PDA

View Full Version : ROG G750JW sudenly wont boot !! Only Power and Num Lock LED

mvadu
07-19-2016, 06:00 PM
Hello, up until last Friday my G750 was working normally. I left it over the weekend and now it won't boot at all. Only Power LED and Num Lock LED are lit, and the screen does not even show ROG logo. No matter how many times I restart it will not change. Following ROG forum advice, I even tried to clear CMOS by shorting JRST001, removing the 3.3V battery but no change. I tried Ctrl+Home while powering it up with a USB attached to one of the ports with bios image on it, but doesn't look like it even tried accessing data from USB.

ll_r1d0_ll
07-19-2016, 06:11 PM
have you tried connecting it with external display?when did you repaste the gpu and cpu last time ?

mvadu
07-20-2016, 02:51 AM
I tried connecting to my TV, it does detect it as a PC, but few seconds later shows "No Signal". I never repasted gpu/cpu. I periodically vacuum the vents.

wango911
07-20-2016, 06:42 AM
Try removing the RAM and testing each individual stick. If you are able to get the unit to POST, you may have a defective RAM stick, and just need to replace the defective module. If it still does not POST or display anything, the possibility breaks down to motherboard and/or GPU. The GPU on these computers are modular, so they are fairly easy to remove and replace without sacrificing the entire mobo. The tricky part is troubleshooting which of the two are the culprit.

mvadu
07-21-2016, 03:25 AM
No luck with RAM sticks. The system behavior isn't chnaging even when all RAM sticks are out, which makes me believe either bios chip or CPU itself is busted.

ll_r1d0_ll
07-21-2016, 04:49 AM
try connecting the display with external old Monitor not the HDMI port ....but it sounds like you need a new GPU now

Marco_cps
08-13-2016, 07:22 PM
Hello, up until last Friday my G750 was working normally. I left it over the weekend and now it won't boot at all. Only Power LED and Num Lock LED are lit, and the screen does not even show ROG logo. No matter how many times I restart it will not change. Following ROG forum advice, I even tried to clear CMOS by shorting JRST001, removing the 3.3V battery but no change. I tried Ctrl+Home while powering it up with a USB attached to one of the ports with bios image on it, but doesn't look like it even tried accessing data from USB.

First off let me say hello everyone, and I have the same problem in G750jw .

Anyone know where I get the electric scheme of G750jw mother board?

Marco