PDA

View Full Version : Audio out with G73jh HDMI ?

brettt777
07-28-2016, 04:03 AM
I have a G73jh and I frequently run a larger monitor with the HDMI port. But I am always having to run a separate audio line out as well. If I have my HDMI line out to my TV to watch a movie off my laptop, Isn't there a way to get an audio signal through the HDMI cable into the TV/monitor?

Gps3dx
07-28-2016, 01:11 PM
1. right click on audio icon in systray -> playback devices -> under playback tab -> enable intel/nvidia HDMI output.
2. then -> goto recording tab -> enable stereo mix -> open its properties -> goto "listen" tab" -> choose from dropdownlist of "playback through this device" the intel/HDMI item I wrote to enable in the 1st line.

also make sure your HDMI cable it at min supports HDMI v1.3.
Also note that newest/latest versions of HDMI cable (v2.0+ that can even trasmit internet data through it ) can have issues working with old HDMI devices ( TV/streamers etc ) thus it is better for them to be connected with HDMI v1.3/1.4 cables.

Lastly, open NVIDIA panel ->disply->setup digital audio -> play with the options there. ( assuming you've install NVIDIA HDMI audio driver in the first place )

brettt777
07-28-2016, 06:21 PM
1. right click on audio icon in systray -> playback devices -> under playback tab -> enable intel/nvidia HDMI output.
2. then -> goto recording tab -> enable stereo mix -> open its properties -> goto "listen" tab" -> choose from dropdownlist of "playback through this device" the intel/HDMI item I wrote to enable in the 1st line.

also make sure your HDMI cable it at min supports HDMI v1.3.
Also note that newest/latest versions of HDMI cable (v2.0+ that can even trasmit internet data through it ) can have issues working with old HDMI devices ( TV/streamers etc ) thus it is better for them to be connected with HDMI v1.3/1.4 cables.

Lastly, open NVIDIA panel ->disply->setup digital audio -> play with the options there. ( assuming you've install NVIDIA HDMI audio driver in the first place )

Okay.... Uhhhhh... I did not install the nVidia HDMI audio driver; I don't have an nVidia GPU. It's a Radeon Mobility 5870. Is there an HDMI audio driver for ATI that I need to install?

Gps3dx
07-28-2016, 09:59 PM
According to my google 2 sec search that shows me the following the sites... the answer is YES, "AMD Catalyst" driver should contain HDMI driver as well ( if not it's probably a separate installer which you also can get from AMD's official site)
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/g73jh-hdmi-audio-out.515725/
https://community.amd.com/thread/184657

also the following FAQ will hint on the same answer: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Audio-Frequently-Asked-Questions.aspx

thus, get the current driver for your GPU from AMD's official site.

brettt777
10-10-2016, 12:16 AM
Okay, I got the laptop HD audio to work on the 42" TV at my work apartment and the 46" Sharp in my bedroom. But for whatever reason, I cannot get audio on my 23" Samsung 2370HD monitor I use for both my laptop and desktop. The manual says just to plug an HDMI cable in and a separate audio cable is not required. The audio on the monitor works when it's in the TV mode but I don't get anything when a PC or laptop is plugged in using HDMI.