PDA

View Full Version : Asus rog Gladius vertical bug

costilletax
07-20-2016, 09:28 PM
Hi,

I play a lot of cs go and low sens games (400 dpi 1,8 sens in cs go), i Bought this mouse two days ago and i love the shape, i really do, but I've also noticed that the mouse has some click delay and ok, i can live with that i guess
but what i can't live with is this weird bug that happens randomly when moving the mouse vertically(either upwards or downwards).The mouse sometimes draws a straight vertical line, which makes the mouse move like this:

Is there any fix to this? I think it is related to the firmware... If i can't fix it I'll just have to return it

Bahz
07-22-2016, 07:28 AM
I also use this mouse for CSGO and I don't have this issue. Did you check to see if you have the latest driver and firmware?

costilletax
07-22-2016, 12:49 PM
I do, firmware 1.29 and asus armory 1.27 if I'm not mistaken. Is it possile to roll back the firmware?

Bahz
07-25-2016, 08:24 AM
I believe it's not possible to rollback, have you noticed this only since you updated firmware or has it always been like this?

Bahz
07-25-2016, 08:26 AM
I'm not sure if this issue is caused by angle snapping but have you tried disabling angle snapping both in the software and in windows mouse settings? I'll have to check my settings at home to see if mine is enabled or not (currently at work).

Bahz
07-25-2016, 09:14 AM
So I spoke to our peripheral team engineer and he said there's a newer firmware and armoury version that can also fix the click delay, please download the latest armoury and you'll also be prompted to update the firmware.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/ROG_Spatha/ROG_Armoury_Driver_V2107_Win7-8-8-1-10.zip?_ga=1.190004270.441509673.1462513003

Let me know if this fixed the issue for you.

costilletax
07-25-2016, 01:41 PM
Thank you for taking the time to reply here, but after downloading the software, the firmware is still the same version but at least i can fix the click delay now.

I can't say if this happens after updating the firmware cause the first time i pluggd it I downloaded the rog armoury software so... But I've seen reports of the same problem on overclock.net with this mouse
and they related it to firmware, so I'm pretty sure firmware plays a role in this. I doubt it's the sensor, the Deathadder with the same sensor doesn't have this problem, and the same goes for the evga x5, xm300, etc...

costilletax
07-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Ok, i've opened the asus armoury again and a message in chinese prompted and a tick box to disable firmware updates, but i can't update anything.

Bahz
07-26-2016, 03:29 AM
Can you share a screenshot of this? I've updated mine yesterday and I believe latest firmware version is 1.33 (?) I'm really starting to think that you have a defective mouse.

costilletax
07-26-2016, 12:30 PM
Ofc, here:

And this is what i get when i check the firmware update box

:(

Bahz
07-27-2016, 03:46 AM
Thanks, I'll pass this over to our peripherals team to look into.

costilletax
07-27-2016, 09:52 PM
Thank you again, really.

Bahz
07-28-2016, 12:56 AM
I assume you did try enabling the feature to check for firmware updates during startup?

costilletax
07-28-2016, 04:01 AM
When i enable that i get the message in chinese and nothing else happens :S

Bahz
07-28-2016, 05:14 AM
It doesn't happen for me and our peripheral team has recommended that you RMA your unit as it's likely defective

costilletax
07-28-2016, 05:20 AM
I guess that's what I'll do, thank you very much for your time :D

Bahz
07-28-2016, 05:27 AM
No problem :)

Bahz
08-01-2016, 12:52 AM
For those who get the pop-up message when the installing the latest Armoury please do the following:

Please unplug mouse then hold down the left click, mouse scroll, right click, and finally plug back in the mouse while the buttons are being held down to begin the firmware update process.

Marco1971
08-01-2016, 01:24 PM
This apply to ROG Gladius too ? Support website so far reported only 1.29 firmware version.
Thanks.

Marco71.

Bahz
08-02-2016, 04:13 AM
This is only for Gladius, it's when installing the latest armoury version which currently is only available through Spatha download section as the Gladius version is not yet ready for release.

costilletax
08-05-2016, 11:07 PM
I haven't rma'd mine yet cause i can't find a proper replacement for it(I hate razer with all my heart) so i'm waiting for the new mice to be released, maybe the cougar revenger or even the mouse logitech has been teasing, whatever mouse that has a 3360 and then i'll rma it.

I got my the rog armoury to update my mouse using an older version from the spatha web, it says "1.30" but when i check the info of the mouse in linux for instance it says 1.29.1, so I'm kinda confused, I don't know what the update changed either, i still have the tracking bug
and i tried the replacement 2x omrom switches, one of them was faulty and would actually malfunction if i kept it pressed for 3+ s, the sniper scope would be released without me lifting the finger, and i know is the switch cause i swapped it to the right click and same thing happened. So at this point
I will rma it when i find an alternative, but meanwhile I'd like to know if you are capable of replicating the tracking bug, it happens more often when moving the mouse vertically or in circles and then slowly moving it to one side while keeping the circular motion.

I think it happens when the sensor changes the amount of fps settings it is using, I can get it to malfunction when after moving it quite quickly I try dragging a straight line with it.
Here's a pic of what mousetester displays when the mouse malfunctions:58681

I'm sorry to insist but I truly love this mouse now that i could fix the click delay and if I can find a workaround for this annoying bug before september I'm 100% i won't return it(,I don't care about the faulty switch, they cost 1€ so no big deal) cause other than this tracking bug, it's perfect now.

PD: I forgot actually that I can't plug the mouse to a usb 3.0(they are not intel controllers, they are Etron), maybe it's my mobo or the csm mode enabled, it didn't happen until i updated If i remember correctly.

Marco1971
08-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Hi, this seems to me an issue of something like a tracking glitch. It happens randomly ?

Marco.

costilletax
08-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Not random at all, it happens after certain patterns and after hitting a certain speed. It is not related to surface calibration or LOD, I've tested several mousepads so I'm 100% it has to be a firmware issue or just a defective sensor, but I'd like to know which one of those two is the correct answer, cause if it's just my mouse, then i'd get a new gladius.
The higher the polling rate, the easier it is to replicate this. 2000hz + 100hz makes it happen all over the place even when moving the mouse at below 1.x m/s. I guess maybe it's the trick they've used to achieve the emulated 2khz and it's also affecting all the polling steps, but it gets easier to replicate the higher the polling rate you use.

Bahz
08-08-2016, 08:51 AM
My guess that it has to be a defective sensor because I'm not able to replicate what you've shown here.

costilletax
08-08-2016, 09:26 AM
That's good news then, i've seen some reports with the same problem, so i'm still i bit unsure, have you tried setting it to 2khz with 100 dpi and moving it from one side to the other while circling? It's very noticiable when drawing lines in paint. Thank you again man :D

alanriedi
08-21-2016, 09:52 PM
My guess that it has to be a defective sensor because I'm not able to replicate what you've shown here.

I can easily replicate that malfunction. I think all or most ROG Gladius have this problem but people usually just don't notice.

Bahz
08-22-2016, 02:05 AM
I'm going to try again and see if I can replicate it. This issue has been already reported to our peripherals team but I haven't received any updates from them.

Bahz
11-30-2016, 06:32 AM
There's a new version for Gladius which is targeted to fix the click delay issue:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/Armoury_v10119.rar?_ga=1.232537623.963744428.14700 27668

Marco1971
11-30-2016, 01:10 PM
Updated today early morning. New firmware report to me version 1.30.3.
Is it correct ?

Thanks.

Marco1971.

ChasBurkhart
11-30-2016, 02:43 PM
I don't have the issue with my Gladius but will look into it as well tonight

ROG Loyal Fan 2016

Bahz
12-02-2016, 05:59 AM
Updated today early morning. New firmware report to me version 1.30.3.
Is it correct ?

Thanks.

Marco1971.

Yes, should be correct

ChasBurkhart
12-02-2016, 02:41 PM
installed myself but was unable to recreate the bug on the old version. Gladius appears to be functioning correctly

ROG Loyal Fan 2016

Nicholas Steel
06-18-2018, 11:09 AM
1) How did Bahz register his account in June 2020?

2) The newest Asus Rog Armoury says my mouse is calibrated for a glass mouse pad while the previous version of Rog Armoury says it is configured for Plastic. If I set it to plastic in the newest version of Armoury than the older program will think it's not set to plastic. Since I'm comfortable with whatever the older program thinks is Plastic I've calibrated the mouse with that version of the software.

3) I don't notice this issue with my newly purchases Gladius mouse (latest firmware, v1.30.xx). I know there's the Gladius II now but I don't like the extra side buttons, I would be accidentally clicking them all the time. Presumably the original model isn't being manufactured anymore so I bought 2 new ones recently, one to replace my old one and the other as a spare ($94 AUD for 2 with free shipping! I originally paid about $80 for one of them when they were newly released by Asus).

4) When I click any embedded image in this topic I'm taken to a page saying I don't have permission to view the image.

5) No Asus ROG Gladius software has installed mouse drivers for the mouse. Windows continues to use 2006 generic drivers, Windows Update doesn't provide any Asus specific drivers either.

MasterC@ROG
06-21-2018, 09:26 AM
1) How did Bahz register his account in June 2020?

2) The newest Asus Rog Armoury says my mouse is calibrated for a glass mouse pad while the previous version of Rog Armoury says it is configured for Plastic. If I set it to plastic in the newest version of Armoury than the older program will think it's not set to plastic. Since I'm comfortable with whatever the older program thinks is Plastic I've calibrated the mouse with that version of the software.

3) I don't notice this issue with my newly purchases Gladius mouse (latest firmware, v1.30.xx). I know there's the Gladius II now but I don't like the extra side buttons, I would be accidentally clicking them all the time. Presumably the original model isn't being manufactured anymore so I bought 2 new ones recently, one to replace my old one and the other as a spare ($94 AUD for 2 with free shipping! I originally paid about $80 for one of them when they were newly released by Asus).

4) When I click any embedded image in this topic I'm taken to a page saying I don't have permission to view the image.

5) No Asus ROG Gladius software has installed mouse drivers for the mouse. Windows continues to use 2006 generic drivers, Windows Update doesn't provide any Asus specific drivers either.

1. I really hope time travel will be available in a couple of years and that I get access to it first.

2. Is there a question here? :) Just choose a preset surface.

3. What issue are you referring to?

4. Your account status appears to be fine, have you tried different PCs or browsers?

5. Are you having any issues with the latest software available from the official support page?
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/ROG_Spatha/ROG_Armoury_v10226.zip?_ga=2.24501758.555404238.15 29456832-329128221.1511925089