PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA Graphic Drivers installation failled on Windows 10 on G751JY

mat44
07-28-2016, 11:28 AM
Hello,

I'am new in this forum.

I've bought a ROG G751JY and since 1 week i try to install Windows 10 and the good drivers for the graphic card.
- The first, I migrate from windows 8 to Windows 10. The graphic card drivers as migrating but the card has been stoped by windows (code 43) in the device manager.
I try to install last nvidia driver but there is no change.
- I reinitialise windows and I try to install many version of nvidia drivers (official and the recommended version in http://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-...Desk_Download/)
- I reinstall (fresh install) but the same issue.
- I try to use the nvidia driver downloaded from windows update but it is the same result.
- I try to desactivate some other devices like that HID but nothing.

I can't use the nvidia card and i can't plug an other monitor. Only "Microsoft basic display adapter" can bu used.

Some one can help me please ?

Many thanks.

Mat.

Gps3dx
07-28-2016, 01:01 PM
hi there,

1. Download latest driver from NVIDIA site ONLY ( NOT ASUS !) for your GPU model, OS and right platform bits ( x86/x64 )
2. Download DDU ( an nvidia driver uninstaller ) (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html)
3. IMPORTANT STEP: DISCONNECT ANY INTERNET CONNECT ( WIFI/LAN ) AND DO NOT RECONNECT UNTILL LAST STEPS.
4. uninstall any graphics driver you've install using add&remove of windows.
5. REBOOT
6. open DDU exe, press "clean and restart (highly recommended) and REBOOT
7. install nvidia drivers you've just downloaded as follows:
---A. Choose CUSTOM ( ADVANCED ).
---B. Choose "clean installation" and install only 3 items: Graphics driver, Physx & Audio drivers - NOTHING ELSE ( i.e UNTICK everything else ).
8. reboot
9. reconnect to any internet you had.

Please report back success/failure.

mat44
07-28-2016, 02:24 PM
Hello,

I follow your instructions :
- the pc is deconnected from the net
- uninstall drivers with DDU, and uninstall some ASUS features
- installation of the last nvidia driver (368.81) with custom and fresh installation (only Graphics driver, Physx & Audio drivers)
- during the installation, there a black screen and the computer is rebooted automaticaly
- after restart but the screen is black and after 2 reboot, the diagnostic starting boot is activated

I must to desactivate the NVIDIA Card to reboot normaly

I try to install an older version (364.72) there are no black screen and no reboot during the installation. When the PC reboot, graphics card has been stoped by windows (code 43) and a lot of green pixel appeared

I m desesperated :(

mat44
07-28-2016, 02:32 PM
And More :

I'm in French version, but i 've try in English but it's the same thing.
After DDU, i notice that the resolution is good but it's impossible to change the resolution (in the graphics settings, the dropbar is disabled)
After aan installation of the nvidia drivers even if the graphic card is desactived, the resolution is "zoomed".

Mat

Gps3dx
07-28-2016, 02:48 PM
After DDU, i notice that the resolution is good but it's impossible to change the resolution (in the graphics settings, the dropbar is disabled)
it is the expected behavior.
DDU is NVIDIA/INTEL/AMD display adapter driver UNinstaller, thus after you use it windows fallback to the default "windows drivers" for that device.

After aan installation of the nvidia drivers even if the graphic card is desactived, the resolution is "zoomed".
NVIDIA driver does "know" to read minds nor remember any history ( as you uninstall it manually + used DDU ) -> thus after its installation you need to manually right click the desktop -> display settings -> change to your wanted resolution and "size of text".

mat44
07-28-2016, 05:06 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Have you an other idea ?

Mat

mat44
08-03-2016, 04:12 AM
up

help

Gps3dx
08-04-2016, 08:43 PM
what is your current status ?
on what part of my suggestions your got stuck ?
When do you see screen artifacts like these "green pixels" you mentioned ?
I need more info to identify the issue you suffers from.