1 hour like 5 times or more,but this is a malfunction I don't want any workaround I want this to get fixed or get my money back what ever.But please post your solution I'm curious because I've tried everything that was posted on this forum and nothing helped

watzuuuup
07-21-2016, 02:55 PM
I'll test my luck and say you haven't seen my post regarding the exact same problem: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83873-ROG-G751JL-Display-problem-randomly-stops-working-for-a-second-then-back-to-normal
You'll find the solution there, though I have to say it isn't a 100% fix but the random black screens appear very rare like once per week.

I got to the conclusion that there is a conflict between the onboard GPU (more like the section on the processor that manages graphical processing) and the dedicated one. When the flashes appear the notebook tries to switch between the two not considering the fact that the onboard GPU is factory disabled. In other words tries to switch to nothing so it reverts to the currently used dedicated GPU.
So the solution that our friend here nemerdekel provided, downclocking the processor core voltage and cache voltage worked unexpectedly well.
But this is my opinion only and I ain't a computer guru.
I hope this helps.

JustinThyme
07-21-2016, 03:06 PM
Its not the OS, Ive been running Win 10 on a G751JL for a very long time and never experienced this.

Have you opened a ticket on the ASUS global website? Unfortunately a lot of the so called authorized repair centers do not employ the sharpest tools in the shed. Blaming the OS because its not what came on it from the factory is a scapegoat excuse for "I dont have a clue"
Best thing you can do if you have to send it out is to put the original factory image on it so they dont have that crutch to use. IMO undervolting the GPU to get it to work is not acceptable. All that tells me is the chips they used are bottom of the barrel in the bin process and if undervolting solves it they should replace the mother board.

GokyROG
07-27-2016, 10:44 AM
well the problem is when I try to contact them via mail or anything it redirects the mail to our "auhorized service" so I don't know what to do

GokyROG
07-29-2016, 04:03 PM
haha,took the notebook from "repair" and while reinstaling new OS display turned off 2 times on the screen where I am asked how will I call the computer,and while typing the name it went off and second time while in idle on desktop.And they still claim its not a hardware issue

JustinThyme
07-30-2016, 02:47 PM
This is just another reason why I ALWAYS save the original drive with the original image on it so when things like this occur they don't have lame excuses. I simply put the original drive back in and its as it left the factory.
You might want to give Bahz a try cl-Albert. Send a PM and explain your dilemma. If there is a way to escalate past the unqualified but authorized service center in your area they will know.