PDA

View Full Version : Republic of Gamers G53sx Naked Eye 3d Release?

Bigkingxxl
12-30-2011, 02:16 AM
Hi!
Now it is about a half year since the Naked Eye G53sx was announced and there is still no Release date or price (europe) ..
Does anybody have more informations? Im asking myself if its worth the waiting or if i should buy the g74 with glasses..
Thanks!

ColonelS
12-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Hi Bigkingxxl

You might want to check this thread out G53SX naked eye 3D future (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?3592-G53SX-naked-eye-3D-future)

on a sidenote personally i would get the G74 :p

Bigkingxxl
12-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Thank you for your reply!

But i already know, that there are a few G53SX versions.. but all of them are without naked eye.
I know that, because ROG announced the Naked Eye 3D model just (August) at Gamescom 2011 in Germany, and on the german ROG-site they say, that the avialability isn't declared right now... and if you want to order it there are always glasses in the standard accessory.. i think that excludes naked eye..

And i think the right naked eye model will have a "3D" or so in the name.. to avoid any possibility of confusion..like now..

PILGRIM
12-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi, Bigkingxxl.

As far as I know, ASUS is still tight-lipped on the release of the G53 Naked Eye 3D. Makes me wonder, too,
why it's not yet on sale now. (Maybe it's still a work-in-progress?)

For comparison's sake with the G74 3D, I tested the G53 Naked Eye 3D during the ASUS Fair
at Hong Kong, several months back. IMO, the G53 Naked Eye 3D doesn't even come close to the
"real" 3D immersion experience in using the 3D glasses.

The result: I ended up buying the G74SX-3DE and never regretted it..

But you can still wait for the G53 Naked Eye 3D, if it's what you wanted..:)

Bigkingxxl
12-31-2011, 01:22 AM
Thanks for your answer!
Mh jep i'm tired of waiting right now, so i guess, that i will buy the 74... i already have seen naked eye 3d because i've got a Evo3D and i know that it isnt perfect.. the eyetracking was the only adventage for the g53.. but youre right, it won't fix the missing "depth" of naked eye 3d vs. glasses...and i think it reduces the resolution by one half..

PILGRIM
12-31-2011, 01:50 AM
Being a G74SX-3DE owner myself, I would say you're making a good choice for a laptop..
You're in luck, because the G74SX-3DE is now upgraded to Asus G74SX-DH73-3D, and the
current price is lower than before.

Aside from the 3D, the matte-screen is the major reason I chose this laptop. I wear glasses
most of the time, and the non-glare capability of this screen is just perfect for me.