PDA

View Full Version : Arrival of G752VY - Questions....

Signal2Noise
07-22-2016, 09:24 PM
I received my new G752VY yesterday. Other than the horrid keyboard font it's a pretty nice unit with 32GB ram and 256GB SSD. I'm still getting it all set up. A couple of Q's about it...

-For wifi it has an Intel AC 8260. Is this a good card? If not, is it easy to replace? Where is it located? I remember on my G74SX it was a bit difficult to access with big fingers. I may upgrade my router soon but for now I still use an ASUS RT-N66U.

- Those two rubber plugs cheaply tethered to the back fan exhaust grill....leave on or take off? Not sure of the purpose....?

- nVidia CP indicates Gsync is active. Is there an actual way to tell if this is indeed true?

-I've uninstalled McAffee (using Norton) and ASUS Gift apps. Anything else I should be removing?

Apologies for seemingly noob questions, I've been out of the laptop tech loop for a number of years. :(

Clintlgm
07-22-2016, 10:44 PM
Congrats on the new notebook, WiFi card would be in the not accessible area of your new notebook.
The 2 rubber plugs are to prevent dust build up when you are not using your notebook. So take them out when your running and put them back in when not using it.
What you remove is up to you. ATK package is needed and hardware drivers are needed. Asus Support Downloads (http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1)has all the latest drivers tested for your notebook.

Simao
07-22-2016, 11:34 PM
1- from wifi cards and change, i dont understand much of this
2- the 2 rubber plugs: when you are using the laptop you take them out, when you turn of the laptop/dont use him, you can put them in the plaace
3- to see the g sync go to the nvidia control panel (right key of the mouse and you got it), and then inside, find a option where says g sync options or configurations.
There, you can see if the g sync is one, and manegament is options.
4- about the apps, i cant tell you, because what is importante for me, cant be for you.... but, i unistalled the web-storage, asus gift box.

Enjoy your laptop,

ROG_HARDCORE
07-23-2016, 01:08 AM
Intel AC 8260 are currently the best wireless card notebook can get. With PCIE 3.0 X4 , up to 867 Mbps, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz dual band, Intel V pro, Bluetooth 4.2!

if you were thinking about Killer™ Wireless-AC 1535 killer , pffff... that sucks. Trust me, i've been struggle when using this card at G751. Drivers issues, pings issues.. argg..Just bunch of false advertisement junk.

Signal2Noise
07-23-2016, 02:42 AM
Cool, guys. Thanks for the replies & feedback. Just keep 'em coming if you have more suggestions.

I've just ordered an Alienware Orion M18X backpack, hope it fits!

DecadenceFTW
07-23-2016, 08:01 PM
Cool, guys. Thanks for the replies & feedback. Just keep 'em coming if you have more suggestions.

I've just ordered an Alienware Orion M18X backpack, hope it fits!

I just ordered the Asus ROG Nomad V2 Backpack, since I heard it was bigger and would fit the new G752VY series. I ordered a G752VY-DH72 last night, so I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival!!!

Is the Alienware backpack made by Alienware, or is it made by Mobile Edge? Just curious why you would get an Alienware bag for your ASUS laptop. It's like putting a Ford car cover on your Chevy. ;):D

Signal2Noise
07-23-2016, 09:48 PM
I just ordered the Asus ROG Nomad V2 Backpack, since I heard it was bigger and would fit the new G752VY series. I ordered a G752VY-DH72 last night, so I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival!!!

Is the Alienware backpack made by Alienware, or is it made by Mobile Edge? Just curious why you would get an Alienware bag for your ASUS laptop. It's like putting a Ford car cover on your Chevy. ;):D

The pack is by Mobile Edge. I really don't care about branding, just wanted something reasonably priced and fits which according to user reviews it does.

leslie_jensen
07-23-2016, 09:59 PM
I got the nomad v2 and g752vy fits real nice in it. . Why are you Getting the g752vy now if the new one g752vs is comming oct/sep with 1070/1080 ? I just returend my g751vy hoping for asus to get There finger out

Sendt fra min SM-G900F med Tapatalk

DecadenceFTW
07-23-2016, 11:14 PM
The pack is by Mobile Edge. I really don't care about branding, just wanted something reasonably priced and fits which according to user reviews it does.

Makes sense, just didn't know if you did it because you thought the other case wouldn't work. But I see now that it's like half the price of the Asus one so that makes sense. Good stuff.

DecadenceFTW
07-23-2016, 11:15 PM
I got the nomad v2 and g752vy fits real nice in it. . Why are you Getting the g752vy now if the new one g752vs is comming oct/sep with 1070/1080 ? I just returend my g751vy hoping for asus to get There finger out

Don't keep up with this stuff anymore really and didn't know the new one with the 1080 was coming out soon. But I got mine for $2,100 and I doubt the new one will be less than $3k with the same configuration. I'm not trying to spend $3k on a laptop. Plus, I'm headed to Afghanistan and need the computer by next week.

Signal2Noise
07-24-2016, 01:23 AM
.... Why are you Getting the g752vy now if the new one g752vs is comming oct/sep with 1070/1080 ?...

Well, afaik only the GTX1070 model has been "confirmed". I imagine there will be some performance pains to work out introducing the GTX1080 into a laptop configuration. Also availability of a desktop GTX1080 hasn't been that great either...I'm on EVGA's email list and every time I go to order they are suddenly out of stock/backordered. However the biggest barrier for me waiting on a VS or whatever the letters will be is the $$$price$$$ of these new gpu-spec'd laptops. Once I'm done with the VY I'll be ready for the GTX2080 model ;)

DecadenceFTW
07-24-2016, 01:42 AM
Well, afaik only the GTX1070 model has been "confirmed". I imagine there will be some performance pains to work out introducing the GTX1080 into a laptop configuration. Also availability of a desktop GTX1080 hasn't been that great either...I'm on EVGA's email list and every time I go to order they are suddenly out of stock/backordered. However the biggest barrier for me waiting on a VS or whatever the letters will be is the $$$price$$$ of these new gpu-spec'd laptops. Once I'm done with the VY I'll be ready for the GTX2080 model ;)

I'm with you. No way I'd spend $5k or whatever the highly specc'd laptops are going to cost once they get the desktop GPUs. This laptop is for my overseas travel. When I get back, I don't need it anymore. Even if I did need it for years and years, there's no way any game I play would justify that kind of money haha. I play MMO's and maybe a couple of FPS. Those ran just fine on my G75VW, but I sold it to get a desktop when I got back from overseas a couple of trips ago.

leslie_jensen
07-24-2016, 02:50 PM
Gods speed and good luck down There man ! Great job you guys are doing if im right about your work