PDA

View Full Version : G751j/ G751Jt dvd/blueray issue, never detects there is a disc in the drive ?

fixwec
08-04-2016, 03:33 AM
Wife and I both have similar laptops , both upgraded to windows 10 for awhile now, we never use the DVD drive in mine or the blue-ray in hers recently i have attempted to use them and in both of them, it never detects there is a disc in the drive it always asks to put in a disc , i have tried everything i have found on the web reg edits new drivers deleting drivers everything thing i can find, any help?

Gps3dx
08-04-2016, 07:42 PM
go into device manager, make sure that under "DVD/CD-ROM drives" your DVD device is ENABLED.
then goto "disk management" (press win+x) make sure your DVD drive got a "letter". if it's missing one, right click on him, "change drive letter..." then pick one and apply.
about drivers - windows 10 should install them... don't mess up with them.
but if you've already did that, in the device manager, right click of the DVD device, choose "UNSTINALL" then right click again on any other device and choose scan for hardware changes. ( this should get the device back with default MS driver... there might be a need for additional uninstallation of the 3rd party drive by going into "add or remove program" of windows.

fixwec
08-04-2016, 09:41 PM
go into device manager, make sure that under "DVD/CD-ROM drives" your DVD device is ENABLED.
then goto "disk management" (press win+x) make sure your DVD drive got a "letter". if it's missing one, right click on him, "change drive letter..." then pick one and apply.
about drivers - windows 10 should install them... don't mess up with them.
but if you've already did that, in the device manager, right click of the DVD device, choose "UNSTINALL" then right click again on any other device and choose scan for hardware changes. ( this should get the device back with default MS driver... there might be a need for additional uninstallation of the 3rd party drive by going into "add or remove program" of windows.

Thank you for the reply, Ive done all of those tips, and I would honestly think that the drive is just bad because its there it just does not read any discs however my wifes computer has the same problem and i find it unlikely that both drives went out at the same time.. not even the same drive!