PDA

View Full Version : Overclock funny thing happen

neo_amro
08-01-2016, 08:56 AM
Hi guys ..
I overclock i5 6600k to 4.7with 1.344v with LLC LEVEL5
prime95 rn at 1 hours no crush or any thing happen aiada64 run 8 hours anything fine thats mean system stable co prime95 27.9 its tough to cpu
But when I run realbench he Crush after 2 min with BoSd APC_MIX_MISMATCH
Then increase my volt even to 1.375 still crush 😞
When I run 4.6 with 1.320v LLC level 5 its pass the test
Any one have experience with realbench ??
Z170-A
I5 6600k
16 gb lpx corsair vengeance mhz 2666 xmp

Arne Saknussemm
08-01-2016, 02:01 PM
RealBench is curated/created by ROG inhouse holistic system twisting codeweaver Nodens. It's a seriously good tool for testing system stability since it tests the whole system together all at once...i.e. CPU...GPU...RAM and all the bits on between.

It is my creme de la creme stability go to....i have never had a system pass RealBench and fail something else so far.

Other tests stress single components...but dont give the same level of pangalactic beating...

It may be that your 4.6 oc is the rrally stable one...the sweet spot for your CPU. Maybe 4.7 will need a whole lot more voltage...

neo_amro
08-01-2016, 04:04 PM
RealBench is curated/created by ROG inhouse holistic system twisting codeweaver Nodens. It's a seriously good tool for testing system stability since it tests the whole system together all at once...i.e. CPU...GPU...RAM and all the bits on between.

It is my creme de la creme stability go to....i have never had a system pass RealBench and fail something else so far.

Other tests stress single components...but dont give the same level of pangalactic beating...

It may be that your 4.6 oc is the rrally stable one...the sweet spot for your CPU. Maybe 4.7 will need a whole lot more voltage...

thanks bro really helpful << BTW in realbench temp 62 - 63 C at 4.6 Ghz prime95 72 C (in ambient temp 21 - 23 C)
in 4.7 GHz aida64 temp 63 C 5 hours prime95 cookin 84 C :confused: realbench crush after 5 min !!

Nate152
08-01-2016, 04:13 PM
Hi neo_amro

Be sure you're running the stress test and not the benchmark in Realbench, the benchmark will require a little more voltage.

Open Realbench, click stress test beside benchmark and give it a run again.

Your temps look really good. :)

neo_amro
08-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Hi neo_amro

Be sure you're running the stress test and not the benchmark in Realbench, the benchmark will require a little more voltage.

Open Realbench, click stress test beside benchmark and give it a run again.

Your temps look really good. :)

thanks but why realbench vrush in 4.7 and aida64 stable prime95 stable :confused:

Nate152
08-01-2016, 05:54 PM
Well if you're running the Benchmark the encoding test I find requires a little more voltage than just running the cpu stress test.

Click stress test beside benchmark and select 8GB of ram, the 15 minute test is fine.

Arne Saknussemm
08-03-2016, 04:46 PM
thanks but why realbench vrush in 4.7 and aida64 stable prime95 stable :confused:

Sometimes if you only stress one component or one subsystem of the PC it can complete the task at a higher frequency than if you test multiple subsystems.

Its like juggling....you may be able to juggle two balls in one hand at high speed..but juggle another two in the other hand and you may have to reduce speed or you drop balls ;)